Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Darling Hair (New Mesh)

by carrit Posted 23rd May 2018 at 1:19 AM - Updated 24th May 2018 at 12:09 PM by carrit

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd May 2018 at 8:22 AM
Hair is amazing!! I hope that beehive hair will be out soon too!! :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd May 2018 at 5:12 PM
Wonderful, looks exactly like it could come from Maxis! I second the call for the beta beehive hair
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd May 2018 at 10:07 PM
This is lovely! It animates wonderfully.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:04 PM
This is just lovely! Thank you, I'd also be very interested in seeing other beta hairstyles
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th May 2018 at 3:12 AM
Lovely, I Wish There Was A Sims 4 Version.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th May 2018 at 9:55 AM
I really like how they look ingame, they're so cute!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th May 2018 at 3:32 PM
Yay! Oh, I've mourned this hair for years, it's so cute. I guess Maxis felt that the punkflip or maybe one of their bobs made it redundant, or something? It looks really good, it has that almost cartoony and very Maxis look that I love. It also looks like you made the black colour a lot less grey than the original, which is really nice.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th May 2018 at 3:13 AM
This looks great! Me three for the beehive.
Instructor
#10 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:11 PM
I can't tell you how pleased I am to see this now. :lovestruc
I remember trying to move heaven and earth in order to find the original mesh back in 2006/2007. All I had to go on was that it was supposedly known as "Meg" hair.

If you ever do manage to get a child and teen version working, that would be really wonderful.
Maybe the original mesh is still buried in the files somewhere... One of the pictures in the Caliente sisters' photo album shows Dina with this hair as a child. Maybe there's hope.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:59 AM
Omg thank you so much! This is so perfect! I always got so mad that EA removed this adorable hair! Its perfect!

Its always left as:

xoxo Aypera! <3
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 8:13 PM
hey, this is furbyq on my mts account! which uh, has a different name because i made it years before i made my tumblr.

this hair turned out great! i love how much depth you managed to get with the black recolor, everything just looks so nice. :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 3:12 PM
I LOVE YOU FOREVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 11:37 AM
Where did you get or how did you create that Sim that looks similar to the hidden version of Darleen Dreamer? Since she looks a hell of a lot like her. And I wanted to see if I could get the chance of accessing the facial structures of the hidden versions of Darleen Dreamer and Nervous Subject. Though I'm not sure whether that's possible. Anyway, thanks for the mesh, even though I've already found and downloaded another hairstyle that's based on the hidden Darleen's hairstyle.
Instructor
#15 Old 25th Oct 2019 at 11:53 PM
I'd love to see this for all ages :D
Forum Resident
#16 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 8:39 AM
Rather disappointing that this doesn't exist for children and teenagers. I know that the hairstyle that this one is based on is available for children and teenagers. I guess I'll have to make do with this hairstyle http://affinitysims.com/index.php?/...8-darleen-hair/ for children and teenagers. Though it looks more like a meg-acorn tuck hybrid than it looks like Darleen's beta hairstyle, it is nonetheless a worthy substitute.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Feb 2024 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
Rather disappointing that this doesn't exist for children and teenagers. I know that the hairstyle that this one is based on is available for children and teenagers. I guess I'll have to make do with this hairstyle http://affinitysims.com/index.php?/...8-darleen-hair/ for children and teenagers. Though it looks more like a meg-acorn tuck hybrid than it looks like Darleen's beta hairstyle, it is nonetheless a worthy substitute.

A new mesh with child and teen versions has been created, but I'm hoping to get a new texture before I release them. Same story for the beehive, but only a new teen mesh.