Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 5:39 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 5th Dec 2016 at 9:36 PM.
Default How would you deal with Vampire having children if nanny's were not allowed?
I usually set my vampires clan where the adult parents (or singles) work in custom vampire career (these ones are 10pm to 2am), while all children/teens are staying home and where they turn into vampire as soon as they turn teen. So they only have time to take care for the younger ones at night (adults 7-9pm) and therefore don't much time for it. Although my teens can babysit them when the adults are working, they will eventually move out and cannot do it in the daytime. I don't really like to play with NPC services (and not big fan of the nanny in general), so generally...

How would deal with the kids (who are not vampires themself) if phone services (like the nanny) wasn't allowed?

PS: I don't like the children to go to school (using simbolical flexi school), because even if they though they have a human life state, they are still treated as vampires, and what vampire studying in the bright day light... Well, perhaps, the "twilight" vamps and other vampire fictions, but vanilla vampire sims can't handle the sun so...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 5:40 PM
Move in a human vassal who's in charge of cooking, cleaning, and childcare.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 6:31 PM
Get a mod so vampires don't burn while ut's daytime, but inside. Then rotate in and out.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 6:52 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 3rd Dec 2016 at 2:31 AM.
Peni Griffin:
All of my upper class families (royals, noblemen, high rank mercenaries) has leave in servants (ala TOT inspired), so I'm not sure if I will have enough sims to do this with supernaturals as well. Well, unless summon them and make them selectable, thats doeable. Personally, I like my supernaturals to be frowned on and outcasted from the society so if doing that, I would probably just move them in. I've a mod which I use, where I make human into ghouls from bites, but make them like day servants.

Alljoj;
I don't want to get any mod to deal with this dilemma. I already have many mod/hacks to make certain gameplay easier, but not a big fan of daytime vampire (I like the older myths about them) and it sounded like you suggested to move the mod in everytime its daytime, well, thats seems like a bit of hassle if thats the case.

EDIT: With older myth, I'm not refering to ancient/pre-historical ones.
Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 7:41 PM
No, I meant to have the vampires work in shifts. Oops.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 10:06 PM
Vampires traditionally kept to themselves so any staff would have to be trusted to be quiet or a vampire themselves. Perhaps a non vampire butler who is very disfigured and not wanted by other high society could work as a live in.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 10:33 PM
Vampires have Igors to serve them, so perhaps a zombie? That way you could use a Sim who had already died, if you're running short of living Sims to act as servants.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 10:37 PM
That was kind of what I was thinking of but didn't know what to call it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 10:50 PM
Now that I think of it. I've 50 founders who have an average of six children, I probably could keep two of the offsprings for my vampire clans which are only two families (plus the future spares, but I have a rule where they're not allowed to have children as frequent so there is at least one rotation/5 days between each birth. I changed back again to my regulare 1 day=1 year lifespan. I said I would prolong it in the toddler thread but changed my mind. )

JoandSarah:
Thats how visualized vampires and other supernaturals along with the criminals and "brothel ladies". They won't hang around with the ones from the upper status so choosing the actual sims is where I feel a bit lost over.

Blue Angel:
That's going to take awhile . My founders are only halfway through adults and I rarely kill them intentionally unless its for a story plot I do have a mod that allow me to change life states though.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 10:58 PM
Well unless you have plans for a sim maybe roll a dice.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 1:28 AM
Have not yet turned any sim to a Vampire.
I have always hired Nanny if all guardians were going to be absent from lot at any time.

if Nannies were to be disallowed, possibilities on what I would do::
-find some career combination that would allow Child & younger to be supervised at all times.
-have at least one guardian quit job and stay home.
-somehow get a jobless neighbor over to the lot and somehow keep that visitor's needs high while the guardians are away.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 1:30 AM
I'd have them build a servo and use it as a live-in butler.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#13 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
I don't want to get any mod to deal with this dilemma. I already have many mod/hacks to make certain gameplay easier, but not a big fan of daytime vampire (I like the older myths about them)

Well if you like the older myths about them, then you should be a-ok with daytime vampires. Vampires burning in the sun was an invention of Hollywood during the silent film era.
Dracula went about daytime London just fine (he just couldn't use his vampiric powers in the sunlight), and the very original, Slavic vampires were more like zombies than the intelligent and seductive creatures classical literature made out of them.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 2:21 AM Last edited by Florentzina : 3rd Dec 2016 at 2:41 AM. Reason: rephrased my sentences
Orphalesion
I'm not somebody who read exact facts about which vampire is from which era, but to clarify, with older myth, I'm not talking very ancient views on vampires, just not vampires like the Twilight or the story that released in the 21th centuary. It just the way I visual the sim vampire to be (Now, I do enjoy the twilight films and others like that, but in a sim world, I just dont like that kind of vibe). Most aspects of the Dracula films are fine, though it might not be super old.

and beside, a vampire strolling around during daytime is not much different to a "human" sim. I don't let them live that much longer than regulare sims and thats why I don't like daytime vampires. Sure it would make child bearing easier in the game, but to me it would just feel like I playing a sim who can bite other sims and defeat the purpose of playing vampire life state.
Scholar
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 2:29 AM
I had a vampire dad. Horrible failure. He never spent anytime with his kids. So I have a mod where vamps don't get hurt inside during the day. As long as they stay inside.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 3:27 AM
Indoor daytime vampires are rather Buffy/Angel-style, provided you pretend all the curtains are closed. I'd have them sleep through most of the day, but be up in the morning and evening. A human's schedule reversed, perhaps, sleeping 10 am-6 pm. Doesn't fully fix the thing about childcare, though.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I'd have them build a servo and use it as a live-in butler.

http://simwardrobe.com/ has servo chore controller and..
if you think servo is too much modern, there is bigfoot in the box.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 12:04 AM
Why would you need anything? Feed the baby, put her in the bouncer or crib and leave her until the next time the adults wake up. Okay, turn off your sound, too, for the sake of your sanity. Sim babies can go 24 hours between bottles without starving. For the toddler, have a pet bed the toddler can put himself into and a bottle in inventory or pet food. Your vampires will have unhappy crying stinky babies and toddlers, but that's how it goes.

Or make snapdragons/collect Jumboks, Gutentagens, and Stars, and use those to keep baby/toddler needs up while the adults and teens are unavailable. Then they will be happy babies and toddlers.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#19 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 6:43 AM
I've a mod which I use, where I make human into ghouls from bites, but make them like day servants.

I was going to suggest that. Storywise, that seems to make the most sense to me, that one of your vampires would abduct another sim, turn him/her into a ghoul and force them to be their servant. Or, if there was a sim who wanted to turn, they'd have to serve the vampires for a bit first. Either way, you'd have childcare covered. I like the first option though, for it's story potential. Cuz if vampires are running around town abducting sims, that's going to make the normal population upset, maybe even upset enough to start a war. And then, for the sims that are abducted, maybe they start to like living with vampires and want to stay and forget about their former lives. Or maybe they do return home but now act as a liason between regular sims and supernaturals and help keep the two groups from trying to destroy each other.

But, if you don't like any of those options, then yeah, one of your vampires will have to do the childcare. As long as the vampire isn't outside, their needs shouldn't tank too fast--they should have enough time to get a bottle and change diapers for babies and toddlers can fend for themselves during the day, either through the use of pet items or with CC like sleeping mats and an infinite bottle.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#20 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 8:14 AM
If you're going for traditional vampires then don't let them have children. After all they are undead.
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 9:35 PM
Ummmm... feel this thread backfired a little.
I don't want to sounds too "grouchy", but it feels like people on here just suggest indirectly that I shouldn't play them at all. I asked about CHILD CARE, not a history class about different definition of vampires.

Raising kids is irrelevant to what kind of sims you are playing, whether they are inspired by dracula, buffy etc. I just stated in the first post that I don't like the children wont go to school as my *own* vampire cannot be seen in the daylight and that I don't like using NPC for my own personal reasons and TBH this thread could have been about normal sim family who is busy with their day job (long hour business sims?) by raising a few kids, by shunned by the society.

Is there something wrong with the way I ask the questions in these sort of threads? Why do people always throw you history lectures when you mentioned what you don't like for game styles? (of course, i don't mind if you mention your preferences as this was a general thread, but sometimes it sounds like people on there try to convince the OP to play like that to make the game easier).

Anyway, because I had my farming "peasant" sims have so many kids, I guess I will just have the vampire "kidnap" random ones and make them into "ghouls" (servants), as continuing on the thread doesn't seems come anywhere (except for the first few reply's).
Mad Poster
#22 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 9:39 PM
Relax. A thread is a conversation. People are gonna talk about what interests them, and thread drift is inevitable.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 9:40 PM
Threads in general chat always wonder around and go down rabbit trails, it's no reflection on you just people chatting. I think you had plenty of good suggestions what with snap dragons, servos, Bigfeet and Igor's.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 9:49 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 5th Dec 2016 at 10:02 PM.
I am relaxed, but sometimes I wondering the thread gets misunderstood becausese I'm not a native English speaker.... which I get frequently in real life too so I guess Im a bit sensitive. It's usaully topics you are inspired by but don't have full knowledge of (which make it harder to explain it) and people tends to correcting your "mistakes" instead engaged in the main topic.

but true, a "how do YOU play" thread seriously is easier to discuss than "HOW to play" thread type.

ETA: JoandSarah.
....or perhaps the topic were too vague to variety of game styles or outside the maxi ones... Vassal/butler ones were the only ones that I could use in my own game though because I don't play the others (but might help others) as I've some rules I was inspired by BACC, RKC and TOT related to those suggestions Like for example, only allowing royals to own robots made by witches/warlocks (which I use a knight-armor default on to make them less modern), but since supernaturals tends to "frown upon", I guess I could tweak that rule. :p

EDIT 2: Just realized I didn't saw one of the replies, Phantomknight one.
Alchemist
#25 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 10:32 PM
I am relaxed, but sometimes I wondering the thread gets misunderstood becausese I'm not a native English speaker....
Welcome to forums. It's probably not anything you did. I wouldn't take it to heart.
Page 1 of 2