Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 3:30 AM
This is what I got now.
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 11:34 AM
Is that the location where you have CAW installed to? If so then you should be able to run the worldbuildercs.exe by double clicking it, and SuperCAW should open.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 12:43 AM
It's not doing anything. Also WorldBuilderCS doesn't have .exe on the end of it. And it is identified as an application. Not sure if that's a problem but it's a fact.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 9:15 AM
Super CAW seems still to be packed as 7Z archive. As per simsample's instructions please unpack the archive to extract all those files. If double clicking doesn't do anything, try right mouse click and choose the 7-zip extraction options.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 10:07 AM
@Norn he has the worldbuildercs application extracted- the 7z file you see is the srchive that exe was in.

@C.Syde65 It is identified as an application, which is correct- the reason you can't see the .exe is because your computer is set to hide the file extensions. So don't worry about that. What I am concerned about is that you have this in the right place. I can see that you have extracted the file to Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool, but is that the location where you actually have CAW installed? Can you show me what else is in that folder, alongside your worldbuildercs file?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 11:34 AM
Here is what I have.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#32 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 11:52 AM
Where is your Sims 3 CAW installed to? That's not the right place- at least, there are no CAW installation files there. Hpw do you normally open CAW? Right click on the shortcut that you use and check the path. That's where you need to put SuperCAW.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 11:09 PM
I don't know how I normally open it to be honest.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#34 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
I don't know how I normally open it to be honest.

Okay, I'm struggling to help you here if you don't even know how you open CAW. You need to have the worldbuilderCS executable in the same folder as your ordinary CAW executable, so you'll have to figure that one out when you find your CAW install. The file won't work on its own.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 4:38 AM
It seems that I never downloaded the ordinary CAW executable. I've just downloaded it now. And I'll see if I can try following through from there.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:01 AM
Okay I've installed it. And placed it in the same folder. Now I guess I'm up to the part where I'm supposed to enable these objects. But how to do it is the question.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#37 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 10:44 AM
Ah, I assumed you had used Create-a-World as your thread is categorised as CAW. In future you should be careful to specify exactly what it is that you are using, as all who tried to help you in this thread were assuming that you had CAW also.

If you have never used CAW before then you have a steep learning curve; here is a tutorial to help you, and there are many more available on the web that a search engine will reveal.
Tutorials:Creating Sims 3 Worldswiki

For SuperCAW you do not have to enable anything- its advantage is that all in-game objects are available in the metadata list for world placement. However, you should learn to use CAW first, and indeed decide whether CAW is needed for what you are trying to do, as it looks as though maybe you were just editing the world in-game after all.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 12:17 AM
I WAS just editing the world in-game, if you guessed that you are correct. I'll try to be more specific about what I already have and what I'm after. Do you have any idea how I can use CAW or SuperCAW to unlock the hidden accessories scattered across Bridgeport?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#39 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:37 AM
To locate the path to your CAW install, right-click on the CAW shortcut on the Desktop, if that is how you start the App. From the right-click context menu that pops up, click Properties then go to Shortcut tab and click Open File Location button, it should open a new Window Explorer window to the right location of where the CAW app is installed. This is where you should place the SuperCAW exe (ie the worldbuilderCS.exe file you extracted).

The hidden accessories would have all the flags set to unhide if you start CAW via SuperCAW's worldbuilderCS.exe, so you should be able to search for and use the items as if they are normal items.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#40 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 3:30 AM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 10th Oct 2018 at 3:46 AM.
How exactly do I access the items? It's not letting me do anything such as using the utility tools unless I open a world or create a new world. I don't want to do either of those. All I want is to find the objects that I can't place in neighbourhoods in-game, and unhide them so I can add them in-game.

On top of that it's only letting me open two worlds. Sunset Valley and Riverview (the latter of which I don't even have as I have not obtained it) Although loading a world does allow me to access the objects, I have no idea how to unhide them so they can be used in-game. And I don't really want to be loading any worlds with SuperCAW because I don't want to risk accidentally saving any changes I make. I only want to edit worlds in the game.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#41 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
How exactly do I access the items? It's not letting me do anything such as using the utility tools unless I open a world or create a new world. I don't want to do either of those. All I want is to find the objects that I can't place in neighbourhoods in-game, and unhide them so I can add them in-game.

All of the in-game items are available in SuperCAW to place in a world, but it sounds like you are trying to do something different.

What you are asking is how to modify each object so that it shows up in the in-game world editor as items you can place in your world in-game.

To do this is the same as to modify items to show up in CAW itself; for this you do not need CAW or SuperCAW but you will need S3PE.

You need to find the OBJD of the items you need to mod in the game files, clone them and then modify one of the flags to change the catalog sort.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818

The flag that makes items show up in the CAW program is the same one that also makes the item available in the in-game world editor.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:02 AM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 11th Oct 2018 at 4:26 AM.
Alright I have downloaded S3PE.

But I'm not sure exactly which folder and file I need to open to find the objects that need to be unhidden.

No one else has replied since I first posted this message as of editing it. But I seem to be getting on the right track. I've located the correct file.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#43 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 4:40 AM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 11th Oct 2018 at 10:58 AM.
Oh wait. I'm stuck again. I've figured out how to export things, but I need somewhere to save the changes. So that they override the default without directly modifying the default data.

EDIT: Okay I've completed most of the steps. Now I just need to know where to place the package.

I've gotten the location of the package sorted. However I'm unable to find most of the items that I want to export.

These items include:

Old's Cool Wooden Crates, The Colors of Fame, Landgraab Deluxe Scaffolding, Caution Barrier, Caution Barrier with Light, Viewers Wanted, Medium Crane, Large Crane, Wharf Buildings, A Shining Future, Bridgeport Radio Towers, Center Peak Wave, City Planter Box - Plaza, Dandelion Sculpture, Life in the Fast Lane, Diner Sign, Traffic Signal, Joey's Legal Advice.

I also need a way to be able to place CAW objects on top of lots and roads. As it currently does not allow me to do either.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#44 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 11:38 AM
@C.Syde65 This is object modding rather that being specific to Create-a-World, and I'm not really able to give you a step by step here on the forum. Rather, you should read some basic tutorials to help you to understand how mod the game items in the way you wish. I would advise to start here:
Tutorial:Sims 3 Catalog Reorganizationwiki
Which is not exactly what you need, but will demonstrate to you how to clone an item and find the OBJD.
Any further questions on object modding would be better posted here:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=547
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#45 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 4:52 AM
Alright. Well I've started a request here if that helps. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5455713
Page 2 of 2