Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 2:45 AM
Default How are Occult types handled in game, and Werewolf / Alien shapeshifting?
So straight into it, I am wanting to create my own sort of mini Supernatural Expansion Pack. what defines an Occult type in the Game? How is it loaded? Assigned to Sims? Is a totally custom Occult type possible perhaps? How is the proccess of Shapeshifting handled in regards to this? Where are all the files?

I'm also interested in the handling of Magic and Spells in the Sims 3, where are the files for it all. I assume its only a simple interaction, surely it must be possible to add more spells and edit existing ones, etc.

As a side note, I have not made morphs and sliders for the Sims 3 before but I have plenty of experience with 3D modelling and animation. Could it be possible to make a Slider to work in the same way as how I would normally make a Morph? By having a base Shape in a 3D modelling program, and changing the Mesh to the maximum value of the Slider, so I could drag it anywhere in between. It seems it would be a lot more intuitive for me to do it this way than pure programming, without being able to see what I'm doing at all.

I'm relatively new to modding, but if you guys could please point me in the right direction and get me going that would be wonderful. I am pretty determined to make this work, so I need a fair idea of where to look, what would need to be done to make it happen. Specifically, making new ways for sims to shapeshift, new magic, new spells, new occults types, and editing the pre existing files for all of these things etc.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:33 AM
Check out the Script Tutorials here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ing#Script_Mods
You can look at how the games handles those things when you have set up a decompiler. Theoretically it is possible to add everything you want, but of course it depends on your programming skills and most importantly your stamina.
To have an example on how to add spells download Douglasveigas' Gardening Spells: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=543219
You can open the package up in S3PE and rightclick the s3sa resource and export dll. You can open up that dll in a decompiler of your choice, Net Reflector, ILSpy or if you are on Mac or Linux Xamarin Studio and look at the code.

But if you are completely new to modding you probably want to go through the modding tutorials first, also have a quick view at the tuning Mod Tutorials, because that is were you learn how to use s3pe.
I hope you have fun digging yourself through it
Snow
Scholar
#3 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 4:43 PM
Adding to what Kitty said. Occults are created using OccultBase class. And the other occult classes inherit from that class. You should check out the coding. You can create custom special power interactions and make it so only sims belonging to your occult can use these interactions. But keep in mind that there has only been one other modder who has created a custom occult and they haven't released their mod as far as I know.

An easier method of creating super powers is by creating a custom trait and some custom special power interaction. And then make it so only Sims with the custom trait can use these interactions.