Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2016 at 3:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is it possible to package families that have been played?
I know you can package lots either with or without the family though I believe I have read you should never package a family with a lot. I remember long ago, when I first made residential subhoods, I moved certain families out of their houses to the Family Bin, then moved the houses to the lot bin before moving installing the lots and their families in the subhoods. I think I have read recently that lots that have been played may cause problems for others if the lots are shared. So I'm not wanting to share these families. I am wanting to move them from a corrupted neighborhood to a new one. Is this possible?

Another question: Is it safe to delete character files? In my new hood I have wound up with a bunch of strays and townies. I have used SimPE to identify all of the files. I would love to delete those characters that I don't want in my hood. Is it safe?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th May 2016 at 3:56 AM
That is correct, never move a family in a lot only use the sim bin. You will need to clean your lot of sim references. I find the easiest way is make a new hood and place the house down so it's the only house there. Upload the lot to file then open the file in simpe. Everything that says Sim. Go back in, make one small change and save. Then move your clean house back to the house bin.

No never ever delete sims. There is a way with the bat box but I don't know how safe that is. Delete all characters will instantly cause wide spread corruption.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
#3 Old 26th May 2016 at 4:01 AM
Deleting characters is NEVER safe. Sorry.

Moving sims from one neighborhood to another is tricky. The safest way to do it is to copy all the relevant information for each sim, and then use SimPE to extract the sims. (http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...act_In-Game_Sim tells how to do that.) Go into Bodyshop and clone the sim that you got from SimPE (to remove extra data that the SimPE clone brings with it), then delete the one that came from SimPE. Now you've got nice, clean Bodyshop sims.
Go into your game, and use CAS to remake them. You can use cheats to give them skills, relationships, etc.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Moving_Sims is the link if you really want to move those sims rather than rebuilding them. (And it's called the Hard Way for a reason....)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th May 2016 at 4:24 AM
I didn't see you want to move the family to a new hood. No you can't do that. As Ghost said you have to extract them with sim and then clean them by cloning in Body Shop.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2016 at 5:29 AM
These new copies will not be trailing bits of code referencing sims in the other neighborhood, but not in this one, which is what constitutes corruption in this program. They will have new lifetime wants and their relationships with each other will be at the relatively low positives that families made in CAS always are, and they will all be on the first day of their life stages, because as far as the program is concerned, they're a brand new family.

Editing tools like SimPE, the batbox, and certain programming features, mostly accessed through "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true," will help you rebuild the family along its own lines. You can adjust ages, relationships, and lifetime wants.

They may not act like your old sims, either, at first, no matter how carefully you copy over their data; but the more you direct them to behave like your old sims, the more they'll start acting like them on their own.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)