Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Elders serve as really great nanny-alternatives.

This so much. Even if you completely ignore the elder and toddler and the elder is just a random playable they will play, talk, read to, feed, change and wash the kid.

I had one who had no surviving family of her own but was known to everyone in the hood because parents without elder parents would teleport her in before they went to work and she would happily take care of the baby, toddler or child until their parents came home far better than the nanny. She got paid in statues but didn't seem to mind if the family couldn't pay her one day and instead made her a two course meal with leftovers to take home.

The Brooke Family Legacy - Family Tree
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:35 PM
The only elders I've ever had were the premade ones. The Oldies and Goodies died immediately because neither fit into my plans. Every other one gets played like any other sim
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:31 AM
I love playing the Oldies. They have the family over frequently. Cora is enjoying her new grandson, and calls her granddaughters at college often. They have just added a doggy family member too. What I love to do with them though is explore the community lots. They enjoy going out together.
Scholar
#30 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 1:04 AM
I have my elders enjoy their retirement to the fullest. I used to give them lower quality beds to prevent them from waking up in the middle of the night, but no longer.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 3:51 AM
I remember the first time I had an elder dog. Because dogs don't have birthdays the message about ... it was something about slowing down because he was getting old, I think. But, he was a big black dog and he got so grey. Grey fur all through his coat. I suddenly thought, nooo I don't want to lose him and turned aging off lol.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 5:54 AM
A lot of you seem to assume that all sims will have grandchildren to take care of. A lot of mine are still taking care of their children; many don't have grandchildren yet; and some got old without ever reproducing. Leslie Gay is the queen of these. Her routine consists of:
Wake up
Play with cat
Open her store. With cat - Enola really seems to improve traffic. Keep eye on customers looking for hot women to date. Or even semi-hot. Tepid will do in a pinch.
Go home. Nap
Call for a date/throw party/take outing call/possibly all three at once.
Nap
Make stock for store.
Sleep.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#33 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 10:59 AM
Hmmm - yes, a lot of you seem to assume that elders will want to look after grandchildren too (if you think that in RL, you may be in for a shock).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#35 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob

Edit: Now you see, they could put tongue-in-cheek sci-fi options like this in the game, but instead they'll just re-tread vampires, witches and werewolves again for the third time for TS4.
Another reason EA won't get my money.

I agree that Sims 4 isn't intriguing me right now, but am a little puzzled how this is related to elders in the game. Unless you mean lots of elder mad scientists?

Anyway, I confess to not having many elders. I simply hate to age my adult Sims, even though sometimes, things get a little strange. But generally, in time, I do age them, and they pretty much go about their daily lives.

What's worse is that I hate killing them off, so my elders can live to the ripe old age of 150, once I do age them.

Seriously, EA should have really considered adding more stages to Sims 4, such as pre-teens and middle-aged Sims, not taken a stage away. But with CC, I can make a somewhat older-looking Sim in Sims 2 until I finally become convinced that really, having a 30-year-old Sim with parents who look no older than 40 themselves really is looking odd.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 10:39 PM
I fry them and serve them with a side of hashbrowns...

Just kidding. Although I was thinking about creating a nursing home lot.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 11:53 PM
I was just playing the Viejo household in Riverblossom Hills that has two elder best friends - Catherine Viejo and Betty Goldstein. These two are just asking to become a couple
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:43 PM
I like my elder Sims. Most continue to work unless they roll the want to retire. The eldest children sometimes return home after university with their fiance(e), get married and have kids so the elders help to look after the grandchildren (while still working). If the elders are left alone with no kids returning they indulge in hobbies. When a partner dies I have some of them move into a retirement home, which they all seem to enjoy, or they look for an eligble new partner.
Theorist
#39 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 11:22 PM
The same things I do with my adult Sims - let them enjoy/live their life.

Also, I tend to give them a bigger role in the community (e.g., become mentors to teens planning on going to college and run various charitable organizations and social groups).

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Forum Resident
#40 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 12:01 AM
My SimNation, being loosely based off of Florida, wouldn't be SimNation without elders.
Inventor
#41 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 1:46 AM
All the sims in my neighborhood approaching senior citizen status opt for euthanasia instead.
Just kidding. I only really played one elder couple (and it was ok - I gave them jobs and one worked at a local bakery business so I concentrated on getting her cooking skills maxxed out).
I have to say I did get a little impatient with the slow walk and regularity with which they need to empty their bladder,
I won't be aging my original sim couple even though they are great-grandparents now. lol. It's because I don't want to see them walking around with a stoop. Not all elderly people walk like that, neither do they have grating voices. I don't like those cliches.
Page 2 of 2