Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 7:51 PM
Ok this didn't work..

I was only able to send 4 including the one that was wanting to go..so could only bring 3 into this..and one of them didn't show up..so called him and he would only come to the house but not on the outing..I tried it 2 different ways..as an outing and as for fun..neither one worked..

Couldn't keep them as select able..so I hurried to get them select able then did what I needed them to do..

So I guess this is solved..I don't know what else to do..

Thank you all for all your help and advice..
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 8:47 PM
Limit on sims generally has to do either with game settings or your computers capabilities. Do you have your cheat file set up to allow large numbers of sims? Mine is set to 50.

Not showing means they are either not high enough friend score or have work on. leaving early means low needs or leaving for work.

Do not make them selectable on a group outing, this will make them leave and or taxi show up glitch things.

If you want a group of sims selectable the meeting controller is a better way to do that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 1:18 AM
No I don't know the cheat file for the allow large numbers of sims..how do I set it for 50..??

None of them work..I have that oh good grief..where they don't want to work..I got it from Insiminator.org..I can't remember who had those..but I love them so they can stay at home and do things when they want and nothing pops up for them wanting a job..and raise kids and all that and work their farms..

Where do I get the meeting controller..

Thank you Jo for your help..I still have 2 sims that I need to get them in with one of my main characters..so will try it again..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 2:10 AM
You don't have a cheat file? Ask on the WCIF and heaps of people will probably post theirs. I don't know how you can play without one! I am far too lazy. I can post mine if you like but its very long and messy. If your computer is low end don't set it at 50 though.

Meeting controller is simlogical. You put the token on the wall click them and add sims to it. Then the meeting controller you click start meeting, they all show up all selectable. At the end you click end meeting.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#30 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 3:21 AM
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm For the meeting controller.

I have a cheat file, but the only things I have in it are the controlling pets cheats.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 4:01 AM
Wow, thanks for taking the time to help broomhilda61 out. Unbeknownst to you all, you actually helped me too. I have never even clicked on "Manage Groups" because "Omgoshwhatdoesitdo?!" Now I know, and as pointed out this is an excellent option to have in the game. Wow.

My mayor will have his "group" of the town's power players on speed dial now.
Book club will be SO much easier to organize.
Teen cliques to the Youth Center - easy peasy now instead of summoning them in.

Thank you all. Super helpful, and I'm glad I peeked in!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You don't have a cheat file?... I don't know how you can play without one! .

Oh, dear. I haven't played without one for almost 11 years! And when I think of using the generator to make a list, I can honestly think of only two or three things I'd want in it. (Controlling pets would be one. For some reason, that cheat always slips my mind when I want to use it!) Maybe I'M the lazy one for not making that list longer!

Hmmm ... and the Meeting Controller would be great for my coven's meetings. Thank you!

And for an older example of user cheat startup files:

http://modthesims.info/t/464110

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 11:29 PM
Just thought I'd stop in & say if I had a working computer that could play TS2 I'd post screenshots of how the group function works. It's probably the most helpful way to get certain Sims on the same community lot at the same time, and once you've learned how to use it you wonder how you managed to play the game before.

Going off of memory, it's possible that some Sims that aren't friends with the inviting Sim are more likely to accept a group request (either the actual outing or for fun) than they would an invite or date request. And even if someone's relationship scores are a mutual 0/0, there's no harm in trying!

I don't know if this causes corruption or not, however it's also possible to use the group function to contact some of the "safe" NPCs that normally can't be called on the phone using the normal method.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 12:16 AM
My cheat file is probably on that thread, although its longer now.

Don't contact unsafe NPC's.

This mess is my cheat file.

Its very messy and some stuff isn't needed but I'm scared to touch it in case I mess it up somehow. You know, don't touch stuff unless it's broken.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#35 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 12:25 AM
Well I do use cheats..but not that many..boolprop testingcheatsenabled true/false, moveobects on/off..and things like that..and a friend gave me some abre. cheats..that I haven't used yet..but these are the ones I use all the time..

Thank you all for your help and advice.. :lovestruc

I will be checking out the links as soon as I can..right now I am learning how to make an Apartment Complex..and have started over 4 times lol..and the B.A.D. contest is going to be starting back up soon.over at CBS..and omgosh..Old House Renovations just got over with..and I am trying to get my website back up and running..and straightening out that mess..oh and real life drama..with landlord and utility companies.. I need a pint right about now

Keep the advice and links coming..believe me I print out as much as I can so I can remember..I tend to brain fart a lot and forget..
Page 2 of 2