Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 8:29 PM
Default Graphics Rules Maker force texture memory
Just reinstalled Ultimate Collection and would like to get back into playing it on my new PC with a GTX 980 Ti. Of course, I downloaded the wonderful Graphics Rules maker tool and used that to add my card to the database, disable sim shadows, and force my resolution. But should I change the "Force texture memory" section? The website says you can do this for high quality graphics, and set it to the Texture Memory listed under the Device Info tab, which for me is 4095 Mb. Right now I have it set to Do Not Force. Should I set it to my full 4085 Mb or is that pointless/harmful? I read somewhere that if you use a card that isn't originally in the database it'll force it to 32 Mb, and that'll result in low quality textures. Thing is, I don't know how to tell whether it's doing this for me. Help would be appreciated
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 9:13 PM
Default Bloop bloop perfect link for you
/\I don't even know why. /\
Anyway, I think you might get better help in the Sims 2 Help section. LINK
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 11:24 PM
I think you should set the game to recognize more than 32mb of texture memory. That way the textures aren't compressed. And you're able to use 4gb rather than 32mb, so why not?

Here's a more detailed look at the game's Graphics Rules from the MTS wikipedia.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!