Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#51 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 12:22 PM
Thanks for testing theapoo. It's weird that it caused you problems. Uhm. Well, to be honest I wasn't too
optimistic since this is not a part of the code I'm familiar with, I guess I have to do more research.

Thanks nikel32 (please don't use the "mention"). Yeah yeah, I had already read your diagnosis (you nailed it).
I'm not sure if the ">=" operator would work, because the party outcomes are enum entries, not exactly numbers.
Anyway, the custom feedback function doesn't use IsGreatParty method but directly checks the party outcome variable.
Replacing that function apparently is not enough (or I did it wrong), but I believe I'm on the right track.

Anyway, I don't want to bore you with technicalities. I'll try again.

And now, since the fix didn't work, let's sing a song for consolation,
Listen to the video but read the custom lyrics (I've modded the song's STBL, hahahah... haha... ha. No? Ok).

In my defence, what is there to say?
All the mistakes I made must be faced today
It's not easy now knowing that I failed
While the party we throw doesn't fulfill the dream

I'm just a modder with a mod
How can I try to right the wrong?
For just a modder with a bugfix
I'm caught in between with a glitched dream

In my defence, what is there to say?
I destroyed your hope, it's my way
I didn't test it enough, didn't check if worked
And like a crappy SP, file is installed and then is gone

I'm just a modder with a mod
How can I try to fix this bug
For just a modder with a patch
I'm caught in between with a glitched dream
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
Thanks nikel32 (please don't use the "mention"). Yeah yeah, I had already read your diagnosis (you nailed it).
I'm not sure if the ">=" operator would work, because the party outcomes are enum entries, not exactly numbers.
Anyway, the custom feedback function doesn't use IsGreatParty method but directly checks the party outcome variable.
Replacing that function apparently is not enough (or I did it wrong), but I believe I'm on the right track.

Sorry. I was just making sure I got your attention to my post. Also, I didn't notice you used a different method instead of IsGreatParty... A relational operator should work on enumerators, but even then, I can't tell what was wrong with your mod...

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 5:28 PM
I don't know what you all are talking about. Relational operators? Enumerators? I'm dumbfounded

No, I don't know what happened either...but it's okay, Arsil. If it weren't for people like you guys, trying to fix EA's problems, I wouldn't even be playing this game.
Inventor
#54 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 5:42 PM
Actually I'm no so sure that is not working. I've added a few debug messages and I'm getting
promising results, the feedback function is correctly replaced for example, but testing it is so
boring and requires a lot of time (to get the dream and to get a good party outcome).
Oh, I'm a moron! I'm going to save the game when I get the dream ^^

I've just fulfilled the promise with the Amazing Party outcome (it was a House Party), can someone
test it again? I've re-uploaded the file to make sure it is the same version I'm using (I've removed
the debug messages I was talking about earlier).

EDIT: theapoo, is your game patched to 1.67? Do you have UL installed?
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
Actually I'm no so sure that is not working. I've added a few debug messages and I'm getting
promising results, the feedback function is correctly replaced for example, but testing it is so
boring and requires a lot of time (to get the dream and to get a good party outcome).
Oh, I'm a moron! I'm going to save the game when I get the dream ^^

I've just fulfilled the promise with the Amazing Party outcome, can someone test it again?
I've re-uploaded the file to make sure it is the same version I'm using (I've removed the
debug messages I was talking about earlier).

EDIT: theapoo, is your game patched to 1.67?

Well, in the game launcher it says that my version is 1.67.2.024001. Could that be wrong? Should I try the Super Patcher?

I have a lot of mods, including Awesomemod. I just looked in my mods folder and I have a mod called BDay Party Guests. I don't even remember what that's about. I'll take that out, install your mod on a higher priority than Awesome just in case, and try again.
Inventor
#56 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 6:30 PM
I have AwesomeMod too. This fix can't conflict with anything.
Please re-download and try again, when you can and if you want ^^
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 7:06 PM
Is it possible for the patch version in the launcher to be wrong? Would the Super Patcher fix anything?

I do have some small issues that other people don't seem to have--issues that seem to come up if I exit the game and reopen it. For example, leftovers. Leftovers keep fine in the fridge unless I save, quit, and reload the game. The next time I load the game, any leftovers in the fridge will be spoiled.

And prom. If I keep playing without quitting after prom is called, then two hours before prom starts, I will get a warning to get ready. My Sim's prom date comes over shortly thereafter in their formal wear. Then the couple gets in the limo and they go to prom together. But if I save, quit, and reload the game before the prom day, then I will not get the notification to get ready, and the prom date will not come over at all.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 8:39 PM
Well, guess what? It worked! Hallelujah thank ya yeezus!!

It came back to me...I think I had in place a tuning mod that I had made years ago for birthday parties. I was annoyed that birthday parties never turned out so well because everyone zergswarmed the cake and started freaking out when they couldn't get a piece in 5 minutes. I forgot I had that mod in there and it must have been conflicting with your mod. I took it out, deleted the cache files, and now your mod works perfectly.
Inventor
#59 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 9:42 PM Last edited by Arsil : 13th Mar 2015 at 9:49 AM.
Updated again the attachment in Post#47 to also fix HaveAGreatBirthdayParty and ThrowAGreatSlumberParty (Generations).

There's still the mystery about the equivalent Challenge or DynamicChallenge events feedback functions.

EDIT: Found those rascals. They are related to Seasons EP's Parties ChallengeSets. Working on it.
EDIT2: Nope. They are not. It seems like they are not used apparently...
Page 3 of 3