Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:32 AM
Default Daft things we do for our Sims
Earlier tonight I spent about 15 minutes (real minutes, not Sim ones) deciding what wallpaper to use in the living room of my rich, elderly Romance Sim in my test 'hood! I only created him to test a romance mod. Yet I spend all this time choosing wallpaper to make his living room looks nice! (The Paste grey paint that Maxis put on interior walls is so boring.) I'd already spent a lot of time making over the outside of the house so it doesn't look out-of-the-box Maxis, and refitting the kitchen with expensive stuff because I've decided he's a rich Sim.

I'm sure I can't be the only one who does ridiculous things for their Sims. What daft things do you do for yours?

(Note to mods: I've started a new thread because I can't find a similar one. And I've put it in the Common Threads category because I think/hope it could be a long-running thread. If you don't agree, please feel free to re-categorise it as General and/or merge it with any similar pre-existing thread.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:42 AM
I know I'm boring, but I really don't. To me, Sims are pixels that are governed by code, and they are there to entertain me. I do plenty daft things, like spend ages trying to figure out why Sims doesn't want to work properly, but that's not for my Sims, that's for me because I enjoy the game.
Alchemist
#4 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:21 AM
Sometimes when I buy something, say, a chair, and the Sim turns toward the screen with the "what the heck were you thinking?" expression, I'll swap it out for a new chair.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:03 AM
I do stupid stuff like that too, damn it. It's a fricking test sim. You aren't even going to be here long. They don't need new carpet and matching dining room chairs or a chess table. They don't even need a bookcase.

Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Sometimes when I buy something, say, a chair, and the Sim turns toward the screen with the "what the heck were you thinking?" expression, I'll swap it out for a new chair.

LOL, I get that with hairstyles. They make disgusted faces in the mirror after you gave them a new one. I usually just say, well suck it up; it ain't changing lol.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:07 AM
I've changed my sims makeover at the mirror if they have had a terrible reaction to what I put on them. Although that depends on the sim.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 5:30 AM
I once let a teen sim give her poor grandmother dozens and dozens of terrible free makeovers so she could learn cosmetology- just one after another after another until she had to go to school and her grandmother could scrub the awful clown makeup off her face and snag a few hours of sleep...

Check out my Simblr to follow the development of the Grand Duchy of Heimlichbourg!
Inventor
#8 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I've changed my sims makeover at the mirror if they have had a terrible reaction to what I put on them.

I for sure do this, lol. Unless it's custom wrinkles when they become middle aged and deeper ones when they become elder. That one they have no other choice than to accept.
But up until now they all accept that. Either in silence or by laughing very hard. No sim has complained about those yet.
Scholar
#9 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:27 PM
I use to obsess about maxing out all skills on all my sims (OCD much?) but now I have stopped. Mostly.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Scholar
#10 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 4:16 PM
I go to the effort of waiting to open Homecrafter/Bodyshop to make them some new clothes/wallpaper/flooring! To the hue I desire/matches another wall!

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Scholar
#11 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:24 PM
I always use money cheats to make sure my sims have everything hey'd want. I just can't stand to see them without, if if their situation would suggest them being poor
Inventor
#12 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 10:26 PM
With my original legacy couple (and their dog) I must have aged them down about 10 times now because I can't bear to see them die. Great grandparents at aged 55? I guess it's possible.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 11:23 PM
My SIL became a grandma at 48, the same age I am now. O_O

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~