Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:28 PM
Default EA Play: "The Sims" is particating this (2018) early summer
Let's speculate what it could be. Seasons? New Spin-off? TS5?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:33 PM
They'll most likely announce Seasons, considering the recent mini-leaks, the answered Seasons-related question by a Guru and the item description for one of the new hidden unused wallpapers that was present in the most recent patch. A Spin-Off is highly improbable, they just launched that (horrible) Sims Mobile game, I doubt any more spin-off type Sims games are in the cards. (at least not any time soon) As for the Sims 5...eh I don't think so, maybe next year honestly...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:40 PM
TS4 on Nintendo switch would be fucking sweet (at a reasonable price).
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 10:57 PM
I wonder what The Sims 4 Season will bring out. Spooky Stuff Pack was released so what the autumn will be like? Will rolling skate and snowboard make a return or will they only be reserved for stuff packs? Will there be a new world? Hmmmm...

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 11:52 PM
I'd rank it, from most to least probable:

Sims 4 Seasons
Some other Sims 4 EP - possibly University? But the Big 2 EPs in any incarnations of Sims are Seasons and Pets, and we've already had Pets.
Sims 5
Inventor
#6 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 12:33 AM
Perhaps some new online features from the scrapped Olympus Project? Something like TS3 Simport?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 6:28 AM
It's definitely it seasons. I'm highly speculating that TS5 will be at E3
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 6:37 AM
I really hope there is info. soon about and if regarding 5. And if 5 comes out I hope they look forward instead of backwards next time. Figure out a good mix of the best features of 2 and 3 and I would be a happy camper. Not cater to the 12s and the lowest end computers. I have made it to all the jungle locations and am bored with 4 again and back working in CAW again. I want a game that holds my interest again.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 9:36 AM
if they continue will just be a repeat of what sims 4 had just new ideas too same content.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 12:54 PM
I am not expecting a TS5, or at least not without a gap of some years before they come back to it.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 1:40 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 11th Mar 2018 at 5:24 PM.
It's specifically Sims 4. I dont expect news of sims 5 in about 2 years minimum.

If it were about sims 5 I think they would not specify it being the 4th installment but would mention it like the name of the franchise. "The Sims" only.

So yeah, either seasons, or some kind of... apology? I would never, EVER expect the latter tho.
But at least some form of communication improvement? Meh. It was too long since anything changed, and only progressively got worse, so my hopes are low. Still existent tho.
Instructor
#12 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:54 PM
Season most likely going to be the next Expansion and probably going to talk about at the EA Play in June. There's hits and speculation about it.

https://simsvip.com/2017/11/17/sims...expansion-pack/
https://simsvip.com/2018/02/18/sims...ined-one-world/
https://simsvip.com/2018/03/04/ea-c...s-in-the-works/
https://simsvip.com/2018/03/04/aoth...sims-4-seasons/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:07 PM
It is specified (according to from what I gather from sims VIP) that they're bringing new experience to TS4, so the next sequel game is out of the question.
Theorist
#14 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
It is specified (according to from what I gather from sims VIP) that they're bringing new experience to TS4, so the next sequel game is out of the question.

It doesn't really matter anyway in the end, they haven't managed to make a good sequel to Sims 2 until now, so why would Sims 5 be any different?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 5:12 PM
What I'm really wondering is why they say it's a "new experience" if people are speculating another Seasons/Weather themed expansion. I genuinely hope they do announce Seasons, but why would they call it a "new experience" if we've had Seasons/Weather in the past? Unless they plan to put a twist on this kind of expansion or something. Could it be an entirely new theme for a new expansion all together? I just hope they don't disappoint with whatever they do bring out, considering they're hyping it up so much.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 6:19 PM
New experience as in TS4 only.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 6:37 PM
New TS4 experience?

Improved sims?

Open world?

CAST?

Or just plain 'new' half assed EP?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
New TS4 experience?

Improved sims?

Open world?

CAST?

Or just plain 'new' half assed EP?

I think a lot of us would be incredibly happy if it became open world but I think that'd be too much work for the development team. But who knows?
Mad Poster
#19 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 7:34 PM
Wow, they're finally making another expansion pack?
Theorist
#20 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luxford
I think a lot of us would be incredibly happy if it became open world but I think that'd be too much work for the development team. But who knows?

TBH I place CaSt as a priority slightly above open world, but maybe that's just me. It's mildly game breaking especially since this team seems to not understand how colours work :\

If I want something to come in green that neither means lime, nor babyshit. Just like burgundy is not red, turquoise is not blue, and if I have to look at bright magenta instead of a pale lavender one more time I'm going to stab my fucking eyes out.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 8:11 PM
I bet it's nothing groundbreaking....that's for sure. Just what other consoles people can play the game on and have access to the exchange and shit like that. OH yeah and that this version of the Sims is never going to end and we are all screwed.

Que Dream music:
***Dear Paradox, Colossal Order, and Frontier Gods of gaming, Please please please make all our dreams come true and bless us all with a Sandbox Sims Like Life Simulator game that will have a Finished Fully Loaded base game with pets, weather, supernaturals, tons and tons of building, landscaping and color tools to choose from. Please give us a main menu to check off the features we want and don't want in our game playing experience along with it being graphically fantastical and work with new OS systems. We promise to be good boys and girls, we will pre-order and jump for joy when EA get's kicked to the curb along with their half assed game development team and scummy business practices.... We love you... Peace out!******

Oh shit... Did I say that out loud??? I must be drunk.
Theorist
#22 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
I bet it's nothing groundbreaking....that's for sure. Just what other consoles people can play the game on and have access to the exchange and shit like that. OH yeah and that this version of the Sims is never going to end and we are all screwed.

Que Dream music:
***Dear Paradox, Colossal Order, and Frontier Gods of gaming, Please please please make all our dreams come true and bless us all with a Sandbox Sims Like Life Simulator game that will have a Finished Fully Loaded base game with pets, weather, supernaturals, tons and tons of building, landscaping and color tools to choose from. Please give us a main menu to check off the features we want and don't want in our game playing experience along with it being graphically fantastical and work with new OS systems. We promise to be good boys and girls, we will pre-order and jump for joy when EA get's kicked to the curb along with their half assed game development team and scummy business practices.... We love you... Peace out!******

Oh shit... Did I say that out loud??? I must be drunk.

I agree with everything in your dream except supernaturals. As much as I love them I understand other people not wanting to pay for something that significant they're never going to use. It something that should -- understandably so -- come in it's own DLC

Also I think it's asking a bit much from a base game

Then again, it is called a "dream" and not a "reasonable compromise" for a reason. Carry on.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
I agree with everything in your dream except supernaturals. As much as I love them I understand other people not wanting to pay for something that significant they're never going to use. It something that should -- understandably so -- come in it's own DLC

Also I think it's asking a bit much from a base game

Then again, it is called a "dream" and not a "reasonable compromise" for a reason. Carry on.

That's why I was thinking of a menu that peeps could just check off what they did and didn't want... kinda like what TS3 did after that supernatural EP came out. That was kinda a nice touch. But yes... it's a dream... it was out loud...but yes a dream.

The game looks soooooo coool in my dream.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by luxford

From statements by gurus, I get the impression that open world is flatly impossible for Sims 4, because of the overall design of the game.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 1:18 AM
Not sure if this is related but I don't know where else to post it either, so - https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...omment_16408811
Quote:
Hello all,
This quarter we will not be releasing a teaser.
Although, there will not be a new Sims Quarterly Teaser, stay tuned as we have some exciting news to share with you soon. The good news: we’re working on some great stuff!
Thank you for your patience and keep an eye on the forums and other official Sims channels for more info as it becomes available.
This is... weird?
Page 1 of 2