Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 10:11 PM
Default A Diamond in the Rough
I was just curious to know what other game you might consider to be a one of a kind classic that is often overlooked or forgotten. While I have many on my favorites list, I have to say The Getaway is certainly one of the most unique games of its time. Not to mention the only open world game with licensed vehicles.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 10:58 PM
Ghost Master http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Master

Played it as a kid. A game where you command ghosts and turn homes into haunted houses, scaring away mortals. A hugely unique game, with very innovative and fun gameplay ultimately ruined by bad decisions from the side of the developer.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 11:06 PM
That game amused me greatly Phoenix. From around that time, or just before, I liked Space Colony though there were a number of funny strategic type games from that period (Startopia also comes to mind).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_...28video_game%29

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 11:10 PM
Space Colony sounds quite amazing! Would love to try it sometime if I can find it on GOG or something. Startopia...I LOVED Startopia. The music, the aliens, the humour, everything! Also Startopia was incredibly easy to mod in some ways; the files controlling the in-game text (alien names, description of objects etc) were freely editable with wordpad. I remember I changed some things around and was so exited to see my changes in the game ^-^

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 2:27 AM
I've always loved the game Crimson Skies, despite never having found another person who plays it... the game itself is a pretty straightforward aerial combat simulator, but the backstory that went into the game is actually remarkably well thought out. It takes US history as accurate up until the start of the 20th Century, and then when the stock market crash of 1929 hits, instead of making it through the depression intact, the United States splinters into a couple dozen different nation-states, destroying the network of roads and rails that crossed the nation. Replacing them is a huge aerial navy of airships and zeppelins, accompanied by airborne security forces to fight of aerial pirates. Naturally, you play one of those pirates, a man who was a Great War fighter ace and a Wall Street millionaire before the stock market crash. Obviously that aspect is a tad fanciful, but the nations' maps and histories are actually almost all plausible- and I love alternate histories!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 2:31 AM
Gahan Wilsons Haunted House used to be a hoot and a half. I think it was the first computer game I played.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#7 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 7:05 AM
Walt Disney World Magical Racing Tour. I said it once, I say it again.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 10:57 AM
That's a black box. I guess a diamond in the rough is fairly black, too.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
Space Colony sounds quite amazing! Would love to try it sometime if I can find it on GOG or something. Startopia...I LOVED Startopia. The music, the aliens, the humour, everything! Also Startopia was incredibly easy to mod in some ways; the files controlling the in-game text (alien names, description of objects etc) were freely editable with wordpad. I remember I changed some things around and was so exited to see my changes in the game ^-^

There's been a recent graphics HD remaster version available. I bought it off GOG.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#10 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 7:19 AM
Moved to Greater Gaming World.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman