Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 10:54 PM
Default sims 2 doesn't work anymore
i don't know how or why but the sims doesn't work anymore, it's probably because of the cc (costum content) it couldn't be from something else because i only downloaded the hair (and the skintones) i also downloaded a hack months ago but i know how to delete a hack safely so it isn't because of the hack, i even downloaded the sims2Pack Clean installer, just incase if something is going wrong,
but now the sims doesn't start up, not even with a launcher. what should i do, delete all of the CC's or not? please help me (i only downloaded the CC because i wanted the sims to look good)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 10:58 PM
Go to your The Sims 2 folder in documents and remove the cache files (the loose files that aren’t in any of the folders).

And next time it’d be better to create a thread in the help subforum

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 12:12 AM
Documents> EA Games>The Sims 2. delete the lose files at the end. Accessory.cache, Groups.cache. if you have loaded Body Shop also delete Cigen.package and accessory.cache. You need to do this constantly once you have CC, probably every 3rd to fifth loading. Most of us delete them every time.

If that does not work please post in Help, not in chat. There is also a 'silly question' thread here in chat for simple short questions.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 2:12 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Apr 2017 at 9:56 PM.
The 4th file Bodyshop generates is named "contentregistry". All 4 cache files can be safely deleted, and they'll regenerate whenever the game insists they're needed.

Just so you're aware - when you delete the files, the game will load a little slower.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 3:50 PM
thank you guys now the game is working again after i needed your guys help it's really helpful i delete all cache safely (i keep that in mind just incase the sims 2 won't work again :D)