Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 1:33 AM
I probably won't buy it, or I will wait for a very long time before I do. I've heard that they will lower the graphics and stuff so it can run better on noob PC's, and i've seen some pictures too. Not impressed. I already think that Sims 2 has better graphics and gameplay than Sims 3, I especially liked the memory function, it's really shit on Sims 3. Oh and I remember thinking that all the sims faces looked so fat lool. I still bought it though, because of some major improvements and oh right, also because my Sims 2 cd broke
Anyway my PC was quite pricy so i have my standards... and i just recently bought the last expansion for my Sims 3 collection so there's no way i'll buy it now ^^
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
Is that a roundabout way of saying you want a new smartphone?

No, that's a roundabout way of saying you'll never get the game.
Test Subject
#53 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 2:18 AM
2 years from now, TS2 and TS3 will still be modded. Just look at SC4. That 11 year old game STILL is modded today. We can't let everything older than the "reboot" or "sequel with 14122154106 DLC packs" be completely forgotten.
Test Subject
#54 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 5:07 PM
The Sims 4 looks to cartoonish and they look like clay, I'm still going to be playing Sims 3!
#55 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 6:28 PM
I just moved on to the sims 3 from the sims 2. I probably won't move on to the sims 4 for another 3 - 5 years, if I'm still playing the game by then.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 5:12 AM
My current view is that I'm not interested in TS4 as a game. But I am interested in knowing what it will have, what features and so on. TS4 could be the next best thing that happens to sims but with their current marketing strategy I'm not seeing it. My current thoughts about TS4 are extremely negative, mostly because of last years premier. Where it was obvious they have nothing to show off except BS scripted "gameplay".

Secretly I of course wish that TS4 will have some huge big feature that I can't stand so there will be no temptation (if TS4 would have been an online game where you play with your avatar) that would have been it but now that that's off the table I'll have to wait and see what else there will be. For me loosing CAST is not a deal breaker, but neither is having emotions or a feet slider something that would make me feel I need this game.

I don't expect TS4 to be perfect, none of the sims games have been but I am really enjoying TS3 and considering how long I've been waiting for it to get into static mode with no more updates from EA I have really enjoyed playing it these last few months. I play so slowly that I felt I bare got any gameplay between EP's and updates. I don't want to start over with all the updates and patches and the hassle that will come with playing a game that's still in development.

Then of course there is the fact that I really do enjoy TS3. All the work I have put in it, all the plans I have for my sims. To start over from scratch, is not a tempting idea.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 8:37 PM
I won't be joining the initial fanfare, primarily because they're taking CAST away. Being able to customize patterns & furniture is probably one of my favorite parts of the game & they're taking it away. And, no CAS sliders? What's the logic - "this feature wasn't so great the first time around so let's just get rid of it & replace it with something far more advanced despite the fact we couldn't get the easier version done right"? (Plus, I still haven't heard anything about the possibility of an OFB redux, which is sad considering that EP was probably the best decision ever made concerning the game.) There'll have to be some damn good reviews & even better mods before I decide EA's mess is worth my precious computer space.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Alchemist
#58 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 9:40 PM
What's up with The Sims community? Everything that's new must be turned down, I can promise that at least a half of everyone in this thread will be playing The Sims 4 in a year
Field Researcher
#59 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
What's up with The Sims community? Everything that's new must be turned down, I can promise that at least a half of everyone in this thread will be playing The Sims 4 in a year

Experience is the best teacher. Call it cynicism but when EA can't release a single Sims thing that doesn't require umpteen patches & glitch-resolving updates, new things aren't looked upon the most favorably - it's realism.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
One Minute Ninja'd
#60 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 11:45 PM

It's probably because the folks around here feel burned by the design decisions the creative geniuses behind this franchise have made over time. However, if you're looking for uncritical fan fervor about whatever EA wants to shovel our way, the official forums are ablaze with excitement and adulation for the crumbs being thrown out.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 4:16 AM
I'll probably stick to Sims 3, because I love playing the game! And there are a lot of things we've seen dealing with Sims 4 that I don't really like. (But, hopefully, there will be some good things in it.)
Scholar
#62 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 11:15 PM
I'm afraid of Sims 4 being the Sims equivalent of SimCity 2013--even less attention paid to the backend/simulation in a desperate attempt to play up social networking and store items instead. Hopefully they at least learned their lesson about trying to force simulation game players to be always logged in.
Test Subject
#63 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 1:52 AM
I :lovestruc Sims 2 and I play Sims 3 some, ( with lots of expansions ) and I would like to see what EA has come up with the Sims 4. But it will take awhile for EA to catch up on the Sims 4, and most likely they will have the same expansions, and the game doesn't come out until late December of 2014. CAS looks good, ( I preferably liked Sims 2 CAS, and everything about the game ), but I wonder what they can add new. New emotions and actions, and other things maybe? I will try out the game, can't wait to see when it comes out. I just hope it is more like the Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Octopuss
I dont think I will buy Sims 4
There is so much stuff in Sims 3 I haven't tried yet
And the sims in Sims 4 looks like plastic, the hair are ugly and the eyelashes is one line

i'm addicted to sims 4 now hahahah
One Minute Ninja'd
#65 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 4:31 PM
Wow. Necro'ing a year old thread to share an opinion that belongs in the TS4 forum. Great way to make friends and influence people.........................
Scholar
#66 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 4:32 PM
Sad to say, it still does nothing for me. And I'd like to like it, if only to get my money's worth, since I already own it.

Besides, at the moment, I'm addicted to Cities Skylines, so I wouldn't have time for TS4 anyway :p
Test Subject
#67 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 4:13 PM
I'm late to the party, I just started playing Sims 3 in December (asked for base plus Pets, Generations and Seasons for Christmas and Santa delivered! I now own most of the EPs and am having a blast! I have heard mixed reviews for Sims 4 and have absolutly no interest in playing it, I like my open world!
Instructor
#68 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 6:02 PM
I got TS4 when it first came out, and then the game pack and expansion pack, but I am just so bored with it. I've only played through one of the careers of the expansion, but it's just so repetitive that I can't stay into it. The game is the two things a game should NEVER be: boring and repetitive. It fells like I'm playing real life here. I mean my sims get up, go to work, do the same thing every day, come home to a house full of dirty dishes, then go to sleep. On their days off they clean the house and play computer games. I mean, I play games to ESCAPE real life, not repeat it. Why would I sit at a computer all day just to watch my character sitting at the computer all day? It makes me re-evaluate my life.

Since yesterday I have gone back to TS3, and am so much happier now. (I seriously am in a better mood after switching, as I was getting a bit snippy, but I'm back to normal.) I actually had the most fun playing TS2, but it's so hard to keep a certain story line going in that game, you really have to just let things happen. So it's back home to Appaloosa Plains for me! Even if the commute takes a while. :\
Theorist
#69 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 8:17 PM
I've been playing TS4 a lot, actually.
Been dealing with some tough stuff IRL and feel so stressed and have trouble sleeping. I found that if I play TS4 for an hour or so before I want to go to bed, it makes me really really sleepy making me fall asleep immediately when I go to bed, IF I even make it to bed. I've actually dozed off a few times sitting straight up in my chair during the loading screens. Didn't even know I could fall asleep sitting up till TS4.

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 9:59 PM
In my world, there is no such game as TS4. I've never liked the look of it: the neighborhoods, the color scheme. The sims themselves look way too cartoonish to take seriously. Maybe it's because I am older, but I don't want to play a cartoonish-looking game. TS3 is silly enough as it is. At least there is some realism to 3 that I don't think I will find with 4.
One Minute Ninja'd
#71 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 10:13 PM
Gnat, rad new look for your avatar!
Top Secret Researcher
#72 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 11:35 PM
Field Researcher
#73 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 11:42 PM
Bored to tears. I like my own neighborhoods, not ones with fake backdrops. When the make customizable neighborhoods I'll think about buying new EPS and SPs.
Site Helper
#74 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 3:36 AM
No TS4 here yet. No plans to get it, either. I wouldn't mind getting one or two of the Sims 3 EPs I don't have yet, though.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 5:55 AM
I can promise that at least a half of everyone in this thread will be playing The Sims 4 in a year

If a count is taken, one TS4 player and I hereby cancel each other out.
(We get along fine, but we play different games.)
Locked thread | Locked by: Buzzler Reason: As much as I would love to hear all over again why you won't play TS4 ... nah, I got nothing.
Page 3 of 3