Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 9:32 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 31st Jan 2016 at 10:19 AM.
Getting help on Hoodchecker log file?
Hi.

I did see an other thread about deleted sims and immediately got a bad feeling because I did do that (and other stuff) for some years ago. Now, I have Hoodchecker and have been running it one or twice but I dont know how to read out the information and I thought, there must be a lot of intelligence on MTS, maybe they can help. The log is quite long and as I don't know how to read it I don't see what's demage my game have been dragged through after all this years (playing the same hood since 2009 or so). So can I post a log here and get help reading it? What can be helped, what can be a major theath and so on? This hood is my "one and all" so to speak, I have been playing for so long and done so mush that I do not want to loose it. Local time is 22:27 and it's too late to get the log now (it's on an other computer, this is my Linux computer) but I can add the link tomorrow.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 11:52 PM
Sure, just save it as a text file and either upload it here, or copy/paste it under a spoiler.
How much help you will be able to get, who knows, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I can already tell you that everything under the "Sim Relations" category is usually nothing and the Hood Checker can clean that.

(And if it's any comfort, I think most of us deleted sims before we heard it was a bad thing to do^^).
Theorist
#3 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Sure, just save it as a text file and either upload it here, or copy/paste it under a spoiler.
How much help you will be able to get, who knows, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I can already tell you that everything under the "Sim Relations" category is usually nothing and the Hood Checker can clean that.

(And if it's any comfort, I think most of us deleted sims before we heard it was a bad thing to do^^).

Deletin sims is a bad thing?

(said tongue in cheek *grin*)
Forum Resident
#4 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 8:13 AM
Before you send the whole thing, have HoodChecker fix everything that can be fixed, so that only the real bad stuff is left. There will probably be hundreds of "Invalid Relationship with self", which can easily be removed.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 11:51 AM Last edited by Mrmo : 30th Jan 2016 at 9:12 PM.
To bad I did not read your post earlier "Ovenhole".

Anyway, I did get a log. It's not the complete log as Hoodchecker did not handle it (log was 30 000kb and building) so the program froza a couple of times. But I got a short log and there will be a lot of "invalide relations whit self". Now, as I did tell you there were a sim who got deleted. I'm not sure but her name could be "Tracy Thompson". I did not find her in the simbin and if she would be in game I would know. You will find a family named "Von Goldhertz". It was a family I did move to an other hood using a not so clever methode. One of the family members are still in the hood first and her name is "Martina". There is an other familymember too but she have an other last name as she did get married.

So, I do post the txt file here and hope that someone can read it. Sorry, I could not add the txt as it was to big. And I can not do spoilers. A mod can make it a spoiler if wanted.

Forum Resident
#6 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 12:31 PM
Well, everything under Sim Relations and Memories looks like the regular, fixable stuff. The Tricou Incorrect Subject Instances always pop up for me until I load their lots once.

Weirdly enough, you have no entries for User File Warnings, aka deleted character files, even though you've deleted a sim. Did you just miss that part? And maybe you should upload the shorter log after you've fixed everything, because it's impossible to find anything in here.

Banned
#7 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 2:05 PM
Put that stuff under a spoiler tag, please. Christ, that's huge.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
Put that stuff under a spoiler tag, please. Christ, that's huge.

OK, I should do that next time. But you may tell me how to do it because I can not. And I wanted to add the txt for download but it was over 200kb and it was not allowed to add so big files.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
OK, I should do that next time. But you may tell me how to do it because I can not. And I wanted to add the txt for download but it was over 200kb and it was not allowed to add so big files.

This'll let you know how to do it: http://www.modthesims.info/misc.php?do=bbcode#spoiler
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 9:30 PM
OK, it's now under a spoiler. Thanks for the help, it's fun to learn new things.

I just want to add some info here. I do not if the text file shows it but I did notice a issue today during play.

I was playing a dorm in the Uni sub hood and this lot had some isues the last time I used it (the sim did not get any mail). I did place the sim in an other dorm until he left the subhood and then I think I did replace the lot whit an copy (from lot bin). But for some reason the sim I did play at the lot still seems to be related to it. Wierd! There was phonecalls to him, objets in use and the byfriend did show up whit some flowers after a date they had. Well, i guess the lot is broken. In the same subhood I had some issues whit (non playable sims) showing up in pair on some lots (I.E liberys and so).

I did not answer your question from #6 Ovenhole and I correct that now. No, I did mot miss a part. I did post the log as it was. At least i hope so. Now, it's not the complete list whit all memories as the program could not handle all of the information at once (it froze and that more then once). That log would had been gigantic.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 10:08 PM
Did you try to make a shorter log like I told you? Just have HoodChecker fix all the errors it can fix and then check again for errors. The remaining ones will be all that matters anyway.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 10:38 PM
Not yet, will try that tomorrow (it's 23:36 and the wrongomputer is plugged in). Will do that tomorrow.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 10:29 AM
I wanted to write "wrong computer" but forgott to read the text before posting.

Anyway I was going to fix an shorter log today. But the program did put up a warning about that the function Remove were still in testing and it was said that the hood would be changed. now, you may think what you want about me but I have been spending so mush time whit this hood so I do not want to put it in any kind of danger at this point. So sorry, no shorter log. ( And when I mention putting my hood in danger I must write this: Yes, I did do no-no's but it was many years back when I did not know about corruption. I was not an MTS member back then either).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 11:52 AM
@Mrmo You should always make a backup before doing anything to a file that you value.

That way if something goes wrong, you can go back to the safe copy.

Here's a tutorial I wrote about a million years ago:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Back_Ups

If you make a safe backup of your neighbourhood, you can then use the Hood checker to fix problems without any worries.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 12:43 PM
Well, if you don't want to remove the errors, using HoodChecker or asking people to check the log file is useless anyway, since that's what it's designed for.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 2:52 PM
@Mrmo you have so many problems in that hood that is not going to last much longer if you don't start trying to clean it up.

Hood Checker works great even though it says in testing I have never had any problems with it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 4:01 PM
OK please calm down! I thought that someone could tell me if there were a problem by just reading the log file, just like some computer people who do not want to hear about the problems and asking what the log says. That's what I thought but that's My bad. End of story. Now, deep breath, no fighting.

Yes I do make backups. I do not know how you make them but I simply copy the entire sims 2 folder to two different locations. A, an other area on the hard drive and B, a usb stick. When copying to the flash drive some files will be copied whitout properties, whatever that means but windows Vista always says that.

I'm not unwilling to do anything but I'm very nervous to use a program that changes things in my game as I do not know exacly what it does. And the fact that the text did say "still in testing" does make me even more nervous aboute the thing. I fear that the program will do demage to the things that do work or worse. No, it's not what it's designed to do but computers are computers and they do bad things. However I will show good will and use the program next saturday. I do not want to plug in that computer now and I think that I have to check the hood for demages after the removal so nothing bad have happend. And that would be better to do that next week when I have the time. Now I have other things to do and I do not have the time to play on week days as I have a full time job.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Yes I do make backups. I do not know how you make them but I simply copy the entire sims 2 folder to two different locations.

That's just fine, you have a safe backup. When you next have time to play, you could copy the files again so that you are certain you have saved all of your progress. Then if you want to try the Hoodchecker, you will not have to worry about your neighbourhood.

The hoodchecker doesn't do anything to the game installation- just the neighbourhood files (Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods). There is no way that it can break your install.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 10:23 PM
Hoodchecker just lightly sweeps all the dirt out of your files. It does not change them at all.

It's actually the first and only way so far to clean up any neighborhood. I wouldn't run my game without checking it at least once a play session, including the newer neighborhoods I've made. It's a game saver, for sure!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 1:36 AM
The reason I didn't suggest you use the "remove" option before posting the log, is that if there are graves stuck in limbo, the Hood Checker would ask where to move them to, which can be stressful if you hadn't thought about it and wasn't prepared to answer that question :p

You don't have any lost graves so that doesn't apply. You can safely use the "Remove" option, despite the Warning you get (the warning is there for that very reason, to remind you that you should have a back up copy before doing anything, and it's a disclaimer that you are using a non-official tool at your own risks). The Hood Checker will not remove anything but trash like the trash under "Sim Relations", its creator made things that way on purpose, so it wouldn't wipe things that maybe the player doesn't want wiped. Those were left to the player to decide and remove manually.
Also please note that after you do the "Remove" thing, you will have the same huge report with everything that has been changed and everything that was left untouched, so you will know exactly what the Hood Checker has done.

The memories you will unfortunately have to remove manually yourself. I've spent hours doing the same thing when I discovered the wonderful tool that is the Hood Checker, my main neighbourhoods are very old (same as yours, 2008/2009) and even without all the VBT I've done, trash just accumulates.
You could start (also after making a back up copy) by cleaning a bit of the mess in game by using the adequate options on Pescado's batbox. Memory/Clear gossip/ All boring at least, and remove attraction markers, as well as corrupt memories when the option appears). The "All Boring" gossip is gossip that is too old to actually be used as gossip again, so it litters the sim's memory in vain.

I see nothing special about your Memories errors. Like Ovenhole said, you have nothing under User File Warnings, that's good.

The Family Ties errors I'm not sure about. I don't know if the Hood Checker removes those or if you have to do it, I think it does but I usually have nothing in that category.

Well, anyway, cleaning old hoods is always interesting so let us know what you end up doing
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 5:44 PM
Thank you for the kind words . Now I feel better and know more about the program and what it does. OK, I'm going to try it out next weekend and hpoefully it will work just as greate as you all say it will. I can post the log if you want to or run the program once more first to see what got left behind.

I do not have Pescado's batbox but thanks for the tip. I guess I could delete the cach files too because, I have never done that before. It's been said it's a good thing to do but I have never done it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 7:02 PM
OK. I have not been playing yet but here is some logs. First the one whit the things the program claimed to have fixed

Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 7:03 PM
Then the log whit errors that are still in game

Forum Resident
#24 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 8:33 PM
For the Tricou memories, load their lots (House of Fallen Trees and graveyard) once and save the game. I don't know why, but that fixes all their memories for me in a new neighborhood and before that I get those same messages with HoodChecker.

Those make up the majority of your remaining errors. As for the rest, you could probably fix those with SimPE. Memories with weird subjects are sometimes a symbol of corruption - for example, I once had a memory where a sim remembered his golden anniversary with a chair - but they're easily fixable.

One thing I wanted to ask: I see some Veronaville names in there. Is this the regular Maxis Veronaville or a fixed version?

As for your original question, the error log has shrunk down to a very managable size, especially if the Tricou memories are as harmless as they seem, and there is no sign of a sim having been deleted. So I'd say, make regular backups from now on and occasionally run HoodChecker and remove the clutter and there's no reason why your neighborhood shouldn't be okay. Maybe look into the Essential Mods thread and get stuff like No Sim Loaded if you don't have it already.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 8:50 PM
Well that's great! I was left with a lot more memories not fixed when I first ran the HC.

I also don't remember having all those Tricou errors but what Ovenhole says about them explains it: since my Tricous had already been played the first time I tried the Hood Checker, I guess all that stuff had been "autofixed".

Now I would just keep making regular back up copies of the neighbourhood(s), in case something goes wrong at some point (which is always a possibility), but otherwise that looks like a harmless and very generic Hood Checker report, thankfully!
Page 1 of 2