Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 4:39 PM
Default Playing with a Cyberpunk/Futuristic theme.
I have already seen that lots of people play in a medieval themed game, but I also wanted to know if someone plays (or played or attempted to play) the game in a Cyberpunk/Futuristic setting.

If you play(ed) with this theme, what kinds of CC and Mods do you use to "get rid" of the early 2000's look of the vanilla game and be immersed in the setting? Where is the best place to find them?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 5:51 AM Last edited by blupest : 27th Jun 2016 at 6:10 AM.
When I began my (simblu) Simblr, back in October 2015, I was playing a sci-fi Sims 2 game set in the custom neighborhood of Sedona (from this site).

First two months of posts in my simblr feature a lot of Sims 2 sci-fi content, if you want to go thru it, but I will try to post some links to get you started at least because I don't have a Sims 2 cc page on my blog as I do for Sims 3 stuff I use now. (My Sims 2 cc credits are within the body of my Sims 2 postings...duh..I now do things more efficiently and have a Sims 3 cc page)

I am currently playing Sims 3 and just finished a cyberpunked world project, (shown on my blog, see archives, I do lots of diffy sci-fi themes) so, I get what you want to do.

Futuristic encompasses a lot of possible looks, so may be a bit easier in Sims 2 than cyberpunk, which is a very much more specific kinda futuristic theme, because there is not really any neighborhood buildings that are grungy and darker colored with bright neon lights.. a la Bladerunner, for example. You COULD build tall buildings yourself using wallpapers and objects, and there are a limited number of "neon" lights you could place on them, but it will be a lot of work! I'd LOVE to see it when you are done!

Some Sims 2 links to get you on your way: (pix of everything in an actual game setting in first two months of my "simblu" archive, but my sims 2 NH look is more "silly futuristic" than cyberpunk )

From here: first of all, search the term sci-fi in the Sims 2 category. Theres a lot of nice stuff that would fit a futuristic theme and some grungy stuff as well.

other sites:
For some alien terrains and other things: http://omicronsimtauri.livejournal.com

For lots of neighborhood deco that looks trashed/post apocalyptic: http://psychosim.livejournal.com

Sci-fi deco skyscapers can be found at TSR, creator is Sgoobysnacks. They are kinda brightly colored..maybe you could recolor them to make them look more cyberpunk? That would be cool.

Cyclonesue , also at TSR, has a lot of stuff you could use, such as sci-fi toppers for buildings, loads of grunge stuff

*will return to edit later as I find more links for ye*
Cradle of Darkness has some apocalyptic themed sets and some lots that could work in a cyberpunk setting : http://kativip.ucoz.ru/load/?page9
Lots of trashed looking grunge items and clothes at Garden of Shadows..just look at the various Sims 2 forum categories.

ok..I think I've given you a start..if I think of anything else I will come back to this. Feel free to pm me with link if you do show pix of your project anyplace..I would be very interested to follow what you do.

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Scholar
#3 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 6:50 PM
Pixelhate and xanathon did some similar stuff. I love xanathon's stuff but it has no place in my game.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.