Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#301 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 10:10 AM
I have a family that will only produce a certain color baby. The parents consist of a custom lighter color, and the other a custom darker color. I want the color of the darker parent. I have recreated this birth over 30 times trying to get the other parent color, but fail. How do I get the color of the darker parent.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#302 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 9:19 AM
I did not find this bit of info in this thread, so I figured I could add it myself.

Recently, I'm playing a lot with Christianlov's custom skintones selector: I never use custom skintones when I create sims in CAS, but I always add them later, with the selector; it's my technique for having sims with Maxis skintones codes only in their DNA (and their subsequent spawn).

But I discover, with great surprise, that when the game determines what skintone the new baby will have, will not pull the skintone codes from the DNA resource, but from the AGED resource in the character file.

Example:
I create a couple sims in CAS, one with s1 and one with s4; they will have:
Parent1 = s1 in DNA, both in expressed and recessive skintones lines (omozygote) + s1 in Age Data (the "appereance").
Parent2 = s4 in DNA, ditto as Parent1, + s4 in Age Data.

I move them in game, make them breed, and their offspring will have s1/s2/s3 or s4 skintone, regularly.

Now, I will change the skintone on Parent1 with a custom one. With Christianlov's selector, you will use the primitive generic sim call "set skin", and that will change the appereance only, not the DNA.
In short, we will have a Parent1 with s1 omozygote DNA like before, but with the custom skintone in the Age Data resource.

Now, if I breed Parent1 and 2 again, the baby will inherit the custom skintone, 100%, and it will be dominant, just like it were in Parent1 DNA.

Well, considering this mechanism from a technical point of view, is not really a bug, because the game was not designed to deal with different skintones in appereance and DNA, but I think this may lead to interesting ways to manage artificially the sims' genetic inheritance.
Test Subject
#303 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 1:30 PM
can someone please explain me how to change my sims DNA with simPE? i don't understand how to do it...
Lab Assistant
#304 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 3:55 AM
First things first; RGiles, thank you, thank you, thank you for bringing this to our attention. This helps a lot of people.

Secondly the missing codes for the Dark Blue and Gray eyes are as follows:
Dark Blue: 2d6839c5-0b7c-48a1-9c55-4bd9cc873b0f
Gray: 0758508c-7111-40f9-b33b-706464626ac9

I'm posting this in case no one has found them yet (which I doubt) or is too lazy to look. And no, I'm not going through thirteen pages of responses just to see if someone has already written this in here, I have Sims to modify people!

And it's gone, baby, gone.
Test Subject
#305 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 4:12 AM
Where do you find the numbers to put in for custom skins? I'm new to SimPE, and I'm confused.
Test Subject
#306 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 10:33 PM
Default still got a question?
After all this... up to Free Time is there still "Bad" DNA...?
I have all the EP's, FT being the latest....
Does it still have DNA as being flawwed...?

Thanks
Scholar
#307 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mn777saint
After all this... up to Free Time is there still "Bad" DNA...?
I have all the EP's, FT being the latest....
Does it still have DNA as being flawwed...?

Thanks

Maxis has not corrected the DNA of the premade characters in Strangetown and Veronaville. However they made a fallback solution so that it will not make the game crash as before. The genetics is not working exactly as for "normal" sims.

If you like to get rid of this errounos codes for good get the updated character files from here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...16;topic=1423.0

You will find download links at page 10.
Scholar
#308 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by becka195
Where do you find the numbers to put in for custom skins? I'm new to SimPE, and I'm confused.

I'm also confused by what you are up to.
One way to get the numbers you can create a sim in CAS with the custom skin and then check out that sim with SimPE to find out what the code is for that custom skin.

First open the neighborhood the sim is in by clicking Tools->Neighborhood->Neighborhood Browser.
By clicking Tools->Neighborhood->Sim Browser and double clicking your sim you will get your sims parameters in the Plugin view. Click on the More ikon and select Open Sim DNA and you are at it..
Test Subject
#309 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fwiffo
That is very strange. I've done a LOT of tests while working on my multi pollination technician hack, and never once have I had that result. Now, the testing family I've been using most of the time (the "Victim" family, with "Hapless", "Tragic" and "Innocent", random CAS sims) doesn't happen to have any with S4 skintone. Perhaps only some of the maxis tones can do that?

I believe MaxoidTom said that Alien was supposed to be equally dominant with custom skins, which are dominant over regular skins. That's clearly not the case in your example though.

On the other hand, I've never gotten a green baby from Chole or Lola singles, even after substantial testing, because of their screwy DNA, but others have.

I almost think there are different builds of the game out there with subtly different genetics rules.

S4 is the most dominant Maxis skintone, though, isn't it? I've always thought that the alien, which is dominant somewhere between the original Maxis tones and regular CC, gets something less dominant with increased generations. Of course, I don't know - I just got here to learn this stuff. :lol;

Hmm... anyone have a problem with me condensing the practical information on changing sims' DNA and posting it somewhere? It's only that this is the closest I've found to a tutorial, and it's quite frankly exhausting trawling through to see what's been changed around by different expansion packs, or disproved by people.
Scholar
#310 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 6:45 AM
That's some pretty serious necromancy: the post you're replyuing to is over five years old.
Test Subject
#311 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
That's some pretty serious necromancy: the post you're replyuing to is over five years old.

0_0 No wonder I had so much trouble finding this thread!
Sorry, all!
Page 13 of 13