Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 11:57 AM Last edited by magicslippers : 26th Feb 2019 at 12:19 PM.
Default Sims aging backwards when playing in rotation
So, anyone else ever experienced this one? I have 2 played families in this save file, i played 1 day on family 1 and when i entered family 2 the sims had gained 1 day to their life (i always check both families' ages before playing, aging set to normal, active household only, auto age unplayed sims). The 1st family aged 1 day normally.

Also, what's the exact time when sims age in Sims 4 (like, in Sims 2 the sims aged up at 6 pm)? I'm still new to Sims 4 rotational play and i'm just trying to figure out if i can play Sims 2 style with aging on, i'm not quite sure how the aging setting "active household only" works.

Cheers, Maggie

Edit: Played another day on family 1, they aged normally. Family 2 has 2 sims: sim 1 didn't age (again), sim 2 aged 1 day
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:10 PM
Family 1 is aging because you were playing with them aka they are your Active Household
family 2 didn't age because you have set it so only active household is aging.. and you weren't playing with them, you were playing with family 1.

I'm not sure how it works in Sims 2, but what exactly are you trying to achieve?

Played sims = if you ever played with that household
you can set it to no aging for those guys = anyone which you ever played with won't age
set it to yes = they will age
set it to only active = only the played household you are currently playing with will age, and your other families won't

none played sims = sims that the game randomly generated/ premades and such
you can either have them age up or not.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Played sims = if you ever played with that household
you can set it to no aging for those guys = anyone which you ever played with won't age
set it to yes = they will age
set it to only active = only the played household you are currently playing with will age, and your other families won't

none played sims = sims that the game randomly generated/ premades and such
you can either have them age up or not.

This is how i figured it should work but family 2's aging is somehow... bugged.

Day 0: Family 2, young adult has 21 days until adult, child has 4 days until teen.
Day 1 (played one day on family 1): Family 2, both sims gained one day (from 4 days to 5, from 21 to 22).
Day 2 (played one day again on family 1): Family 2, one sim didn't age, other one did (5 to 5, 22 to 21).

family 2 didn't age

As you can see from above, this is not the case.

I'm not sure how it works in Sims 2, but what exactly are you trying to achieve?

In Sims 2 each household ages only when you play them and when you exit the house/game, the lot freezes in time (so when you come back they'll be exactly as you left them, no days/hours/minutes passed).
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 3:21 PM
Sounds like a bug. the none-active household shouldn't have aged up (none of them).
it could be that if you see them around the world, even as none active they age? Idk
have you seen around the sim who aged in a day in family 2 while playing with family 1?

anyways, since it's only a day that's been added, I don't think it matters too much, but maybe for you it does
you can either report it, or set the lifespan on longer.. or both.. and hope for the best..

I'm not so worried about my sims age to count them by days, as I either play on long or with aging off, so I can't tell if I have this issue or not..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 3:24 PM
Few days off is whatever but sims aging backwards is kind of worrying