Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
For the Tricou memories, load their lots (House of Fallen Trees and graveyard) once and save the game. I don't know why, but that fixes all their memories for me in a new neighborhood and before that I get those same messages with HoodChecker.

Those make up the majority of your remaining errors. As for the rest, you could probably fix those with SimPE. Memories with weird subjects are sometimes a symbol of corruption - for example, I once had a memory where a sim remembered his golden anniversary with a chair - but they're easily fixable.

One thing I wanted to ask: I see some Veronaville names in there. Is this the regular Maxis Veronaville or a fixed version?

As for your original question, the error log has shrunk down to a very managable size, especially if the Tricou memories are as harmless as they seem, and there is no sign of a sim having been deleted. So I'd say, make regular backups from now on and occasionally run HoodChecker and remove the clutter and there's no reason why your neighborhood shouldn't be okay. Maybe look into the Essential Mods thread and get stuff like No Sim Loaded if you don't have it already.

Back in the days, I did not know about what's OK to do or not and I still not know if it's OK to play the "Hause of fallen trees" but i remember that I did try to use it once, very far back. I did try to use it like a usual lot but had to abandon the idea as I did get some serious graphic problems whit the sims living there.

I'm don't know for sure if I have SimPE on the computer but I can search for it (I remember download it but as it can bork the game if used wrong, I may have uninstalled it as well). If I do find it, are there something special I should search for?

I'm not sure what you do ment whit the question but maybe you want to know if the Veronaville I play is the hood that was shipped whit the game or a downloaded one. If so, the answer is that it is the hood "from the box", not an download.

So if I do get you right, you do say that my hood is OK? Is that so? If so, I'm happy. Yes, I have done some bad things but the problem is that EA don't tell you what is right or wrong. If they did had wrote down a list of the things that you are not supposed to do it would be better. In example: You can delete sims from sim bin. If that is a bad thing to do, why can I do it? It's stupid! Well, if my hood is OK, I will not be so angry.

I did not back up the game yesterday as I did not have the time to test it fully. But I should do that when I have the time. I did think I spotted a problem whit my vampire sim (she is a vampire from the game). I did use her to try out a new com-lot and when she did get home I thought she lost her relations. After a restart (exit whitout saving and when the lot was restarted she did did return home) she was OK so that must have been me looking at the wrong relations bar.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 2:42 PM
All hoods that shipped with the game are corrupt to one degree or another and it would be best if you get the cleaned and fixed version at http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

She went in and fixed every thing you can fix and made them better to play without all the corrupting data getting in the way.

After letting hood checker fix what it can you should be ok to play your hood again.

Just remember you are on borrowed time with this hood because of all the corruption it had before you started to play it and there is no guarantee on how much longer it will play, it could play for another 5 years or it could crash and burn tomorrow.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Forum Resident
#28 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 4:12 PM
The House of Fallen Trees is safe to play, the Tricou ghosts can be revived and are fully playable. I guess it's a big lot and it has some weird lighting.

As for SimPE, it's a bit more risky to use than HoodChecker, because it allows you to mess with your files any way you want. Again, as long as you make a backup before you change anything, you're always safe.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 4:26 PM
SimPE is a heavy program that lets you edit a lot of things about your neighbourhoods, things that cannot be modified from within the game.

For instance here, it could be used to manually delete each one of those memories that still appear in the report.

However it's not a very user-friendly program and if you're not already using it, it might be best to leave things as they are for now. Maybe some day when you have more time and are curious to use it, you can download and try it.

I would still make regular back ups, and run the Hood Checker now and then to let it clean the generic trash, and to check that everything is still fine
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 5:30 PM
OK, good to know. Thank you for all your help everybody.
Page 2 of 2