Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:36 PM Last edited by losail27 : 22nd Aug 2018 at 11:45 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Unmerging Merged CC
So I have some files with merged packages on my laptop but when my previous laptop died I lost the back-up folders with the unmerged files. I really want to clean my CC so I though about unmergind them. I found this post on tumblr and I tried to follow the steps. I ended up with a single package file but the problem is that it's not showing up in my game.
Can anyone help me with that matter? Thanks for reading and sorry for any mistakes I possibly made.

EDIT: So I tried to do it again and found out that in only unmerges the things that have a name. Ok, what is happening with this thing? :P
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 12:27 PM
I would like to redo some of mine, but what a pain to do this if the merged file has tons of files in it, as most of mine do. I should check my laptop and see if the originals are there, but my guess is I dumped them.
Site Helper
#3 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 5:56 PM
She doesn't say to do this in the tutorial, but it seems to me that you might want to try again with "Find Missing Resources" enabled. Merging packages has you deleting duplicates, and if your newly unmerged package is missing something it needs that might explain why it's not showing up.

(I know you haven't made the mistake of forgetting to install it. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 11:58 AM
I tried doing it with "Find Missing Resourses" clicked but I got an error that said the file C:/Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp5B26.tmp isn't accessible because it is used by another process. I've no idea what that means.

(I wish I had because solving this issue would be much more easier. )
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 8:40 PM
I've only done this with some CAS stuff but I have been successful unmerging cc from a big file.

You first need to get the Package Viewer for Sims 3 this will allow you to get the name of the merged content. Then you can use S3OC to clone it (do not click rename internally, you want the original resources).
If you having trouble running S3OC or S3PE for that matter try a newer or older version. Or rebooting your computer. Or close the Sims 3.
Follow this tutorial
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012...tiple-packages/
Or this one
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1029/

It is tedious, but you have to look at the original unmerged cc (or what you have cloned out of the merged packaged) & look for the instances in your merged package you can compare the two and check that when you did the above that all resources was activated to be deleted. The only thing I don't know about is the key resource I don't know if you need to or should edit that.

I strongly recommend only doing save as when doing the above so you can test that the content is properly deleted. (& S3PE has cracked up on my computer and only works with that)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 11:43 PM
@Leo5: Doesn't this tutorial require the original files?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by losail27
@Leo5: Doesn't this tutorial require the original files?

No you can use the version created by s3oc. Just don't tick Renumber/rename internally box as that will change the cc resources and make it completely new cc. You use this if you don't want to conflict with the original cc. (The Simlogical link has a full description on how to use s3oc.) If you know and can still download the original cc off the internet nothing stopping you going that route either.

The problem you may have is if you have deleted the cc custom thumbnail. S3OC doesn't seem to pick up the thumbnail that the game creates. This is when you'll really need the Package Viewer for the name of the content you want to delete. The real problem is if you have cc that share the same name, I had 4 lipsticks that had the name "afMakeupLipstickWet" one of them was broken. I don't have many lipsticks and I had an idea which creators wasn't the problem but I couldn't remember the name of the creator who I thought was the problem. I downloaded the originals of the guys that I remembered and used them to compare the image files to see which lipstick is the offender.

As long as you have up to date backups you can fearlessly go along doing anything you want to try.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 11:41 AM
Oh, sorry, I didn't notice the part where it mentions s3oc.

I've already downloaded anything that I could found on the internet again but some of the things were either for deleted sites or I have no idea where I got them in the first place.

I tried to do the part with S3OC again making sure I handn't enabled Rename/Renumber (although I'm sure it wasn't enabled before) and when I install just the new package file on the game it shows every single thing that's on the original merged file. That's happening only for the things that have numbers as their name (there's a picture in the first post). So I guess the problem is S3OC can't clone the things that don't have a name.