Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:08 PM
Default Funniest/Favorite Maxis Made Object Name?
I want to know what everybody's Favorite Object Name is. Mine is the "Hey, Hey it's the Monkey Bars". The Monkees were a band like the Beatles in the 60's and their theme song was Hey Hey, It's the Monkees. I was building a playground the other day and I ran across the name!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 9:18 AM
I like the "Here and There Thing" - the end table - both the name and the table
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 1:26 PM
Banned
#4 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 1:54 PM
That maths equation of a lounge chair. Did anyone figure it out, anyway?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 4:08 PM
I always like the light that this lamp throws, and the description is just so cute!

Check out my building creations!
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 5:52 PM
OMG...that lamp made me fall in love. Thanks !
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 3:10 AM
Mister Bearlybutts (the little panda chair or whatever)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 3:25 AM
I love this one:

Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 3:46 AM
On a larger scale, while there's certainly some good puns and jokes and double ententes to be found in the names of TS2 items and elements, are there others who feel that TS1 still holds sway in that issue? I haven't played TS1 in quite some time, yet I can still recall more of the names and descriptions from its catalog than I can those from TS2...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 11:19 AM
Prisoner of Azkalamp!

Zarathustra > Hungry, Hungry, Hamsters! I loved the description as well.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 12:25 PM

Maxis get bonus points for a Hitch Hiker's Guide reference.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 1:03 PM
I only have the Stories installed in English, so here's some Castaways humour:

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 7:47 PM
I have the game installed in Norwegian, so I guess there is little point in me sharing any quotes from the catalog. But I have to say that the translations are very good, and there are many funny descriptions in the Norwegian version as well. There's for example a wall called "Es war eine schöne Wand, ein" (that's German), which is said to be a "überwall". The description also contains a phrase ("Ja, Helga!") which I take as a reference to the British sitcom "'Allo 'allo". This show had several German characters and was very popular over here.