Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Frequent Burglars in 5 Flavors

by joninmobile Posted 30th Aug 2010 at 6:37 AM

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 7:58 AM
Yeah, since the photography sets demands a picture of one, it's strange they haven't made their appearances more frequent.

Thank you very much!

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 10:09 AM
thank you ! my sims always want to fight burglars and stuff, let's have some fun with these :D
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 10:09 AM
Is this mod compatible with More Money for Apprehending Burglars (2.5 + Higher including Ambitions)? Her Mod states: "This Mod is NOT compatible with any other mod that edits the Police_XML File." So...I am guessing your alters a different file? Or is it all included in the same file?
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 12:21 PM
Police_XML is different than mine. Mine is the Burglar_XML.
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 12:51 PM
What ???
In my game the thief come very ofte, once a week or so. There's a female thief named Twyla Summers and often she steals things that are outside, the car, the garden furniture, the windmill, etc. I do not know how to prevent it. Often she wins the wrestling if the police come as well. I do not have any mod at all that affects neither the police, the burglar or something else in my game. It happens so often so it's annoying.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lisen801
What ???
In my game the thief come very ofte, once a week or so. There's a female thief named Twyla Summers and often she steals things that are outside, the car, the garden furniture, the windmill, etc. I do not know how to prevent it. Often she wins the wrestling if the police come as well. I do not have any mod at all that affects neither the police, the burglar or something else in my game. It happens so often so it's annoying.

I wonder if you can place an alarm (or two or three) somewhere on the outside of your property, like a decorated wall, or a fence, or even the outside wall of your front and back door? Didn't this work with Sims 2?
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 3:08 PM
Default Yes, we CAN
Quote: Originally posted by SAGGG
I wonder if you can place an alarm (or two or three) somewhere on the outside of your property, like a decorated wall, or a fence, or even the outside wall of your front and back door? Didn't this work with Sims 2?

you can do this
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 5:14 PM
Hi! Awesome mod, I like surprizes like burglars in TS3) But my friend doesn't like em at all... Can You please make the mod, that will DECREASE the chance of coming buglar in the house? Till 0 %?)) Please... And. another question: can I use this mod, if I haven't an "Ambition" addon?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 6:21 PM
It's funny that you've never seen one. I've owned my game for one week today, and have seen 2 burglars, I only have two families I play with in game.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 8:43 PM
I am so glad you have made this mod I love to see the burgular but rarely see them in the game. Thanks again for making
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 8:43 PM
I have seen like 5 since i've gotten this game. And I have had it since it came out!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 9:07 PM
Looks good - I'm going to give this a try. I wouldn't mind seeing a 5% version though. Just a thought.
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 9:56 PM
Thx so much for making this ^_^.
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 10:38 PM
i really like this mod. thanks. and i hope you dont mind but i tuned it to 5 percent for my own game...well thank you for this mod(: im at the 5th generation of my family and i havent seen a burgular in that house yet.
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 1:04 AM
One time I made this sim, and without your mod, she got robbed on the first night. And all he took was her toilet. He took a frigging toilet. Then left. It was the funniest thing I ever saw a burglar do. xD Now I'm getting the 75% chance mod to see if he takes another toilet.

I use-

THE GIMP
SIMPE
and of course...
SIMS 2~
Banned
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tegira
Hi! Awesome mod, I like surprizes like burglars in TS3) But my friend doesn't like em at all... Can You please make the mod, that will DECREASE the chance of coming buglar in the house? Till 0 %?)) Please... And. another question: can I use this mod, if I haven't an "Ambition" addon?

Somebody already made a mod for no chance of burglar. It's here on mts.
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 6:08 AM
Great! Only seen a burglar once... was disappointed to never see one again!

Eh... so the two Burglar mods listed on the related pages are compatible with yours I assume? Obviously not all three, but this one and one of the others?

Cheers.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 4:03 PM Last edited by RagnarokJ : 31st Aug 2010 at 10:02 PM.
It's not working for me. I even took out every other mod i had and still nothing. Also, when you use the lets say 75% mod, is it like 75% of the time the burglar will come every few hours after sleep, so if he doesn't show up the first few, there's a 75% chance he'll show up again in the next few?

edit: i tried both 100% and 75% several times and got nothing, it's like i never downloaded them.
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 3:30 PM
couldn't you just spawn a burglar?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 10:09 PM Last edited by RagnarokJ : 3rd Sep 2010 at 6:47 PM.
I don't see why i shouldn't use this mod for that. It also would be nice if the creator of this mod would give some advice for me finally since he was kind enough to do it for the other ppl.
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 5:52 AM
I like this! Though I do have to say, burglars come to me ALL the time in the Sims 3 X.X I don't know what's wrong with me, lol. I don't have any mods for it or anything.

But I like it, even more often would be awesome, lol!
Instructor
#23 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 2:19 AM
Thank you I hate buying burglar alarms for my sims then never needing it.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 1:37 PM
I've had this game for about 7-8 months now and among all my families I've seen maybe 3 burglars. I like to see what random stuff the burglars decide to take but they never show. Not to mention I have a brave sim who would just LOVE to take a burglar down herself =p Thanks for this, I'm gonna try this out.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 8:26 PM
Hi! PLEASE update for Fast lane stuff - I cant live without this mod. lol
Page 1 of 3