Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 12:57 AM
Default What did you do with the Mountainside Valley characters?
Since it seems that I'm not the only simmer who likes these threads, here we go!

I've only played the Treah family so far. Forest wants three kids to go to college, got a job in the military, and taught Banyan to walk because they both wanted it. Willow wants to be Captain Hero but there were no such job openings so spent most of the day trying to get a cooking skill point and being pregnant.
Acacia wants to be an adventurer, but settled for a job in journalism. Ash discovered he likes cooking shows as much as his mom does. Kamilah brought Sarah Shaer home and they became friends with one chat. I thought I'd let them play blocks together, but Kamilah couldn't ask Sarah to join. Banyan learned to walk, of course.
Oh, Willow got an ultrasound (ACR pregnancy scan) and found out they're expecting twins!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 1:21 AM
Who are the Mountainside Valley characters?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 1:33 AM
New hood we did for all to enjoy. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=546569

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 3:18 AM
Cecilia Rhein got new makeup and hair before going to shopping for clothes.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 4:12 PM
I just installed it yesterday, so not much yet. Am still exploring the characters in the hood and trying to decide how I would like my storyline to go. GREAT HOOD, BTW! Am really looking forward to playing it!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 8:58 AM
LOVE this! I've played 3 households now for a few days each ending with the Treah family - and they kept me very busy! I will confess to using "max motives" when things get too wild. Mr. Treah took the first job that was offered which happened to be in the military. Mrs. Treah gave birth to twin boys -- Pitter and Patter (best names I could come up with!). Eldest daughter took on part time work in the Slacker career to help out. They purchased a toy box ( to hopefully keep the children from jumping on beds for fun!). Mrs. Treah put in a small vegetable garden to help with groceries.

I like how this town somewhat resembles Widespot and yet has a different feel to it. I have added Widespot RFD as a subhood just to keep things interesting and because I am weary of Bluewater Village. I am playing with the Ultimate Collection and for some reason needed to remove BWV to allow Widespot to be available.

To start with (yesterday) I played the couple whose teenage son has run off and then the uncle's household where the runaway showed up at. Not sure how that will play out. The uncle allowed the boy to stay only if he would agree to be an active household member by taking on chores, bringing his grades up and finding a part time job to help with room and board. the uncle hopes to help mend the rift between his immature nephew and his imperfect, but loving, parents.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 1:44 PM
@teafortwo is it because you can not see the hood or ?

Mootilda made a mod to fix that if it is your problem. "Fix subhood selection" http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=420924

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 2:37 PM
Does anyone else played the Kurtin family so far that her child grew up to toddler? Because I am worried of this child's genetics. Both parents are normal but child has an alien nose. If Craig Bailey will see his child he may ask for genetic test and wipe out all family connections with this child.
No tragedy in family because of this child. Grey wanted his own child too, so Violet is again pregnant.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Does anyone else played the Kurtin family so far that her child grew up to toddler? Because I am worried of this child's genetics. Both parents are normal but child has an alien nose. If Craig Bailey will see his child he may ask for genetic test and wipe out all family connections with this child.
No tragedy in family because of this child. Grey wanted his own child too, so Violet is again pregnant.

A picture would helps us understand exactly what is going on (plus, curiosity. )

Anyways, its normal for children created in CAS, formerly as adults and then turned into children (still in CAS), to have abnormal features. So, I guess, same thing applies to children born in-game during game play. You'll notice that, as adults, they look normal, with normal facial features, but when aged down to child, they'll look creepy and weird. As far as technicality, its normal for the game to do this.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:15 PM
It'll probably grow into the face. Lots of toddlers are weird looking and people panic. Noses in particular change as the room on the face changes.

MMAA, I wasn't following the creation of Mountain Valley very closely. Were any precautions taken against broken face templates? Though generally a broken template pulls from one of the "pretty" templates, like the elf.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:32 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It'll probably grow into the face. Lots of toddlers are weird looking and people panic. Noses in particular change as the room on the face changes.

MMAA, I wasn't following the creation of Mountain Valley very closely. Were any precautions taken against broken face templates? Though generally a broken template pulls from one of the "pretty" templates, like the elf.

I do have the face-templates fixes from MATY installed and the Kurtins were created after they were installed. However, I didn't create the Roomies household so I don't know about that. Though, I did share the Downloads folder that I have installed with whatever mods and fixes we're using.

Like I said (and what you said, Peni) earlier; its normal to have a weird looking toddler at first, but then their facial features will change as they grow. The genetics in this game are very weird. The sim in question should grow up fine, hopefully.

Annaminna, can you force the kid to grow up without saving afterwards? Just as a test? Let us know how he/she looks when they hit teen or adult.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#12 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 4:04 PM
I've created the Roomies household and I had the face templates fix installed.
I got that nose too but it's fixed when she's an teen/adult. Most of the unique sims look weird (too unique) when they're toddlers or children but don't worry. They look good when they're older.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Forum Resident
#13 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
@teafortwo is it because you can not see the hood or ?

Mootilda made a mod to fix that if it is your problem. "Fix subhood selection" http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=420924

Thank you ever so much, Marka. I have downloaded the mods. ( I miss Mootilda...)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 11:40 PM
Thanks Jawusa. I do have archfixes too. There are pics from toddler and I aged him to teen (without saving)

It fixed his face a little.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 12:00 AM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 4th Feb 2015 at 12:22 AM.
Annaminna, that's Violet's nose! Don't worry! I am aware that her nose is tiny, but that's what makes her facial features unique! Plus, as you said, he'll grow up into a better nose.

Keep us updated!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 1:41 AM
Thank you and be sure I will continue.
I have a small story about McCormicks and I will post it here when I am done with this week rotation because Roomies are the last household in rotation. So far:
Field Researcher
#17 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 12:54 PM
I've put together Mountainside Valley, Bluewater Village, Peni Griffin's Widespot and Marka93's Old Town. So far I've played with the McCormics and the Treah family - Virginia is heavily pregnant and I made her a fan of pottery while her husband really likes fixing up cars I was also inspired to create a family of my own, the Stones, who I think fit into the neighborhood nicely.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 7:44 PM
I actually managed to play the neighborhood for a while and here's what happened (quoting myself over from CFF):
Quote:
I have to say, I've played the Kurtin house for a bit and it got messy!

At first I played the house for a bit until Violet popped. Then I had her call Craig (was that his name?) cause she did roll a want to invite someone over right after she popped, which kinda made sense if she wanted to let the 'possible' father of child know that he possibly fathered a child. Everything went great and I was hoping they'd kiss or do something in front of Grey, but nothing! They just chatted and all.

The next day was sort of similar, she had Craig over again cause I guess she felt like having him over. Everyone in the house is assuming he's a coworker. All of a sudden, Grey starts kissing Violet and Craig went all mad and crazy at her so he slapped her. Grey apparently was still oblivious to what was going on. This really annoyed me, that Grey still didn't manage to find out! So, thanks to Inteen, I made her miscarry. Then she went all crying thanks to her low motives, as I was hoping she would die of hunger, but she refused to! Dammit!

The next day she tried to make peace with Craig, which was of no use, and this time, finally, Grey caught her in the act! After suffering for a while from all this, Grey decided to invite Cecilia Rhein over as her was heart-farting her the first day she came to 'welcome them to the neighborhood'. He flirted with her and kissed her right in front Violet to piss her off. And it worked! He even managed to ask Cece (let's call her Cece) to stay for the night and managed to woohoo with her in the bedroom, 'getting her pregnant'.

As the next day arrived and after they all got back from work, Grey broke the marriage with Violet and kicked her out and asked Cece to move in and went steady with Cece (though none of them want to commit further than that.)

You can say I had a lot of fun! :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 8:46 PM
"There are pics from toddler and I aged him to teen (without saving) It fixed his face a little."

i suck at quoting people on here. hes pretty decent looking as a teen IMO.
Theorist
#20 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paulinajean
"There are pics from toddler and I aged him to teen (without saving) It fixed his face a little."

If you hit reply under the person whom you want to quote it will do the quotes for you.

If you reply with the quick reply it will post your message, but you would need to manually do the quotes (I believe ).
Mad Poster
#21 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paulinajean

All you need to do is click the 'Reply' button underneath the post, to the right end. I wish Annaminna posted pictures of all age stages, would be more interesting to see how he turns out as an Adult (but that would take the 'surprise element' out of it I guess ).
Mad Poster
#22 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 1:17 AM
*Sorry for the double post! Its been a while though!*

So, I re-downloaded a new version of the neighborhood and the first family I played with was the Shaer's. First thing that happens right after I press the Play button is Nadia going maternal all over the place. The two girls, Layla and Sarah were busy discussing what they could make out of this place and where they could have some fun.

It was their first day in town, so no one went to school/work for the sake of unpacking and settling in. The parents were mainly busy teaching Adil his toddler skills.

After a while, Nadia was preparing lunch when all of a sudden a fire starts. Fortunately the firemen/women arrived on time to save the day! Nadia couldn't even get a proper shower because the welcome wagon arrived and Amin was (still) busy teaching Adil to walk. It consisted of the Rhein family, Delilah, the mother, and two of her triplets, Sheila and Cecilia. And since no one got the chance to prepare another proper meal, they had burnt burgers for lunch!

Layla discovered her OTH, which is M&D. Coincidentally, her little sister, Sarah also has the same OTH. This means, according to my rules for picking aspirations, that Sarah will be a Pleasure Sim. Nadia thought it was best to ask little Sarah while hanging out with her about how she'd feel about a new sibling (no, Nadia's not pregnant, she rolled a want for it.). Sarah, being who she is, just got up and turned away... She is definitely not on board!

Back in the living room, Delilah was arguing with Cecilia, who is a Romance sim, about why she hadn't landed anyone yet like Nadia did with Amin. She basically kept on saying how she wishes Cecilia would be more like Nadia. However, since Cecilia is a Romance sim, and Nadia's a Family sim, you can't expect them to be the same (only under special circumstances.) After hearing enough from her mother, Cecilia did the same thing Sarah did! She actually got up from her seat! But instead of not saying anything at all, she walked over to and sat on the opposite seat and explained to her mother that it's not so easy, for her, to commit to anyone.

Eventually it was time for bed, but before Nadia went to bed, she made sure Adil learned to talk. By the time they were done it was pretty late and she was exhausted! Off to bed! (Same goes for me! )

P.S. You can view the pictures of these events on my Simblr. Link is in my signature.
Trainee Moderator
#23 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 7:40 AM
I've seen the pictures. Love them.

Well, I wasn't sure how to type in Delilah, because of the name 'Delia'.
As I noticed the English add a 'h' to the end. -- Sara = Sarah or Moria = Moriah
That's why I thought it would be Deliah...

I've looked through an English names list and found Delilah... and thought, oh now it's too late to fix the name now because the neighborhood is already uploaded.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#24 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I've seen the pictures. Love them.

Well, I wasn't sure how to type in Delilah, because of the name 'Delia'.
As I noticed the English add a 'h' to the end. -- Sara = Sarah or Moria = Moriah
That's why I thought it would be Deliah...

I've looked through an English names list and found Delilah... and thought, oh now it's too late to fix the name now because the neighborhood is already uploaded.

Oh! Woops! Sorry! Looks a lot like Delilah! Misread it the whole time!

It's Deliah from now on!

BTW, yeah, name variations can be a PITA because everyone uses a specific version and you have to make sure you get it right! :P
Trainee Moderator
#25 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 4:50 PM
Well, we invented a new version of Delilah then.

My Simblr
Page 1 of 2