Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 9:20 AM
Phaenoh, the exceptional award winners will be emailed the participants trophy and the personalised trophy at the same time.
And yes, the prizes will stay the same; however each one will be a unique object marked with the theme of the relevant challenge, so you can build up a collection .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 10:16 AM
Congratulations to all participants of the first contest, and congrats to the 3 winners, you really did an amazing job!
Actually, all entries were pretty cool!

I already got my little idea for the next theme, and I'll participate this time!

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 12:20 PM
man i cant enter, SimPE doesn't want to make my stuff...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 1:44 PM
No well, creators make the stuff, SimPE just makes it easier .

Lab Assistant
#30 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
No well, creators make the stuff, SimPE just makes it easier .

i know its just i need it to actually use my creations and i don't wanna steal because its wrong and stuff *headdesk*
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 2:13 PM
I understand the situation - I was poking fun, it wasn't a serious comment. Head over to the SimPE site and see if you can get it fixed, there's plenty of time left.

Field Researcher
#32 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 2:26 PM
congrats to the winners!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 3:14 PM
alright be back later, good job people!
Forum Resident
#34 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 3:56 PM
congrats guys,well deserwed =)
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 6:27 PM
i would try again but simspe has stoped working and i have tryid ever thing if you know why please pm me

funney250 i makes homes for request so just ask
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#36 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Phaenoh, the exceptional award winners will be emailed the participants trophy and the personalised trophy at the same time.
And yes, the prizes will stay the same; however each one will be a unique object marked with the theme of the relevant challenge, so you can build up a collection .
That eases my mind, I need to learn to stop freaking out so easily. :: goes to try to learn yoga from one of my sims... ::
Theorist
#37 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 9:59 PM
Wonderful work by everyone - thank you for having the courage, creativity and committment to share!

I need to ask for more details on the Old Hollywood theme:

What year does Old Hollywood end?

Is it limited to Hollywood productions only - i.e. produced by, or featuring cast and crew from, a Hollywood studio, although the location could presumeably be wherever the movie was made - or can we take a more general approach that would include the rest of the world's film industry?
#38 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 1:23 AM
I'm doing mine from 1930s - 1950s

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#39 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 1:59 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 17th Sep 2007 at 7:10 AM.
cjh3787 - these challenges are for for fun of it, for one thing - people create *all the time with NO rewards at all*

The creator challenge was NOT designed to only allow the very best creators on site to participate. Everyone is welcome, and _encouraged_ to take a try at creating. That is what it's about. As a matter of fact, if someone tries something new that they've never done before - they more than succeeded in meeting the challenge. We did reject some entries as not meeting minimal site requirements, so it's not that everything was accepted.

In addition, as our first time doing a creator challenge, it was expected there would be a ramp up, in terms of number of entries, members being aware of the theme, etc - and there is a time limit, which might mean for some they simply cannot enter. You might not realize that most of the most fantastic things you see on site have taken the creator more than 1 month to finish. Also consider that while mts2 has thousands of downloaders, the number of active creators is a very small fraction of them.

I encourage you to try creating, instead of criticizing. I stand by the fact that I'm pleased with everyone who entered, and there were some impressive entries.

PS - I checked the site for a post from you asking for help with uploading, but there was none. There were some other equally rude posts though, which have now been cleaned up.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#40 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 3:47 AM
Wow cjh3787 - such unwarranted vitriol - if you read Upload Wizard FAQ and still had trouble you could have asked for help in the Site Issues forum. Of course you have to want the help....

GRATS GRATS GRATS!!!!

To the winners and the not winners for making this a fantastic competition that was thoroughly enjoyable and gives everyone a chance to showcase their work =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Alchemist
#41 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 2:40 PM
Congratulations to all!
Winners , participants and also us for being showered with the best additions thinkable (and often unbelieveable fantastic!) for our game.
I love you and thank you all!
Thanks to MtS for providing the portal for all this! :D
Test Subject
#42 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 11:12 PM
If anyone needs ideas,
PLEASE make a Lucille Ball sim. n___n
That would make my day; and she ALSO was a major part of Old Hollywood.
#43 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 4:32 AM
I have a question, I uploaded a sim and I was wondering, there were no views yet, so what I am asking is... when or is there any "Uploadmanagers" in the Old Hollywood contest section?

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 6:07 PM
UploadManager is just the "facade" account that accept/reject PMs are sent from - yes, the mods are going to be doing the Contests queue, or the whole affair would be rather pointless.

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 12:37 AM
I was merely voicing my concerns, Loverat (tiggerypum exempted from critisisim for she offered constructive critisisim). I actually have tried creating but found uploading rather perplexing, even with the FAQs. In addition to this, I fail to see that my critisism was severe enough to call "vitriol." I did, in fact, read the Upload Wizard FAQ but found nothing that helped me get my project uploaded. Loverat, you need to watch YOUR vitriol instead of making a big fuss of other people's opinions. Though I do it alot as well, I usually don't mean it and can't get around to deleting my posts.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 3:17 PM
This thread is not for arguing what the challenges should or shouldn't be, nor any other aspect of the site; the uploading system works just fine for hundreds of people every day, and if you're still having issues, we have Creator Issues, and Site Issues for you to post in.
If you have comments about he running of the challenges they are welcomed, but they must be constructive - you want the prizes to be more than permanent instant recognition on the site and two objects that were painstakingly meshed, textured, and hacked by some of the best creators we have - well, please tell us what prizes you think would be better, short of wads of cash which we leave to such charming personages as TSR

In addition, a plea to all entrants : We've already got sims of several big old hollywood stars - and as wonderful as your Marylin sim will be, bear in mind that there will be several already. Be as creative as you can, seriously, variety is the spice of life!

Instructor
#47 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 3:07 PM
Congrats guys!
Field Researcher
#48 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 10:25 PM
can any body tell me when the begining and end dates are for entries to the Old Hollywood challenge are???

DOEreoh
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 12:13 AM
ok i quit but maybe ill enter the next one good luck guys!

Go here to test your brain: http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?fofofofof

i like to make stuff.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 7:38 PM
*whew* My entry was accepted and posted. I had a lot of fun with this one!!
Quick question: I've noticed several (very nice) entries from the same creator. Are we allowed to submit more than one entry? My understanding of the rules was one entry per person, but I've got an idea for another submission, if we're allowed more than one.

Thanks for this great contest!

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Page 2 of 4