Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Simmies Can't Go Home
I had a number of responses to my launch problem, and you were all so helpful! I have another issue that started before that problem, but I had been living with it.

When I send Simmies out into the neighborhood, or downtown, and it's time to return home, I click on the phone, or the car, and the game crashes. This means after shopping for clothes, the game will crash, and the Simmies don't make it home with their new wardrobe. In fact, once, a Sim walked down the sidewalk with another customer, after shopping, and was gone, though his car remained.

What could the problem be?

Thanks
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:27 AM
Did you try removing your downloads folder from within your Sims 2 folder, re-enter the game and see if the crashing still happens then?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 10:26 AM
That might be an out of date hack.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
That might be an out of date hack.

I don't understand how removing the downloads would help with the problem. Sure I can do that, but how will that identify the problem?

Now I have simmies running around with black hands and hair full of letters, Do I have some bug?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:40 AM
In 90% of the cases, the problem is caused by custom content. I once crashed everytime I tried to click on the phone as well, and it turned out to be because of a mod I had. I forgot which, though.

But if you don't use any hacks or custom content, that would obviously rule that out.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olyoldone
Do I have some bug?
The fastest way to find out is to follow this: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lp:Game_Problem
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olyoldone
I don't understand how removing the downloads would help with the problem. Sure I can do that, but how will that identify the problem?

Now I have simmies running around with black hands and hair full of letters, Do I have some bug?

Well, if the problem disappears when you remove Downloads, you will know the issue is CC and not something seriously fubar with your game. It's the first step to working out what the problem is.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:28 AM
But don't remove custom eyes or skin and load up your regular game unless you have made a backup as they will lose their eyes and skin and not get it back again when you put the cc back into your game. I always test cc in a test neighbourhood. The black hands sound weird, the letters could be because you removed the hair possibly. You need to do this in a test hood not with your real sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~