Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#176 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
are headmasters safe to use or to be made playable?
A problem I encountered when I moved in one of the game's headmasters was that I could no longer use the Call Headmaster option when I wanted to send one of my kids to private school. Just a warning...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LeBaiton
A problem I encountered when I moved in one of the game's headmasters was that I could no longer use the Call Headmaster option when I wanted to send one of my kids to private school. Just a warning...

Oh no! Its too late for me i guess. *frowns*
Test Subject
#178 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 8:43 PM
Heh, thank you so much for this information! It has definitely helped many others, as well as myself.

~ Traveler
Field Researcher
#179 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 11:33 PM
One issue I noticed recently is that if you ask an NPC to move in the game clears the NPC code. This kills some (though not all) of the weird behavior. The problem is when a sim asks to *marry* an NPC the game apparently does not clear the code so it gets confused as to whether the new spouse is still an NPC or not. SimBlender clears the code if you add an NPC to a playable family but I'd be willing to bet Insimenator does not. These kinds of inconsistencies may be why some people have problems with certain types of NPCs and others don't.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Field Researcher
#180 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 1:37 AM
Does anyone know the purpose of Spectral Cat/ Good witch cat and witch doctor yet? Or maybe EA just put them there to put them there.

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Mad Poster
#181 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
One issue I noticed recently is that if you ask an NPC to move in the game clears the NPC code. This kills some (though not all) of the weird behavior. The problem is when a sim asks to *marry* an NPC the game apparently does not clear the code so it gets confused as to whether the new spouse is still an NPC or not.

Huh. Interesting. Useful info for those who'd rather not see those hard-coded behaviors in their former NPCs. (Personally, I still want to marry in a streaker someday and see for myself if they really do continue to run around nekkid. )

Quote: Originally posted by StarlightBeauty
Does anyone know the purpose of Spectral Cat/ Good witch cat and witch doctor yet? Or maybe EA just put them there to put them there.

The Witch Doctor is for getting the Voodoo Doll. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Voodoo_doll (Scroll down a bit for the Sims 2 section.)

Witch familiar cats don't really have a purpose beyond being special pets available only to witches. They could have done more with that concept, I think.
Mad Poster
#182 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 9:53 PM
One issue I noticed recently is that if you ask an NPC to move in the game clears the NPC code. This kills some (though not all) of the weird behavior. The problem is when a sim asks to *marry* an NPC the game apparently does not clear the code so it gets confused as to whether the new spouse is still an NPC or not. SimBlender clears the code if you add an NPC to a playable family but I'd be willing to bet Insimenator does not. These kinds of inconsistencies may be why some people have problems with certain types of NPCs and others don't.

So basically, if you marry a head witch, she'd still be able to sell her wares even while playable? Or will bad things start happening? Also, where is the option to clear the NPC code? I'm wondering, because in my uber-megahood, Ajay Loner is engaged to the current high witch. I want her to have the 'married rich sim' memory because I think it's kinda cute. That memory is nice to have especially if the NPC is a Romance sim(thankfully, the current head witch has a Family aspiration).
Field Researcher
#183 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
So basically, if you marry a head witch, she'd still be able to sell her wares even while playable? Or will bad things start happening?

Maybe. It depends on how the game checks. Some things, like the grand vampires biting people, is hard coded onto the sim and there's nothing you can do about it. Other actions look at NPC code, still others look at family number and so on.

Also, where is the option to clear the NPC code?

You can clear it in SimPE. I plan to add a command to my debugger to allow it to be cleared from within the game, but that's likely to be a few weeks down the road.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Mad Poster
#184 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 8:53 AM
Maybe. It depends on how the game checks. Some things, like the grand vampires biting people, is hard coded onto the sim and there's nothing you can do about it. Other actions look at NPC code, still others look at family number and so on.

You can clear it in SimPE. I plan to add a command to my debugger to allow it to be cleared from within the game, but that's likely to be a few weeks down the road.

Oh ok. I thought Sim Blender had the option as well. As for Grand Vampires biting people autonomously, I heard there are hacks that prevent biting NPCs which will stop the game from breaking due to a stupid vampire biting Mrs. Crumplebottom or the Unsavory Charatan.

Edit: By the way, are there any good tutorials for editing wants in SimPE or making overrides which prevent certain wants or fears, or make memories good for all aspirations? I just want to make the want/fear system more logical and realistic, and perhaps make popularity sims like Sandra Roth and the Pleasant twins into fluff-bunnies who want to be witches simply because they think occultism is so cool. Same with vampirism and lycanthropy. And I'd like other sims to at least be neutral concerning witches and possibly plantsims, because plantsims often have an easier time fulfilling their needs as long as they have sunlamps, showers and friends.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#185 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 10:43 AM

That'd be handy, Cyjon, if you have a mind to do it. <sends encouraging thoughts Cyjon's way>

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#186 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 4:53 PM
Grand vampires do NOT cause corruption as far as I know. I ALWAYS add them to the family, but I ask them to move in. Maybe asking to move in clears the NPC code, because the only time they bite everyone is before I ask them to move in. Then that annoying behaviour stops.
EDIT : Can someone confirm this? Because I remember making a grand vamp selectable via boolprop and she'd always try to bite the toddler.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN have toddler/child vamps. They just don't get the genes and act weird. It's like a human acting like a vampire, basically. If I remember correctly, they WILL have vampire poses in their portraits, will float around creepily at random, but I don't think they are exactly treated as vamps (I'm going to go back and check) If anyone knows if this causes corruption please let me know.
Also; thanks Darby!

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Mad Poster
#187 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 8:57 PM
Grand vampires do NOT cause corruption as far as I know. I ALWAYS add them to the family, but I ask them to move in. Maybe asking to move in clears the NPC code, because the only time they bite everyone is before I ask them to move in. Then that annoying behaviour stops.
EDIT : Can someone confirm this? Because I remember making a grand vamp selectable via boolprop and she'd always try to bite the toddler.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN have toddler/child vamps. They just don't get the genes and act weird. It's like a human acting like a vampire, basically. If I remember correctly, they WILL have vampire poses in their portraits, will float around creepily at random, but I don't think they are exactly treated as vamps (I'm going to go back and check) If anyone knows if this causes corruption please let me know.
Also; thanks Darby!

Ah ok. I just hope that moving in a head witch through marriage doesn't 'shred' her code. Though just to be safe, I might have someone else ask her to move in, then I'll have Ajay call her up and try to have a rocking wedding party. He's got most of the stuff set up, including the arch, buffet table and dinner tables, and all he has to do is buy the champagne and cake.

Also, I noticed you have a memory fix mod for certain types of memories like anniversary parties and stuff - does it also fix the 'sim met aliens/got abducted' memory? Because whenever a sim gets abducted while searching for galaxies or planets, watching for UFOs or summoning aliens, nobody else gets a visible memory, though they do get associated wants and fears.
Field Researcher
#188 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 10:41 PM
Also, I noticed you have a memory fix mod for certain types of memories like anniversary parties and stuff - does it also fix the 'sim met aliens/got abducted' memory?

I assume that was directed at me. No my fixes were designed to fix corrupted memories detected by Mootilda's Hood Checker. I believe I've heard of an abduction memory fix but I don't know who created it.

Instructor
#189 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
Quote:
Also, where is the option to clear the NPC code?

What is the NPC code?
Maybe this is off side of the topic, however I tried to remove a bartender from his bar in SimPE, I changed his npc type number to type 000 but he is still working there. I thought he would be an ordinary townie when I had changed his npc type number.
Field Researcher
#190 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 4:41 PM
Ah ok. I just hope that moving in a head witch through marriage doesn't 'shred' her code. Though just to be safe, I might have someone else ask her to move in, then I'll have Ajay call her up and try to have a rocking wedding party. He's got most of the stuff set up, including the arch, buffet table and dinner tables, and all he has to do is buy the champagne and cake.

I've made a head witch selectable. One of the few things I found odd is that she does NOT need reagents to cast "Magus Mutatio" (aka turning a sim into a witch). I'm a little scared to actually move one into the family. I still am waiting for any signs of corruption, but I guess I could make a backup and test adding her.

Mad Poster
#191 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 2:52 AM
I've made a head witch selectable. One of the few things I found odd is that she does NOT need reagents to cast "Magus Mutatio" (aka turning a sim into a witch). I'm a little scared to actually move one into the family. I still am waiting for any signs of corruption, but I guess I could make a backup and test adding her.

I noticed that early on too. And I'm wondering if all head witches get their aspirations changed automatically to 'Knowledge' when asked to move in... because I could have sworn that the head witch I moved in was originally Family. The weirdest thing I found was that the new sims I made and turned into witches and warlocks don't mind being magical, and have no wants for a cure. It does make the game quite interesting though.
Mad Poster
#192 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 11:42 PM
Shouldnt we create a wiki page with the table Mootilda posted on page 3?

And BTW, does anyone know anything about waiters/waitresses?
Top Secret Researcher
#193 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 11:53 PM
I had the town manslut sleep with the gypsy matchmaker once.

He hated it.
Mad Poster
#194 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 9:25 PM
Ok, i made a waiter playable and now, im going to get a Chinese delivery person married. Wish me luck so that my N'Hood doesnt go BOOM!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#195 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 10:04 PM
Ok, i made a waiter playable and now, im going to get a Chinese delivery person married. Wish me luck so that my N'Hood doesnt go BOOM!

Those two are fine. If they have their own name, they're fine.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#196 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

Thats relieving. Thanks!

Where is Moo? We should ask her to edit the table.
Site Helper
#197 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 10:33 PM
I have no problems with someone taking my table and putting it into the wiki and making changes to it. It was just meant as a starting point.
Mad Poster
#198 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

So i guess chefs are safe too, not local chefs, but normal restaurant chefs.

Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I have no problems with someone taking my table and putting it into the wiki and making changes to it. It was just meant as a starting point.

Oh! There you are. Nah! You should have the honour of creating a wiki. Also, so that you get the "Wiki'd" achievement. Unless you insist...
Site Helper
#199 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 1:15 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 12th Apr 2012 at 4:42 PM.
I already have the achievement. If no one does it, I'll eventually get around to it. I'm just rather busy right now... [Given that someone disagreed, I guess that I shouldn't say that I'll do it.]
Mad Poster
#200 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 2:44 AM
So i guess chefs are safe too, not local chefs, but normal restaurant chefs.

Thank you, Maxon, for reminding us about the name issue! Whether or not an NPC has a real name used to be part of what I'd take into account in determining whether or not an NPC was okay to play with, but somewhere along the way, I forgot that.

Social Worker has been bugging me, because she's an exception to the part of the rule of thumb about NPCs being safe if they can be befriended normally, without cheats. But she does NOT satisfy the part of the rule of thumb about having a real name! My brain is happy to have that settled.

So M.M.A.A, Rule of Thumb: Does the NPC (in this case, chef) have a real name, AND can he/she be befriended, moved-in, etc. without use of cheats. If yes to both, chances are good that NPC is safe. If not, don't do it.
Page 8 of 18