Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 4:20 AM
Create-A-Sim Face Template Replacement?
Is it possible?

From here: http://pleyita.tumblr.com/post/1477...body-on-mod-the
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 1:45 PM
Oh yeah! It is actually. That default replacement tutporial I made actually makes it possible to default replace any icon. Thing is, this is a IMAG file, not an IMG file. But in theory it should work actually. I just never thought of doing it! Also, you have to make sure the templates are the same size and the same area as the original templates. Else... you'll have some issues.
Virtual gardener
#3 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 2:48 PM
So I just got into the game files and I found the ones you're probably searching for. I listed them:
  1. ATLAS_CASEyes_00 - deltabuild0
  2. ATLAS_CASMakeup_00 - deltabuild0
  3. ATLAS_CASBasics_00 - deltabuild0
  4. ATLAS_CASCharacter_00 - deltabuild0
  5. ATLAS_CASBodyHair_00 - deltabuild0
  6. ATLAS_CASNose_00 - deltabuild0
  7. ATLAS_CASHeadEars_00 - deltabuild0
  8. ATLAS_CASMouth_00- deltabuild0
  9. ATLAS_CASNose_00 - fullbuild0
  10. ATLAS_CASEyes_00 - fullbuild0
  11. ATLAS_CASHeadEars_00 - fullbuild0
  12. ATLAS_CASMouth_00 - fullbuild0

FYI, the deltabuild is actually a package created for Updates and EP files. (Although it seems that the core stuff gets to be in the last fullbuild.package actually)

The ones from the Fullbuild is the CAS layout that got shipped with the game when you buy it. Now I own a very first released copy of the game, which means I always need to update when I install the sims 3 (from an update that you can't even play the sims with. Other people claimed they could if they didn't update the game.) Anyways! I'm not sure if you have these, but I saw some beta/alpha CAS layout that can be seen in the very first sims 3 trailers. So you can actually revamp the entire game to it's old CAS layout if you want to!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 5:27 PM
Very helpful, you might want to contact pleyita about this- this might mean better sim generation!
Virtual gardener
#5 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Very helpful, you might want to contact pleyita about this- this might mean better sim generation!

I replied on the post I just wasn't sure if you were the same person XD I'm not sure if you had any plans on changing them?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 11:50 PM
Nope, just a heads up to a potentially cool mod idea!