Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 7:42 PM
Default Things That Should Have Been Obvious
There are lots of things that have been fixed through complex cheats or the addition of CC, but if we're being honest, there are many cases where you just have to wonder why EAxis didn't include this object or option in the first place!

This can be actual "things" in the game, like for instance, the lack of any chain-link fencing, or build options, like the ability to have the side of a staircase match the wallpaper of the room in which it's built.

What things strike you as things that should have been incredibly obvious to include, but apparently weren't obvious to the EAxis staff?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 7:54 PM
Pet dish for water. Pets can drink water from rain puddles..so why not clean water inside?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#3 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 7:54 PM
Clothes recolours are shown as completely separate clothes in CAS and Bodyshop, while they should be shown, well, as recolours, like objects in build/buy mode. It really is annoying that the catalogue is completely clogged up because of that and I need billion years to find a particular outfit.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 8:58 PM
A panel with the other game controls that included checkboxes for activating and deactivating some of the common boolean "cheats", especially the build mode ones. I didn't know about things like moveobjects or allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation for the longest time, and having such a panel would have both made me aware of more build possibilities sooner and made switching between true and false easier. I use aliases now, but I used to make a lot of typos with constrainfloorelevation, and even now I forget if I have moveobjects set to true or false as I'm building - I toggle it frequently.
Link Ninja
#5 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 9:13 PM
Ability to have separates on other clothing options as well beside with every day. Like pajamas could have different tops and bottoms, swim suits, underwear, and even outerwear could have been made as separates to just plop on a coat to the existing everyday outfit if needed.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Theorist
#6 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 9:17 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 15th Apr 2017 at 9:39 PM.
- Restore things to their previous status that they'd broke when putting out a new EP. The one things that really jumps out at me as it bugs me to no end is that once upon a time you used to be able to put in a modular stair case next to a wall. I hate needin to delete the surroundin walls when I'm building as I tend to change up designs to see if somethin else works better.

- Hats! They should have been an accessory and not part of the hair.

- Things categorized properly, both in build and buy mode.

- When they introduced spiral stairs, why did they only give us a left sided one and no right? (or was it they gave a right and no left? .. lol I'm not in game, just know that is another irritant of mine.)

- Outerwear should of been accessorized or made to layer instead of them changin clothes.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 9:19 PM
A way to generate all the recolour thumbnails without clicking through them.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 9:22 PM
More stairs and 'normal' recolours, where you don't have to recolour every step separately, for the modular stairs. I built a modern house without CC for the first time in forever (for the Community Spirit contest) and the stair choices are awful. Either the style fit the house, but the colour didn't. Or the other way around. >_>

@CaliBrat You can just use MoveObjects to place the modular stairs along walls.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Pet dish for water. Pets can drink water from rain puddles..so why not clean water inside?

That's a mod in the making.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 9:38 PM
SHOES. Shoes separate from clothes. Or barefeet.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

Yeah..for me as well. lol But ya know..it should have been obviously..there.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 9:55 PM
Cats should be able to sit on laps (and feet when they sim is sitting down) and share the bed with sims. When a sim is sick, the cat should be able to lie on her chest and purr her better.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 10:33 PM
Curved driveways and neighborhood roads. Why are the driveways the way they are? Cars have axles and ability to turn, yes? Or are cars in SimLand only able to turn 90 degrees right?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Alchemist
#14 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 10:37 PM
Toddlers and babies should also be able to sit on laps.
Deco roof cornices should have worked like fences (and they should have modified fences so that they could be placed in between floors)
Tall picket fences and brick stairs (for patios) are missing.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 10:44 PM
Sortable house lots in the bin-by size or price.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 11:15 PM
Adding on above post;

Ability to sort catalog by EP/SP/CC only
Ability to sort catalog by price and object/item name
Ability to tag and search for items
Ability to toggle display for polygon/vertices information in catalog
Ability to toggle display for CC that shows its path location in downloads folder
Ability to disable in-game delete button

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 11:29 PM
Matching colours and styles! Why give an option for a particular table or wall if there's no matching chair or floor? Drives me nuts when building without cc.
Instructor
#18 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
- When they introduced spiral stairs, why did they only give us a left sided one and no right?

And baths, and corner showers, and ...

Oh yes, and why can't cars reverse onto the drive (given the L shape of the driveway 80% plus of my houses have them to the left of the front door which means the driver always has to walk around the car ... grrrrr!!!!)

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Mad Poster
#19 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Sortable house lots in the bin-by size or price.

Or by category. Sometimes I only want to look at residential lots. Sometimes I only want to see community lots.
Theorist
#20 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Or by category. Sometimes I only want to look at residential lots. Sometimes I only want to see community lots.

That was another thing they 'broke' when they introduced BV and 'specialty lots' ... uggh. A hotel is still a community lot is it not? Or why not just make it a 3rd spot ... *grumbles 'bout how stooopid EA is sometimes*
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
That some players might want to make a non-traditional family setup (elder parents, teens who live alone) in CAS. It's unreal how they made such a big oversight.

Also that, although teens can live alone, they can't move out of the family home to live alone or live with relatives or friends.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

It's been done. I had a WCIF for it ages ago, but I cannot find it.
Inventor
#23 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Cats should be able to sit on laps (and feet when they sim is sitting down) and share the bed with sims. When a sim is sick, the cat should be able to lie on her chest and purr her better.

1.) In response to Peni's comment, how about whenever a cat is hungry or needs attention while a Sim is asleep, they can sleep on their faces until the Sim gets the message to wake up?
2.) How about dogs cuddling with Sims in beds or couches?
3.) The ability for Sims to sleep on the side of a double bed that's against a wall. It may be difficult to climb over somebody to go to the bathroom at night but definitely not impossible.
4.) 'Lick' interaction for both cats and dogs. Aside from adult cats being able to nuzzle kittens, why the heck was this not implemented?
Scholar
#24 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 6:44 AM
Basements as an option without a stupid work-around.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
4.) 'Lick' interaction for both cats and dogs. Aside from adult cats being able to nuzzle kittens, why the heck was this not implemented?

Dogs can lick toddlers. I wonder if that could be altered to lick others.
Page 1 of 5