Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 3:17 AM
Default Help with installing sims 2 custom content on windows 10
Hey guys. It really has been awhile since I've submitted some custom content and I do plan on doing that soon. Right now, I'm having some pros and cons. I just recently updated to windows 10 and I had to figure out how to install the sims 2. Now that I've installed the sims 2, I'm trying to figure out how to download custom content within the game. Is there anyone that know about installing custom content through windows 10?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 4:17 AM
Don't you just drop it into \Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\? IIRC, though, you might need to unblock/take ownership of the folder if that doesn't work, though someone else would know more about this.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 5:46 AM
It should be the same as always, unzip the package files and extract them to the correct path - through my documents, to the downloads folder. If I remember correctly a brand new install might not have a downloads folder? If you go into my documents/ea games/the sims 2 (or the equivalent on your machine) And don't see a downloads folder there you may have to make one. Can't recall for sure if that's the case but it would make sense to me? It's been a looooooooooooong time since I started a clean game.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 5:52 AM
If it's been a while since you last played TS2, you may want to check out this topic on how to make CC show up: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ame_Help:GCCTSU

Possibly also this one: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Fracking_Idiots

And the rest of the help topics: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...:Custom_Content

When installing CC it doesn't matter much which Windows version you have, as long as you find the right folder. The newer Windows versions (Vista or 7, and later) will sometimes create an extra, empty EAgames folder, but you should use the one with files in it. The newer Windows versions can have some hiccups at first, but once you sort those out, installing CC works pretty much the same way as always.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kayleigh83
It should be the same as always, unzip the package files and extract them to the correct path - through my documents, to the downloads folder. If I remember correctly a brand new install might not have a downloads folder? If you go into my documents/ea games/the sims 2 (or the equivalent on your machine) And don't see a downloads folder there you may have to make one. Can't recall for sure if that's the case but it would make sense to me? It's been a looooooooooooong time since I started a clean game.

Yes. I did make a downloads folder. I just haven't tested to see if the downloads folder is working yet.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 7:13 AM
That's weird. Sorry I don't know how to help, but I have Windows 10 and it works fine for me, the custom content.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 7:17 AM
I think too that when you first go in, you have to enable custom content and then you may have to quit and reload.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 8:10 AM
It will work as normal
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 2:22 PM
I am pretty sure the problem is solved now but I still wanted to add that I have over 1000 downloads and I am playing sims 2 on win10 and everything works perfect