Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#101 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 3:32 PM
Well the toddler hygiene never goes down right after they dress them up after a bath, so they can’t possibly put the dirty diaper back on.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#102 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 4:23 PM
Don't forget about baby sign language! They're not talking per se but can still communicate what they need/want.
Mad Poster
#103 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 4:37 PM
Then the animation should take the blame.
Mad Poster
#104 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 4:41 PM
Or the speech bubble...the animation is only a toddler holding arms at older sims..like *pick me up!*

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#105 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
It should have been obvious that townies becoming playable would want to keep their memories, especially the memories of meeting and falling in love with their significant other. I may just be an incurable romantic, but I would think these would be some of the most important and cherished memories of their whole lives. Similarly children taken into care and adopted, would normally have some memories of their earlier family lives. Only those adopted as babies, and, perhaps, toddlers, might be expected to forget completely. Myself I have quite a few pre-school memories. My earliest memory is of being sick in my pram. By the colour of it I think I must have ben eating tomato soup.

For some townies and memories, I'd completely agree, but for others I know they'd have too many memories I don't want them to have. I'm thinking of the townies that were dated just once to fill a want for 50 first dates, or who had brief flings to fill wants to woohoo X sims, especially in long running 'hoods. I don't think I'd want to move in a sim in the third generation of a 'hood to find they had a memory of falling in love with their new spouse's grandfather buried back under a pile of dream date memories with others in town. I prefer to pretend that the different generations are encountering different townies that just happen to have the same names (maybe descendants) as the townies met by the founding generation.

That said, I'd also like for townies to keep the memories associated with the immediate family they are moving in with. Perhaps a simple way to remove unwanted memories that didn't require outside tools like SimPE or mods should have been included in the game. That way, townies could keep the memories we want them to have, and we could even easily clean up the memory clutter that playable sims accumulate.
Mad Poster
#106 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
My earliest memory is of being sick in my pram. By the colour of it I think I must have ben eating tomato soup.

Possibly spaghetti hoops! My mother used to feed me these as a baby, it's how she discovered I was allergic to cheese. Heinz spaghetti hoops have cheese in the sauce. Having had a baby now myself, these are definitely not a food I would consider suitable for an infant! But in the 80s (and I think you're older than me, so earlier too) they were considered quite the convenient nursery food because they are palatable to young children - being full of sugar and salt - and very soft. I remember my sister being fed runny egg as well which is also a no-no these days.

I find that when you bathe a toddler who has a dirty diaper, they do lose the stink waves and their hygiene goes up but you still have the option to change them if you click on them or the changing table, which I agree, is gross!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#107 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 10:56 PM
Ah yes, kid food of the 70s. My sister and I use to eat spaghetti o's for lunch and make them into "sandwiches" by putting them on white bread - the kind where you could take a slice and squish it into a little ball. Yum!

Rebecah at Affinity Sims has spaghetti o's as one of her toddler foods. Which makes me remember I wished the game had come with more variety of food for the tots, like maybe when someone is serving food there would be a toddler sized portion given to a toddler in a highchair, rather than it turning into mush.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Scholar
#108 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
Well the toddler hygiene never goes down right after they dress them up after a bath, so they can’t possibly put the dirty diaper back on.

That's part of what makes it so illogical. Just changing the diaper fixes total hygiene, but if you bathe them they come out squeaky clean and then the next time you click on the change table (even if it's right away), the 'change diaper' option comes up - so they must still be wearing the dirty diaper, because you don't get that option otherwise!

The baby sign language thing...I wouldn't mind if only Sims with Parenting skill or a high relationship with the child got the message, but if they can't tell from the stink and/or screaming that the kid needs a clean diaper, I don't think they'd figure out what it was asking for either. Likewise with the bottle: a good parent would recognize hunger right away but a less attentive parent or another teen/adult/elder might guess right some of the time but not every time. There should be some kind of percentage based on relationship points and presence/absence of Parenting skill, rather than the kid automatically being able to make itself understood to everyone.
Mad Poster
#109 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 3:16 AM
I think that the asking for food/diaper can be conveyed through sign language. After all, pets don't need to learn to talk before they can ask for their food dish filled. XD

But ... if it does bother you, this mod doesn't let them ask at all until they've learned to talk. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3335
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#110 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rielynn71
Ah yes, kid food of the 70s. My sister and I use to eat spaghetti o's for lunch and make them into "sandwiches" by putting them on white bread - the kind where you could take a slice and squish it into a little ball. Yum!

Rebecah at Affinity Sims has spaghetti o's as one of her toddler foods. Which makes me remember I wished the game had come with more variety of food for the tots, like maybe when someone is serving food there would be a toddler sized portion given to a toddler in a highchair, rather than it turning into mush.

@rielynn71 there is a fruit default here. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=281068 Mine have been eating fruit instead of mush for years. Well at least when it's just the toddler being fed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#111 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@rielynn71 there is a fruit default here. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=281068 Mine have been eating fruit instead of mush for years. Well at least when it's just the toddler being fed.

Although, I discovered that it shares its texture with the preparatory stage of the layer cake, so you have to be okay with your cake looking like fruit in the bowl. XD
Mad Poster
#112 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 2:39 PM
Kinda weird they didn't hid toddlers motives/needs, because... welp.... Especally for those that haven't learned talking.
Field Researcher
#113 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 1:24 AM
[QUOTE=RoxEllen1965]With testing cheats turned on, just shift + click on the fridge.

Wow! I never knew that. Yeehaa etc. Thanx!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#114 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Although, I discovered that it shares its texture with the preparatory stage of the layer cake, so you have to be okay with your cake looking like fruit in the bowl. XD

Shows how unobservant I am since I never noticed. Will have to get a sim to cook one and look.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#115 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Shows how unobservant I am since I never noticed. Will have to get a sim to cook one and look.

They're feeding those toddlers pure sugar (if you don't have a replacement).
Forum Resident
#116 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
Well to me letting sims sleep for longer when their energy bar is full would feel like a waste of time (and it’s not very interesting to stare at them sleeping anyway), so I always try to follow their bars (which might be a bit tricky if there are many sims in the household) and cancel the interaction once they’re full. Time doesn’t matter, if their energy is full, it’s time to get up and do something useful I myself also sleep at weird times, it has happen that I went to sleep at 11:00 (AM) and got up at 20:00 or something. If you pick any time it almost surely has happen that I went to sleep and/or got up at that time.

Can't you queue an action for them to do after you queue them to sleep? They'll wake up once their sleep motive is 100, even if it's 4 am.
Scholar
#117 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 1:20 PM
That would be best but I either forget it works like that or don’t know what to queue for them until they get up

Simblr
Forum Resident
#118 Old 1st May 2017 at 5:42 AM
The toilet? That should've been obvious.
Mad Poster
#119 Old 1st May 2017 at 8:46 AM
A longer timeout for waiting for an object to become not in-use before throwing a tantrum and dropping the action from the queue. It's particularly frustrating when telling several Sims to get leftovers from the fridge.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#120 Old 1st May 2017 at 4:57 PM
That's why I leftover group meals. So only one person needs to take it out of the fridge.
Mad Poster
#121 Old 2nd May 2017 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Toddlers who have not yet learned to talk should not be able to ask for specific things like diaper changes and food. Attention, yes, but nothing that needs specific vocabulary. But when dressing a baby or toddler after a bath, or changing a toddler's clothes, Sims should automatically change a dirty diaper, too. I mean, seriously, who bathes their kid and puts a dirty diaper back on?

lol. I just whined about this exact thing in the hacks I would like to see thread.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#122 Old 2nd May 2017 at 7:12 PM
Swimming pools on anything other than the ground floor without weird hacks like constrainfloorelevation. I'd like to put pools on the roof of some of the apartments.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#123 Old 2nd May 2017 at 9:15 PM
Sims should get a memory from being smacked by Mrs. CrumpleBottom's purse. So annoying that they remember every tour they go on on vacation, yet for some reason don't remember the purse.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#124 Old 18th May 2017 at 11:55 PM
The option for all lot dimensions, but maybe especially a 4x2 one... having a 2x4 without a corresponding 4x2 just seems absurd, and leaves annoying gaps over so many of my neighborhoods, or else makes me put two 2x2 lots right next to each other for no good reason...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#125 Old 19th May 2017 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
two 2x2 lots right next to each other

It must be annoying to see an ugly blurred imposter so close to your active lot But I agree with you; it’s good that Lot Adjuster exists though

When I joined the garden club I was expecting that the whole household will be regarded as members, but it’s actually only the sim who called the club, which doesn’t make much sense. Now I have two wishing wells because my sim’s wife had to join the club separately.

Simblr
Page 5 of 5