Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 4:06 AM
Default Mod for expansion pack lot placement choice
I was wondering if there was a mod that would give the player a choice of whether or not to place the special expansion pack specific lots, and also a choice of where to place them. It's rather frustrating because the way the game places these expansion pack lots is rather stupid at times, especially with the firehouse in Sunset Valley. I'd like to be able to choose from the getgo where to place them so I won't have to deal with backwards-facing firehouses or having to replace the large equestrian center with the movie studio.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 4:26 AM
I use bluegenjutsu's NoAutoPlacingCommunityLots. It does not give options for choosing where to place them, but it does shut down EA's scripted placing. Note that this also turns off placement of the Appaloosa Plains versions of the Ambitions lots (the Appaloosa Plains consignment store, firehouse, and salon).

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 4:28 AM
Nice! Thank you for the help - is there a link to that here or anywhere else? I might just try googling it. This mod would be an immense help because dammit, it's so frustrating having to correct EAxis' mistakes. Mind you, they made a great game, but in some respects they are so sloppy.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 4:55 AM
bluegenjutsu's mods are available at sims asylum.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 7:08 AM
No Auto Placement of Community Lots in EA Worlds (requires at least one of these EPs: Ambitions, Showtime, Supernatural or Seasons) by bluegenjutsu is hosted on TFM's Naughty Sim's Asylum.

Here's the link to blue's mod page, just look for the one I mentioned above. It's a 'must have' if EA's placement drives you bonkers, and with this mod in place, the initial game loading time will be faster. You must register on the site to view the linked page if you're not already a registered member (it's free).

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...47-mods-sims-3/
Instructor
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 7:20 AM
@nitromon, For some reason or another EA is showing you their Sunday manners. With me, and without blue's mod, they just barge in and plop them down anywhere they darned well please. Too often the lots are turned around sideways or backwards. Do you get asked in EA worlds? And they never place a single one without your permission?

Hmmmm, could it be that you outrank them Instructor?
Alchemist
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. When I start a new world, it always asks me "There are new lots available, would you like to place them now?"

That's odd. That only happens if I play an existing game after installing a new EP. Normally when starting a new world, the lots will be plopped on their own.

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 9:20 AM
I've tried creating an account on SimAsylum, but it's not sending me a confirmation email like it stated that it would. This is really odd. Are there any other places where I can get the no autoplacing community lots mod?
Instructor
#11 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 9:44 AM
I haven't seen bluegenjutsu's mods anywhere but the Asylum. Maybe something glitched with the request, it is unusual that you haven't received confirmation. Not in your spam folder either?

I just found this on TFM's Asylum "Contacting" page:

2.If you have a problem with registering or logging in, please email me at [email protected]
3.If you are a Verizon.net customer and have a problem registering or logging in, please email me at [email protected]
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 10:55 AM
Thanks! I'll try that!

Edit: I tried that email address, and it got sent back with "Delivery status notification (failure) " are there any other addresses that I can use to contact the admin? And does anyone else here have that mod?
Instructor
#13 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 11:16 AM
I just posted a message on the site, it seems there has been an on-again, off-again problem with some email notifications not being received for subscribed threads. Maybe the issue is somehow related.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 1:37 PM
I wonder if it depends on what worlds you use? When I played Monte Vista, they were already placed, but in Roaring Heights, I got the pop-up if I wanted to place the lots now.
Instructor
#15 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 4:39 PM
@JDacapo - The ISZ (aka theisz) from the Sims Asylum should be getting in contact with you here on MTS (to help you).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 5:19 PM
Thank you. I did use a somewhat naughty name to register - "DollyNipples", and believe it or not, I got the idea to use that name from something I said when I was maybe three or four years old. My parents were embarrassed, but my conservative grandma thought it was funny.
Instructor
#17 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 5:29 PM
You're welcome. What a great name! XD If I went back to that time period, I would have to pick f*ck-f*ck because that's how I pronounced truck. Honestly, I have elder relatives that still tell me to say 'truck' (like I haven't yet learned how to pronounce it correctly). Family, got to love them (or not).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 5:58 PM
Thanks! My mum used to tell me that story and embarrass the hell outta me. Then she discovered I was using the name as an email for my paypal on ebay. That turned the tables. Still haven't told her about my youtube account where I post my electronic compositions. Ever go to Chuck E. Cheese's? I used to go there occasionally with my family back when they still had all those animatronic characters, and one of them, my favourite, was Dolly Dimples, a rather busty hippo that sang the blues.
Instructor
#19 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 7:20 PM
Hahaha! Dolly Dimples grows up and becomes DollyNipples. I remember Chuck E Cheese, we used to take my son there when he was young(er). And I remember the characters, but I should have paid more attention to the bustiness. Mums are so darned forgiving, as are we when they tell those stories about our younger days.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 7:56 PM
Yup! Just watch out for the bear that plays the Toreador March. And his yellow evil(er) twin XD

But anyways, even though I wasn't able to confirm my account just yet, I was apparently able to download the mod. I'll see if it works.
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 3:15 AM Last edited by theisz : 22nd Feb 2015 at 3:30 AM.
Hi JDacapo! I have sent you a PM.

I have manually approved your account. Let me know if you have any further issues.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by theisz
Hi JDacapo! I have sent you a PM.

I have manually approved your account. Let me know if you have any further issues.

Thank you so much! I might check out the other downloads as well. It's awesome to have more freedom on customizing pre-made worlds.