Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 5:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim moved to greek house that does not exist
I have a young adult who was successful in getting admitted to a sorority at Academie Le Tour (a college I have never played before for some unknown reason). She then moved to the greek house, and when I went back out to neighborhood view, I realized that there is not an existing lot for that sorority. Now I am unable to retrieve her as she is not in the family bin or on any other lot. Any suggestions on how I can either: create a greek lot or return her to my bin?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 6:07 PM
Do you have more than 1 uni hood associated with the main hood? If so, she moved to a greek house at another uni.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 6:07 PM
Who showed up for the pledge process? Whichever sorority they belong to, that's where she'll be.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattShizzle
Do you have more than 1 uni hood associated with the main hood? If so, she moved to a greek house at another uni.

I checked the other uni's and that sorority is not at another campus, nor is she in any lot there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Who showed up for the pledge process? Whichever sorority they belong to, that's where she'll be.

None of those people are on an existing lot either. There is not a lot or house that contains my sim or the sorority girls who recruited her.
Banned
#6 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 7:38 PM
You could try to have another sim who knows her call her - if she's on any lot at all when you click on her portrait while choosing who to call it will say the name of the lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 7:50 PM
Default UPDATE: Another failed attempt
I tried to build a Greek lot using the changeLotZoning greek cheat, but this did not work as well. The lot type changes when I am in build mode, but once I return out to the neighborhood it reverts back to being residential. I am not sure, but I think my only hope is for another sim to meet her in the neighborhood, seduce her, get her to move in, and then liberate her from that limbo. But this is frustrating, why have the option of joining (and moving to that Greek house) if your sims will not actually have a destination to go?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 7:52 PM
You could try to have another sim who knows her call her - if she's on any lot at all when you click on her portrait while choosing who to call it will say the name of the lot.

Excellent suggestion, let me give that a run and will post an update if I can figure it out.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 9:24 PM
Also, do you have anything that can summon her, like Inge's teleporter or the SimBlender? You might also be able to get her back into a household with SimPE.

I'm really curious about who showed up to pledge her.

It is possible to make a house Greek by applying for a charter in-game. I wonder, if you did that with an existing household at Le Tour, whether she'd turn up.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 6:39 AM
I did this once before. There aren't any Greek Houses in Academie Le Tour. You will find her in one of the other university towns. Just look for the relevant Greek House and you'll find her. You can then always move her into the sim bin and then back into Academie Le Tour.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 6:53 AM

One of my other uni sims did know her, and when I tried to call her, she does not have an address. So I might have to build up that relationship, move that 2nd sim into a regular residence, and then somehow convince her to move back in.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Also, do you have anything that can summon her, like Inge's teleporter or the SimBlender? You might also be able to get her back into a household with SimPE.

I'm really curious about who showed up to pledge her.

It is possible to make a house Greek by applying for a charter in-game. I wonder, if you did that with an existing household at Le Tour, whether she'd turn up.

I need to look into the teleporter and/or SimBlender as I do not have either. I did try to figure out where she is using SimPE, I found her in the sorority (just titled Sorority in SimPE>Family Information, see attached image). Perhaps looking at some of the data, someone might be able to figure out where they are?

The NPCs who pledged her are also in this family grouping, but the lot that is referenced is not at Le Tour or the other 2 universities.

I am wondering if I were to pledge another student to this this sorority, then move her to a regular residence, have her charter that as the sorority, and then see if my original missing sim and the NPCs show up to move in?

EDIT: After scaling down the first screenshot so it would allow me to attache, I realized it cut off some of the information. What is missing is: Lot Instance 0x000000B0 and Subhood 0x00000002
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nina333
I did this once before. There aren't any Greek Houses in Academie Le Tour. You will find her in one of the other university towns. Just look for the relevant Greek House and you'll find her. You can then always move her into the sim bin and then back into Academie Le Tour.

Yes, that was my first thought...that she must be on another campus. But I could not find her on any other campus. And if I am reading it correctly on SimPE, the sorority household is in Le Tour (by Subhood, but I might be wrong there).
Banned
#13 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 3:34 PM
Since there is no Greek House in Le Tour (unless you make one) and she shows as no address when trying to call, she apparently somehow became a non-playable/dormie. Weird. I thought if there were no greek houses the greek options wouldn't even show up on the phone, other than becoming a greek house.
Site Helper
#14 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 3:57 PM
Open each of your Universities in SimPE. Select Lot Description (LTXT) in the left pane and sort the right pane by Instance (click on the "Instance" title to sort). Look for a lot with instance of 0x000000B0. If you find one, that's the lot where you should find your sim.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Open each of your Universities in SimPE. Select Lot Description (LTXT) in the left pane and sort the right pane by Instance (click on the "Instance" title to sort). Look for a lot with instance of 0x000000B0. If you find one, that's the lot where you should find your sim.

Thank you for this Mootilda...I did find them! I really, really need to learn my SimPE better. And thanks to all of the helpers here with my issue