Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 6:19 AM
Default Looking for Gypsy and Circus Ideas (Non-vanilla)
This thread overlaps with WCIF.

Ive always liked the idea of adding a small group of bohemian/gypsy-ish sims who own some kind of circus/amusement-ish venues and has that kind of "gypsy"/70's lifestyle but not sure how to add the concept to my own hood.

The vanilla/maxi objects doesn't offer much stuff and I dont dare to download circus object as I don't want to have any custom NPC's in my hoods, other than clothes and the Entertainment career track, which I honnestly cant visual what kind of career it is. Just like the criminal track, the levels feels a bit "random".

Does anybody on here run these kind of circuses/amusement parks (not the animal ones, but the entaintment kind of venues), What do you use and how do you run them? Any custom object/hack suggestions that dont need CC NPCS? (I dont download lots so i'm only curious about the objects. I heard about several like carousels, but they seems have a npc)
Also, how you interpret the Entertainment Career, such as what kind of sims do you visual this career to be for?
Something else to discuss regarding this topic?

In real life, Ive never been interested in circuses and gone tired of amusements when I was younger, so Im not so e:xperiences in this department, but my sims wont live the life based on my hobby/lifestyle preferences.

Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 7:57 AM
C&K recently said on a thread here somewhere that the carousel does not have an NPC. http://322cdb.livejournal.com/151366.html

I don't mind NPC's so I will be using a few downloads with them. I am planning a fair type place but haven't started on it yet. C&K also has popcorn and hotdogs, which do count as custom food either. Again that is what she said.

I have a pc sims download based on the dart board, but it's a can throw. It might be on the graveyard. I'll have to look and see what it's called.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#3 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 9:27 AM
Am in the same position. I got a family in mind, but very few ideas on what a circus like place looks like in the sims 2. I'm gonna use that electro ball thing, a person spinning in a ball should be a spectacle. I know it should have color and tents, so i've downloaded a ton of s3 conversions from Verenka, I think the fake backdrop things will work very well. Maybe they'll have some dogs, so they can use the Sims 2 petstories equipment converted by affinity sims. The parents can spin the kids around, the children can do cartwheels, I think that's acrobatic. And maybe the family will all be able to do yoga, meditate and teleport, so they all look like magicians.

That's it, apart from some popcorn and a dartboard, I'm totally stumped. So right now there's just a lot in the forest with a couple of bright chairs and a few trees on it.