Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:14 AM
Default Hack conflict advice thread
I decided that this needs to exist, because odds are when one wonders about a conflict and load orders and whatnot, someone out there has already done the leg work and figured it out. So lets have a thread where we can ask each other for advice on conflicts.

Does anyone use Squinges pregnantsimscanvisitcommunitylots mod, and inteen? Squinge says it conflicts but is unsure how serious, but HCDU isn't picking up on any conflict so I can't try to figure it out either since I don't know how it's conflicting.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 15th May 2015 at 5:09 AM
Scholar
#3 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:47 PM
Isn't it Pescado has to come before TwoJeff's or vice versa?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th May 2015 at 5:32 PM
Generally, I put everything that conflicts with InTeen to load after InTeen and everything works as it should.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th May 2015 at 7:10 PM
SimWardrobe is still around, it's just changed it's main url. I'll see if I can find it again. Edit: sorry I see someone posted the link already.

Conflicts happen when different mods use the same BHav - sometimes, you can load one after the other and they work together fine. THat's what HCDU does - look at BHavs. If it's not showing in HCDU, I guess Squinge is wrong about it using the same BHavs as Inteen - though I admit that sounds unlikely. Maybe HCDU can't see both mods?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2015 at 9:55 PM
Yeah, I know that's how conflicts work. The odd thing is, the community lot hack only has the one BHAV, there's nothing else in there. And HCDU picks up on all the other mods in the same folder, so why would it fail to detect those? Either Squinge fixed it and forgot to change the description, or it's a more complicated conflict than I understand.

I tried making the community one load after inteen, and pregnant Sims can now visit community lots. No idea if inteen is affected though, haven't tried it yet. But I don't quite see why it would be affected in a harmful way, since the only thing in the bhav is a check when going to community lots.

I think I'll just keep it in mind in case I find something weird going on.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th May 2015 at 12:31 AM
Hmmm - that is kind of odd then. I agree that it sounds unlikely to affect Inteen's workings - let us know. It's always useful to track stuff like that for us Inteen users.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th May 2015 at 11:54 PM
I think I must have this, because I've never had pregnant sims be restricted from visiting community lots. I also have inteen.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th May 2015 at 12:29 AM
It's only once they reach a certain number of hours pregnant that it kicks in. I have modded pregnancy to last much longer, but the code looks at hours, not stage pregnant, so my Sims get locked out of community lots without even showing the first stages of the bump. If one uses regular time span and doesn't use community lots that frequent, it's quite possible the correct combination hasn't appeared.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:29 PM
No I know, but I have just never had it. I was really surprised when I played a vanilla game and I couldn't take a pregnant sim to a community lot.

Edit: Okay I googled it, and with OFB onwards, they can go to community lots no problem, with no mods. So you don't need this mod anyway. That makes sense, because when I played BG + UNI, my computer took ages to load community lots, and after that I got Seasons, which is later than OFB. My vanilla game was base game only.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:46 PM
Are you sure? My Sim couldn't go, and the mod by Squinge says it's compatible with AL and M&G. I would trust Squinge to say "not needed" if that function was already in the EPs.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th May 2015 at 8:33 PM
I don't feel like creating a vanilla hood to test it right now, but I can tell you for sure I don't have that mod, and my pregnant sims can go all the time. It does say with a car or walking, though, I don't know if they are still blocked using the taxi, I hardly ever use it.

So either I have another mod which includes that function, or it's not needed.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th May 2015 at 9:16 PM
I'll put it on the list of things to look at when I have the time.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 17th May 2015 at 9:29 PM Last edited by gazania : 18th May 2015 at 12:10 PM.
I don't know if this fits here whatsoever, but here are couple of mods that I noticed have caused problems once I installed AL and HH, even if there is no indication in any of the comments on the site or here that they do:

1. Children sleep over ... http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=91611 and AL.

This COULD be just my mod config, but for some reason, when I had this mod in my game, my Sims couldn't ask the witch to teach them the ways of light or darkness. I thought that AL is EP8 ... strange no one mentioned any conflicts. I do not have InTeen, by the way, so that's not the problem (too many mods it conflicts with, and while it is fascinating, I admit to being too lazy to weed them all out or re-organize them in different orders).

2. Carrigon's hacked Christmas Tree and the Holiday Stuff Pack Santa ... This conflict is quite funny, actually, but may not be what you want in your game. I found when I have the hacked tree active (if I do not disable the mod in Clean Installer), Santa just comes over and ho-ho-hos and pees ... over and over again. No gifts. I thought that Santa was trying to clog the toilet for naughty Sims!

http://www.sims2workshop.com/index....ead&postID=5960

I used the Carrigon mod back when I had only up to Seasons and no stuff packs. I thought Happy Holidays came out around the time the mod came out, or shortly after? Surprising no one on the forum commented on that problem. Either it's my configuration again, or people just didn't like Santa and never tried to get him to show up.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th May 2015 at 9:48 PM
That fits very nicely When I have time/the mood I'll post some of the things I've found as well.

One that I am reminded of by your post, is the bill issue related to MogHughsons postal system. If your Sims suddenly get 26k-ish in bills, then it's that mod causing it. Reason unknown.