Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 6:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Getting Clothers for YA's Early
Is there any way to purchase clothes for young adults before they go to a university so they don't wind up with the hideous EAxis clothes (and so they don't have to go buy them while there?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 11:25 PM
I think YA's share the same clothes as adults, they just change outfits. Unfortunately you can't plan an adult outfit for a teen. You could download Numenor's Hacked Coat hooks and place them in their dorms/houses so you can easily change their outfits for free. Also you could use the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true cheat and then shift + click the sim and click on Plan Outfit.

"If I had a dollar for every brain you don't have, I'd have one dollar." -Squidward Q. Tentacles
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 1:59 PM
They don't always share adult clothes, but you can enable adult clothing for YA's with Wardrobe Wrangler. And there are many, many hacks that will allow you to buy clothing from home so that you don't have to send them out to buy them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 2:04 PM
You can't stop them transforming into funny clothes, it's an age change transition just like all the ones before. I rather like seeing what hideous outfits and sometimes hair they get. I never buy clothes; just use the hacked coat rack to quickly grab a couple of pieces. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=225251 You can get recolours for it now as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 6:24 PM
Another option is Pescado's Clothing Tool. When present on a lot, it opens the clothing catalog automatically whenever a sim ages. It's a little intrusive, if you're inclined to take pics of the transition, but if you're paying attention, you can pause and get some shots in before the catalog opens. Or, you can pause and get shots after you've chosen all their clothes.

The Clothing Tool comes in two parts. clothingtool is in the regular set of Pescado's hacks, but for full functionality, you'll also need clothingtoolglobals, which is only in the Director's Cut.