Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 4:54 PM Last edited by jannwol : 16th Mar 2016 at 5:19 PM.
Default Sims 2 mod bug! (SOLVED)
Eyo,
Whenever I have mods installed it tells me that it can crash my game.
It says to get rid off semi-average stuff and to turn off my gamedata!
WTF do I do?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 5:12 PM
Ignore it.

Seriously, that notice is just an ass-coverer for the corporation. They knew people were going to add custom content, they couldn't control it, and they did not want their tech support to spend time dealing with people trying to figure out ACR. They may also have reasoned that the more nervous people were about adding custom content, the readier they'd be to pay for Stuff Packs.

Custom content can, indeed, crash your game. But so can improperly used Maxis content; and some Maxis coding will corrupt your neighborhood irreparably, and some mods (see the Essential Mods thread) operate to prevent or mitigate that. Mod conflicts can create wildly unpredictable and nonsensical results, but over the years, Sims 2 simmers have worked out how to track those down and fix them.

Just click the OK button and keep playing. You'll be glad you did. And get those Essential Mods in ASAP - you don't want somebody smashing an urn before you install Nounlinkondelete and Nocorruptdeath!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:33 PM
It keeps giving a-pop-up it is anoying af XD.
THANK YOU BTW!!!!!!!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:43 PM
You can turn it off in the game options. The only thing is that, the next time you add an EP, you'll need to click it again, and if it's not there you'll have to go into a neighborhood, open up the game options, reactivate it, quit, and start over.

But if you already have the UC or have all expansions, that's not an issue.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 8:14 PM
Do you mean that screen letting you know you put cc into your game? lOl, it does look alarming the first time. As Peni said, you turn it off under the cog.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 9:04 PM
From the first time, I always ignored that pop up. However, my sister, did not. Then she would ask me why the cc wouldn't show up in game. It was a little funny seeing her freaking out a little about the pop up, then disabling the cc, after being more than forty minutes loading my game, full of cc, to play the game. She told me she disabled it, exited the game after all the loading, re entered the game and waited 40 minutes again, after finally playing the game... for one hour.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 10:00 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 12th Feb 2016 at 10:20 PM.
The first time I saw that screen I freaked out a little. Peni has a good point, perhaps it was to drum up business for stuff packs! Certainly the wording is scare mongering.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 10:02 PM
I'm so accustomed to it, I don't even notice it anymore. About the time sims 3 came out, something really wonky happened to my sims 2 game. That screen didn't come up and none of my cc would show up. I tried everything, removed cc, uninstalled and reinstalled. Finally, I gave up and bought sims 3. Then somehow, and I don't really remember how, after another uninstall/reinstall, the screen showed up again and all was well. To this day, I think my sims 2 game was feeling threatened by the sims 3.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 10:21 PM
Having that screen on slows your loading time.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#10 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 12:19 AM
didn't know I could turn it off...what is the option called?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 12:27 AM
It's under settings, http://www.parsimonious.org/support...-your-game.html Scroll down to where it shows 'display custom content dialog at start up' yes and no. Not to be confused with the other area 'Catalogs display custom content' off on. The first turns off the screen so your game continues to load to the hood chooser menu. The second one is handy for having cc show or not show in game. For example you really want to find the Maxis ceiling sprinkler but can't find it because of all your cc, turn cc showing in catalog off and you only have Maxis content to wade through. This does not stop what is placed showing, just hides it in the catalog. I often do that if I am building cc free.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#12 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 12:40 AM
Thanks so much! I learn new things every day

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 11:44 AM
so wait..... how do I get rid of the pop-ups WHILE I play Sims 2. and it says me to: cancel, reset or delete!
it gives a little error sign thing in the first pop-up when I open up my game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 11:47 AM
when I open my game up it gives this little pop-up. but it gets a error sign in front of it? so these mods give me errors? do you know how I can fix that?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 12:15 PM
That is to do with having the Boolprop cheat on, nothing to do with the custom content screen. If some cc is is throwing a constant error you are probably better of getting rid of the item.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 12:32 PM
my sims can't use phones, they just like do a weird turn......
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 12:35 PM
Sounds like you have a mod conflict. Either you installed a mod not suited for your game set up or you have 2 mods clashing.

Go to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs and see if there is an error file.
You can also run the Hack Conflict Utility from Sim Wardrobe.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 12:58 PM
okay thanks!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 3:38 PM
Honestly the amount of and quality of community help and support for Sims 2 is better than official support for lots of things. Many of the "essential" hacks help the game run better than it ever did under official support for example.