Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 2:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The matchmaker won't stay
I've had this issue before but I can't for the life of me remember how to fix it. My teen sim (living alone with 2 toddlers) is trying to get a date. She can ring the matchmaker fine, she says she's coming, then she appears at the edge of the lot before vanishing immediately! Anyone else had this problem? What's the solution?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 3:07 PM
Any chance you have the Visitor Controller on that lot? It blocks the matchmaker by default
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 3:09 PM
Even if you have not it on lot if it is default settings, it will block gypsy. Buy him Visitor controller and unblock gypsy.
Theorist
#4 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 6:20 PM
Find a mate crystal ball will show 5 sims with highest compatibility with your sim. You can set preferences for age, gender, etc to weed out undesirable choices. The sim will appear on the lot if you choose one of them. Info on the site and there is a read me in the zip. Find it in buy mode, misc., party and cost $1000.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 10:44 PM
I don't find the ball gives me any kind of better choices than the gypsy, but at least once it's bought it brings sims for free.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#6 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 9:21 PM
I like the crystal ball to keep the gypsy away considering she's set on default for visitor controller, also if the ball shows unsafe sims who shouldn't be dated in the first place, you can ignore those ones unless the preference settings ignore them already. I agree about the reuse too, I leave it under the house or some where hidden for later use. (:

Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I don't find the ball gives me any kind of better choices than the gypsy, but at least once it's bought it brings sims for free.

And it shouldn't bring forth any NPCs it shouldn't ... and you can choose from five. Didn't some people mention that occasionally, the matchmaker would bring over the Social Worker? Or am I imagining I read that?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 10:56 PM
My issue with the ball is I have an all playable neighborhood and it refuses to show playables so it's kind of useless. It has a setting for playable and it simply doesn't work. I wish someone could fix it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#9 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 2:36 AM
It shows playables for me @joandsarah77
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 3:11 AM
The crystal ball has one big issue. It shows only 5 sims. If you don't want no one of them, crystal ball is useless. Gypsy gives you more variety.
Actually I started to use more Cyjon's pizza box to check every walkby about attraction score and if score is pretty high I will send my sim out to talk with them.
Same on community lot. No more scope room, just quick check everyone who is present. Pause button is your friend.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 4:33 AM
Well maybe that was it, because it decided the 5 sims to show would be NPC and vacation sims. I only wanted it to show playables but no matter how I tried to alter it those five still showed.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#12 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 6:54 PM
If your seeking a playable for your sim set it to ignore all sims except playable, set to ignore ages you don't want, set preferred gender and what ever other choices there may be. The ball will now choose 5 sims who are the most compatible with yours. It takes into consideration the personality, likes and dislikes and gender preference. If too many others are compatible, it may not show the one you want. It's been awhile since I used it and don't play right now, but I'm pretty sure your settings are mostly what you don't want. (:

Site Helper
#13 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
And it shouldn't bring forth any NPCs it shouldn't ... and you can choose from five. Didn't some people mention that occasionally, the matchmaker would bring over the Social Worker? Or am I imagining I read that?

I never saw the social worker, but I had one poor Romance teen who was set up with a long string of Elders (for FULL PRICE!) until I cheated her into Platinum Aspiration and then cheated to buy them the renu-you orb to change her turn ons...
And then the gypsy set her up with the Grim Reaper.

She became a knowledge sim after that. No more blind dates from the gypsy.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook