Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:18 PM
Default Have you ever seen a sim with your name, or something close?
We all know how the game can get pretty creative with the names it gives random townies and NPCs, but have you ever seen your name?

I've only seen two sims with a different spelling of either my first name or my last name. Lacie Zhang (I'm Lacey) didn't have a great style, but I gave her a make-over and now she's one of my favorite townies.

The other one, Ally Andersen, has almost the same name as my dog! They're both elders, too. I think it's very funny.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:38 PM
My first name has obviously been used thousands of times.
As for my surname, which shall remain a secret, it's the same as that of an actor, although I haven't come across any Sims of him. A Google search does reveal an entire 11 generation Legacy family that uses my surname, although at first glance they all appear to be fairly normal.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:53 PM
I have one playable sim that has my name. She was a townie before one of my sims married her.

I have to admit though I hope no one ever sees me playing her because I'm sure they'll think its a sim self :P
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:21 PM
Nope - but then I have a fairly unusual name and it ain't on EAxis's list.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#5 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:28 PM
Former bartender-turned-playable Kathulu is actually named Katherine, which is my used-only-on-paperwork given name. Much like Kathulu, I've gone by a nickname from day one

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#6 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:30 PM
My first name is very common, but I have yet to see a sim with it. Maybe it was left out of the Danish names list.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:04 AM
I thought I was the only Goopy GilsCarbo in the world until I played the sims 2!

(But really, alas, nothing close to my first or last name.)
Instructor
#8 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:07 AM
Yes I have. My name returns 47 100 hits on google. I'm a very famous person.

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Scholar
#9 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:56 AM
One of the elder ladys in Riverblossom Hills shares my first name, but only the translation, not in the original. I changed it, donĀ“t want my name on a tombstone.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 1:07 AM
Cassandra Goth is the only sim with my first name, though I go by 'Cassie'. I've also noticed a few dormies called 'Cassidy'.
As for last name, I've never met anyone in real life with my last name (other than family), let alone any sims - in fact, no-one in my family even knows where my last name came from, none of my great-grandparents have the same last name as me and no-one knows why my great-grandmother gave my grandpa that last name. Family mystery.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 1:55 AM
Come to think of it, I don't think I have. And my first name is not unusual in my country either. I have yet to be in a class without there being at least one duplicate. In my current one there are four of us, and we're only 54 people in the class. How strange that I haven't seen it in Sims. Or maybe I have and just not noticed.

Last name would surprise me greatly, as it's less common and not likely to have been chosen by whoever translated EA name list to my language.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 2:12 AM
My last name is a mess of German syllables while my first name is spelled differently because my mom is a dork (Haylee as opposed to, like, any of the other many spellings), so no. I don't even know if Haley is on the townie list? I feel like I've seen it but then again...
Instructor
#13 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 2:12 AM
lol only the first name
thank god I dont look like her

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Instructor
#14 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 2:14 AM
Nope. Maybe because I played the game in English, but even in my mother language, I doubt if I can see one.
Scholar
#15 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 2:25 AM
Only when I make her myself. I play my game in English, but I am originally from Norway.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 5:09 AM
My first name got used on a SSU cow mascot, an ALT professor, and a downtownie child, but all of them get randomized names when they're actually added to the hood, so I don't even connect them with the name; I didn't even know the uni NPCs' original names until just ten minutes ago. I feel like I might have seen someone roll it once as their own random name, but I don't remember anything about that encounter.

As for my last name, I think I might have seen a variant of it on a townie, but otherwise it doesn't seem like it's used as a surname.
Scholar
#17 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thax
My first name is very common, but I have yet to see a sim with it. Maybe it was left out of the Danish names list.

I think the names lists were just meant to be funny. Or silly. (At least my default one was.)
My first name is also very common in Spanish (Laura) but never ever I had a townie with my name (nor playables cause I never think of my own name for them xD).

Not long ago I started using BO's huge names lists, which has names in many languages, and my name have never appeared either.
Nor my surname which I hoped for (since it's way more common in Portuguese than in Spanish).

I have a townie with my flatmate's surname though, which is also a rather unusual surname, but the townie is male and the flatmate female so I guess it's hard to find any relation.
He married a playable so if they have a little girl I may name her after my friend xD
Scholar
#18 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 7:36 AM Last edited by IrishA03 : 25th Sep 2014 at 7:55 AM.
Sim-Selves don't count, right?
Um, but no townies with my name. Then again, it's a pretty unique one!!
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 7:56 AM
I've never seen a sim with my first name. I think I might seen a few townies with my surname but other than that, nope.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 8:41 AM
I'm pretty sure I've seen an Evelyn in my game before, but it was a while ago and I'm not sure what she looked like anymore And I have seen several downloadables, stories, legacies, etc. with my name. None with my last name though, which is not surprising, as it's Slavic and not even a very common Slavic one
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 8:53 AM
One of the more popular sims from the Pleasantview has my legal first name so it isn't in the default naming scheme for townies or most of the replacements or used to name custom sims very often. My surname is fairly common in my country but is apparently unheard of in the US and isn't in the default naming scheme or any US made replacement. The first name I use, and will at some point get around to making legal, is sufficiently rare that I only find occasional sims on GOS with it.

The Brooke Family Legacy - Family Tree
Mad Poster
#22 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 9:24 AM
There are one or two playables with my first name, but it's a very common one, so I think nothing of that. I haven't seen it on a townie yet.

There are however a couple of townies with my fairly unusual surname. One young-looking woman in Veronaville I've known for a long time now. Another in Pleasantview I've only met more recently. She has my mother's middle name and surname. I always treat both with especial care as I feel they might be distant relatives. (I'm notorious for coddling my Sims anyway.) The nicest word I can think of to describe the character of my good-looking relative in Veronaville is "feisty"!

Actually I believe the names (at least in the English version) are taken from EA/Maxis staff from around the world who worked on the Sims 2 project in some form or other, so it's nice to think that a very distant relative might have worked on the development of my favourite game. (You can see a list of all the credits under Options. It's a very long list, even compared to Hollywood blockbusters, but you'll recognise some of the unusual names of townies there. The first names and surnames were randomly mixed up to create the townie names.)
Mad Poster
#23 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:33 PM
No. My surname is very English and doesn't appear on their list, nor does my husband's, or the replacements taken from US census data. I've never found one with British names, which is a shame.

I haven't seen our first names either which is odd because they're common enough that I can think of 3 or 4 characters in TV shows with our first names.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#24 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:48 PM
Nope. But I have seen a few townies called Rosa.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 5:19 PM
Nope. But I am guessing because my real full name and last name are in Spanish and I am playing the English version that is why. But even my common English nickname don't even show up. So I been lucky.
Page 1 of 5