Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 24th May 2015 at 3:40 PM
Mind you, some of the clothes are nice - but they have all been converted already
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 24th May 2015 at 4:55 PM
I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but I really wish the TS3 style sledgehammer tool was available. It is very tedious to have to... err... sledgehammer one item at a time rather than being able to just drag the tool over many objects at once.

Quote: Originally posted by MileyTheSimmer
I was about to download the mod but after reading your comment, how are they problematic?

Most of them aren't problematic. The only ones I've had problems with is the 3x community lot speed one which caused the game speed to get stuck at 3x, and the cars charge money one. The text for the latter mod doesn't display correctly for me, but the rest of the mod itself works as intended.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#53 Old 24th May 2015 at 6:57 PM
I would like the sims 1 magic town rollercoaster and the elevator transport thingy as well as the zoom elevator from sims 3. The CASt, of course. That was great. I'm not all that keen for story progression because I want my sims to stay put and the age I remember them. I would be up for the hybrid someone mentioned that allowed townies to age, but not necessarily playables. I liked the imaginary friend from sims 3 as well.

Oh, and you can put a pool on any floor or on a roof. I downloaded a tutorial on it, but I haven't had occasion to use it yet.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#54 Old 25th May 2015 at 12:35 AM Last edited by lorinsv60 : 25th May 2015 at 12:50 AM.
My list is based on first-hand knowledge of only BG/LN for TS3 and the TS4 Game Time demo.

First and foremost:
- More variety in body shapes

Also wish TS2 had:
- Separate shoes and expanded definition of accessories
- Easier/expanded object placement
- Adjustable light brightness (not needed nearly as much in TS2, but a nice feature nonetheless)
- Ability to visit other houses
- TS3's option to color roots and tips of hair (a little something that surprised me and that I really liked)

Build a City Challenge on LiveJournal: Mesa Vista: my BaCC for fun
Mesa Vista Running list of chapters
Mad Poster
#55 Old 25th May 2015 at 1:16 AM
The ability to sit and drink tea or sit while talking on the phone, the ability to greet someone and start a conversation or include them in a conversation while playing chess, the ability to watch tv while consuming food or beverages.

Slumber parties for children, fleshed out horses and riding abilities, sculpture, more recipes and the ability to get special recipes from vacation spots.

More music for the instruments. There's some amazing music in Sims 4. I would love that in Sims 2. I wonder if it's possible to pull the files?

Expanded novel options.

The ability to harvest plants from community gardens and neighbor's yards (not that I'd do that in real life, mind you!).

Breast feeding and the ability to attack toddlers with the claw with the ensuing insane giggle.

The variety of beverages available at the bar that Sims can learn to make.

There are also many things from Sims 2 that I'd love to apply to Sims 3 and Sims 4.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 25th May 2015 at 8:10 AM
wait it was the right thread I just didn't notice the third page......

@Ksantipasim
thanks for the link, I hope it doesn't conflict with anything I have, playing for tips in the park, picnics, and bringing stuff to hotels like a kids stuffed animal, and working laptops on community, all hopefully possible, so again thank you
Mad Poster
#57 Old 26th May 2015 at 6:02 PM
I've switched between Sims 2 and Sims 3 for several years now. Things I wish were in Sims 2 from Sims 3 are:

The ability to choose shoes, instead of them being automatically connected to bottoms. There have been several Sims 2 bottoms that I like, but I don't like the shoes. I wish I could pair the bottoms I like with shoes I like.

The ability to automatically change the color of clothes and furniture with CASt instead of having to download a ton of re-colors.

The Ghost Hunter Profession- This is my favorite Ambitions profession and I've always wanted to make the Curious Brothers Ghost Hunters.

Sculpting and Scuba Diving- I have a lot of fun with these skills and wish they were in Sims 2

Sims 3 style witches. I have more fun with the Sims 3 witches than the Sims 2 witches. The Sims 3 style magic ability just seems more useful (especially the ability to upgrade appliances to unbreakable)

Sims 3 style of gardening. I have a lot more fun with the way gardening was done in Sims 3 than the way it was done in Sims 2. There also a lot more variety of plants that can be grown.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 3:18 PM
I have TS3 for xbox.

I hear that everyone complained about the multiple swatches and color choices. Said it was "to much." I found it not enough. I was used to having to mod and recolor everything myself and that was "to much." Yes I love the coloring options in TS3! I am sad that I hear they are taking it away in TS4.

I like how TS3 sims walk around each other without making such a fuss and wait for other sims to get an action done. I like there is less cancelling of actions in TS3 than there is in TS2. TS2 I am so tired of actions getting cancelled.

This is for us console players only - it is nice to play endlessly on TS3 with NO CRASHING. I can save my game any time but how much a relief not to HAVE to save game every 3 seconds for fear of crashing.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
True, but doesn't that cause all sorts of problems when Sims try to interact with the diagonally placed objects? Like you can only place certain objects that way?

And some other things:

Being able to adjust the length of age groups and seasons!
YA as a proper age group
Deers

The 45 degree angle cheat does not cause problems however, some objects are unusable by sims when they are at a 45 degree angle. I have read that if you place the item on a Walk Around Block before placing it where you want it the sim can use the normally unusable 45 degree angled object but I have not tried it yet in my game.

Also, I believe that Numenor has a mod/hack that will allow items that are placed on countertops at 45 degree angles to be usable.
Test Subject
#60 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 12:43 PM
I would love to see the inactive sims aging features from The Sims 3 ("story progression"?). I'm sick and tired of having my active sim get married with their spouse who is nearly 20 years younger than him since I always have my sims pursue their career a bit before getting married. And also the want system that makes more sense from The Sims 3, like if your sim's lifelong goal is to become mayor/leader of the free world your sim's first want should be "getting a job in political career", not getting a bunch of irrelevant jobs.

And yes, better magic elements/spells/recipes, like from The Sims Makin' Magic. The "magic" that The Sims Apartment Life offers is simply disappointing
Field Researcher
#61 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 1:35 AM
I'd absolutely love the ability to change the height of the foundation with a slider, much like that in the Sims 4. It's so handy!

Check out my building creations!
Instructor
#62 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 5:14 AM
Everything in Spa Day I'd love in TS2 - all the different bath options especially. But most of all I have two words: Ranger Stanley.
Ranger Stanley is just the best ever. I have the 4t2 plushes but, man, you can never have too much of everyone's favorite jackalope.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 2:37 PM
My wishlist is fairly small.

1) Better/more detailed lot imposters in the neighbourhood view, and for neighbouring houses to look as good as my in-lot objects in lot view. Because I like the current lot based loading of S2 and my rotational play, I just wish that the backgrounds looked a little prettier at times.

2) The rollercoaster from the Boardwalk add on to Roaring Heights. I want to build a fairground for my neighbourhood-under-construction, and it really needs a rollercoaster for full effect. I don't need it to work, I'd be happy with it as just the track and the cars as static objects to place on it.
Page 3 of 3