Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 11:16 AM
Default The Sims 3 Collection vs Windows 7 Registry files
OK, I have TS3 with all EP's and almost all SP's (I don't have Trashy Katty Perry something). Installing this all, takes time, even when I have iso's, made by me form original discs. That is why I'd like to ask you people, how to eksport registry posts about the game, and after reinstalling Windows, how to import those posts again to the registry? It is important for the game to know how many ep's and sp's it has... But I gues registry has nothing to do with it, I hope.

With registry files, I can keep all installed game files and install the whole game in Windows with several clicking, maybe even one double clicking... So, any ideas?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 2:07 PM
just export your (windows installation with TS3 included) as *.reg to file to save it, then import it back for later use, but you'll need to copy (backup) all your TS3 files and installation directories, so you don't have to reinstall your TS3 again, just copy & paste from your backup, import your windows registry file... restart your computer... and you're done

PS: or you can just export all the TS3 registry (in windows registry) if you don't need to reinstall your windows..
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 5:21 PM
Installing ts3 disc by disc takes lots of time, gadering all nessesary registry information will take time too, but this would be just this one time, then it's just clicking few files. I don't install games on drive C, so I wouldn't even have move game files. My Documents are also not on drive C.
Scholar
#5 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 12:52 AM
I am understanding that you have TS3 installed on a different partition or drive. Then yes, that would be a lot faster to get TS3 working again ,after reinstalling windows. No clue where all the registry entries are though.

Also wondering if you are not asking this so you can copy someone else's installation (not saying you are, but this could be a reason :p)

PapaEmy's way to backup whole registry and then putting back on new installation is asking for problems without knowing why you have to reinstall windows. Changed hardware, not reinstalling the same software, lot of reasons why this can go wrong.

Pretty sure there is software to keep track of registry entries when installing software. But I doubt that anyone wants to give you a copy of those registry entries :p