Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 7:52 PM Last edited by MazelClarisse : 18th Feb 2017 at 8:03 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Securom Lag Issues with TS2 (switching in-between Sims, slow buy/build category)
Hello everyone. I have been an active participant in this community since June 2008, and playing The Sims for as long as I can remember, especially TS2. Ever since having updated to a new version of Windows, I have been having minor lag issues with my game. One of the most irritating lags is that the game in live mode freezes when switching between sims after a while. I have a i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHz processor with a GE Force GTX 750 TI. The game runs fine, with CC installed, with no issues in high graphics, but the loading for buy/build mode, and switching between sims in live mode has been a bit off-putting. I tried to resolve the issue by looking into other forums on other websites, and a few on here with people with similar issue, and a lot of people have attributed their issues to Securom. Microsoft has confirmed that games don't run particularly well with older games with Securom including The Sims. People have resolved their issues by removing the Securom, and reported enhanced gameplay, and disappearance of lag. I have tried to remove it by removing the Securom, and ensuring that it is off the registry, and by trying to download a program to run the game without disc, (I have bought and purchased the games legally, with my money) as the Securom is reinstalled every time the game is run on disc apparently. I want to fully remove the Securom app, and I have tried to download the no-CD.exe but I have been scared to have it meddle with my computer. I have tried to find resolutions on my own, which ended up corrupting my game files and me having to reinstall all the CC/game all over. I do want to continue playing this game, but I want to know if anybody has any insight in trying to remove the Securom. I really believe that is what's causing my lags like everybody else had been saying. I have also had run into issues with the Securom before with my other computer with Windows 7. The only problem is that it keeps reinstalling on its own when I run the game, and game developers have even worked on making a patch to get past this so people can still play their beloved games on newer computers, I'm a little upset that The Sims community hasn't come up with a solution for this. Can anyone shed some light on this or will I have to make do with the Securom-related lags? I appreciate the help, thanks! I am frustrated with this, and I would really love to continue this game that I have enjoyed its charm over the years. Is there any way to get past this? I know it's a minor tick, but it will very much help.

I also own The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, and I have no idea how the no-CD.exe patch would work for it, people had it work for the Ultimate Collection, but I only own my game on disc, and not off Origin. (again, I own the game legally, purchased with my name, and money, but I do want to be able to play without the disc so that the Securom doesn't keep reinstalling after efforts to remove it). It's a bit frustrating, and I am really upset that anybody hadn't yet came up with a solution to get past the Securom lag affecting playability.

EDIT: Does anybody have similar issues? Is it perhaps that my issues are not related to Securom? Is this just a fault in the game? The switching between sims after about an hour's passing pauses the game for a few moments every time, while loading the other sim, whereas in the first hour the loading is instant? I know it is a minor tick, but if there is any way to fix it, I would do anything.. I understand Securom is a digital's right management, and I do not want to have to remove it, apparently it is irrelevant with UC, but I want to enhance game quality and speed, as my computer was purchased for the reason to improve game quality. Thanks, everyone. I hope this isn't unrealistic at all. I do love TS2, and I want to continue playing with it, but we all have our minor grievances about the game, and therefore, we create mods to make the game unique and cater to each of our tastes.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 11:22 PM
It sounds like Securom lag to me - I've got UC, and it comes with Securom, too. With Windows 10, I had terrible lag in switching between sims and in browsing the catalogs until I replaced the .exe with a no-CD version (despite having the game through Origin) and then cleaned the registry. You might want to take a look at this thread at leefish: http://leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6688

So long as you have the right version of the no-CD executable for your game, I'd just back up the original exe and your game files, and give the no-CD a try. If it doesn't work for your game, you can then restore the original. If your concern is that the no-CD executable may have other garbage (viruses or whatnot), make full backups of your system before trying it and consider where you got it from. The thread I linked to has a suggestion of where to find no-CD.exes, and I felt that the person suggesting the site was trustworthy and that if anyone had had problems at the site it would have been mentioned in the thread. I was also putting it on a new system that would be easy to clean if something did come with the file, and did full virus scans before and after using the executable for the first time. I haven't had any problems with either my system or with lag in the game since removing Securom.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 1:13 AM
That's great. 🙂
I have tried to download the no-CD.exe but most people who have had success with it only own the UC collection, I was thinking. It didn't seem to work.. I'll try it again.
The download came with TS Bin.. and in it, the exe. program.. the only confusion I have is do I have to delete the other files in the original TS bin.. lother than overwriting no-CD.exe or do I just overwrite it on the application? I'm going to look into it. I am hoping this will solve things.