Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 10:35 AM
Default How can I set always the same season in community lot?
Hello! I am playing with Desiderata Valley and I would like to create a community lot using a beach lot, so my sims can go swimming in the ocean and enjoy seaside-life. Would it be possible to set always summer on that lot? I would like to create it in Desiderata Valley, not in another Subhood (there are not beach lot there anyway). Thanks
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 12:43 PM
The season set on lot is always the season of the playable lot you've come from. I don't think it's changeable though there are mods that allow you to create weather on the hoof.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 2:42 PM
To be more specific, it's always the same day on the seasonal dial, which would be the same season as the playable lot in the same neighborhood. If a household is in a hood set to spring/summer/fall/winter, and on the third day of spring a member goes to a community lot in a subhood set to winter/spring/summer/fall, it will be the third day of winter on the community lot.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 7:10 PM
So, to extend that, if you want it to be always summer at the beach, create a subhood (Desiderata Beach?), set it to always-summer and put the beach (and any other lot on which you'd like the same effect) there.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
So, to extend that, if you want it to be always summer at the beach, create a subhood (Desiderata Beach?), set it to always-summer and put the beach (and any other lot on which you'd like the same effect) there.

The residential lot would also have to be in Desiderata.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:17 PM
No, it wouldn't. If every season in the subhood is summer, it will always be summer when visited from any other hood, regardless of the day the residence is on.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:36 PM
Yes you can set subhoods differently to the main hood. When you go to Twikkii you will find it's always summer because every season there is set as summer. You can do that with shopping districts as well. You could have an all summer or an all winter one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:39 PM
Oh I didn't realise that. I thought the holiday (vacation) hoods were a specific setting for that type of hood.