Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 7:52 PM
Default Sims 3 Clothing resolution
Hello!

Sorry if this the wrong topic/place for this Thread but i have a Question. Is it possible to make Clothings for Sims 3 with a higher resolution? So that i looks better in Game and not so Pixelish/low-end quality?

Sims scaled it evertime down.

Hope i explain it correctly. Sorry for bad English and Greetings from Germany
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 8:49 PM
Have you already set your "Sim Detail" slider to "Very High" and your "Texture Detail" slider to High, under Options?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Have you already set your "Sim Detail" slider to "Very High" and your "Texture Detail" slider to High, under Options?

Yes i have. But i mean not Vanilla Outfits, i mean selfmaded/created Clothings.

But Thanks for you answers
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 2:43 AM
CAS CC is sometimes made with textures that are too small, so they unfortunately appear blurry in-game. There's really nothing that can be done, other than making the textures bigger/better.

(TOTALLY not speaking from experience, no no, never.... >_> )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
CAS CC is sometimes made with textures that are too small, so they unfortunately appear blurry in-game. There's really nothing that can be done, other than making the textures bigger/better.

(TOTALLY not speaking from experience, no no, never.... >_> )

Hmm but Sims 3 comparing Textures/Resolution down. To 1024x1024. is there no possible to High this?

Thanksfor your answer

PS: I dont really have many Modding experience too :/
Alchemist
#6 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 3:34 PM
It is possible, some high quality skins have 4096 x 4096 textures. But you have to keep in mind that the bigger and more detailed the textures are, the more time and processing power they will require to be rendered. So while they look pretty, they aren't recommended for regular play unless you have 1) few items, or 2) a beefy computer.

Other than that you should look into good creators who spend time on their stuff and don't photoskin (directly copy/pasting photographs on top of the meshes).
Here's a master post I made with creators I recommend, maybe you can find something useful/nice in there?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 9:23 PM
Exactly what SweetDevil said. Even 2048x2048 textures make TSRW crash and burn like people ain't got anything else to do other than sit trying to console it's hurt feelings.