Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#26 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 1:33 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 9th May 2007 at 12:41 PM.
Homecrafter comes with your game. Go to your program files and look in your sims 2 game folder, and you'll find it

oops - doesn't come with your game see next message sorry

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 4:59 AM
Um, Homecrafter doesnt come with the game as far as i remember, its for download at the sims 2 site www.thesims2.com, what comes with the game is bodyshop...

http://thesims2.ea.com/getcoolstuff/homecrafter.php

Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 12:58 PM
Cool thankyou guys (:

To the stars, and beyond
Test Subject
#29 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 3:10 PM
Default Help!
All right, things went smoothly for approximately two seconds. I began downloading GTK + 2, and instead of the screen popping up that (according to the tutorial) should, It said, "Do you want to open or save this file?" I assumed this was just ppart of the tutorial that was skipped because it's self-explanitory. But I clicked save, and it started dowloading. It's wasn't the installation program shown on the tutorial, it was similar to downloading sims from sims2.com. Then it went on to WinZIP (evaluation version). I extracted the files, but that did pretty much nothing as far as I can tell. Of course, I'm also a absolute beginner in WinZip.

The same thing happened when I tried to download The Gimp.

Does anyone know what's happening? Does anyone know where I can find out what's happening? Do I need to make the description of my issue clearer?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#30 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:15 PM
Well, when you chose 'save', then it wrote the files to your hard drive. WinZIP decoded the files for you. But to install something, you need to go RUN the files. (Easy way would have been to select 'open' on the download, that might have worked)

It could be they've changed the format of the download. Go look for your folder for the gtk and also for the gimp. Look for an exe to double click on in the gtk folder first (or something that says 'install'). Then do the same in the gimp folder you saved. Let us know if that works

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#31 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 8:42 PM
Okay, I got it all sorted out. Thanks so much for your help.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 10:03 PM
I tried to download the GIMP, and whenever I try to launch it, a window comes up saying "The procedure entry point XML_SerDoctypeDeclHandler could not be located in the link library xmlparse.dll.
What in the world does this mean?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#33 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 8:09 AM
I don't know, but did you install the necessary GTK + 2 first?

Lab Assistant
#34 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 8:50 PM
Yeah... but I download a trail of Photoshop instead. =\
Test Subject
#35 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 6:21 AM
I've been reading thru your tutes and you've made it so simple. For the frist time I feel like I could make something. I've read thru so many on how to use different wonderful programs that the wonderful Modders here on mts2 have come up with and I've tried to make things but I always seem to get lost in the steps. Until I bought my sims2 game I never used psp or any of those programs so it gets confusing when I read the tutes, since I have no clue what there talking about. As soon as my husband figures whats wrong with my computer (it won't load my game at all =( ) I'm gonna try each of your tutes out and see what i come up with.Thanks again
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 9:38 PM
I tried downloading the gimp the part you say download first and when i tried to extract it I got an error message that it was corrupt.On a bright note i love your tutorial i read the whole thing first and i hope i can get the gimp to download so i can begin making my own clothes
Test Subject
#37 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:52 PM
man i always wanted to make a sims and clothes and skin tones
Test Subject
#38 Old 9th May 2007 at 1:11 AM
Help! how come i dont have a projects folder... like once u get inside the whole gimp thing i followed all the directions and i got to the part when u click on the projects folder to go to something else(home crafter i think) andi dont have a porjects folder how do i geto ne of those?
Test Subject
#39 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 6:37 PM
What if when you download GIMP there's an error???

as you can see i hate rap with a passion.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#40 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 2:18 AM
EmoRocker - go to the gimp site and their forums and ask for help there. We cannot support gimp beyond attempting to be helpful here with basic directions.

Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 11:04 PM
Which GIMP do I download?? I have Windows XP so GIMP For Windows or GTK+ 2 Runtime Environment????

as you can see i hate rap with a passion.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#42 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 6:21 AM
You need to download both the runtime environment thing AND Gimp

See the directions tell you to go get things twice.

Test Subject
#43 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 11:37 PM
This is a wonderful tutorial! Thanks so much! I've been planning on downloading GIMP for a loooong time....working on a custom! I hope people like it! Thanks again!

PheonixDragonfly is: Waiting to see if her first upload is accepted!
Test Subject
#44 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 1:38 AM
Default Bodyshop
Hello to everyone i'm new here and i 've downloaded the GIMP and its in but I want to know how do i get to the bodyshop screen.. I read over and over and maybe i overlooked it but i didn't see a download for it so where do i find the bodyshop screen? PLEASE HELP!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simslover0607
Hello to everyone i'm new here and i 've downloaded the GIMP and its in but I want to know how do i get to the bodyshop screen.. I read over and over and maybe i overlooked it but i didn't see a download for it so where do i find the bodyshop screen? PLEASE HELP!

Bodyshop comes with the sims. Go to your start menu > All Programs > EA Games, then find the latest expansion pack you have installed and highlight it. You will see "The Sims 2 Bodyshop". This is what you need to click. Good Luck!

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Test Subject
#46 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 8:12 PM
when i first instulled it, i followed the steps but when i get to the project bit there is no files for me to click one. i need homecrafter lol >.< what do i do????
Test Subject
#47 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 8:49 PM
It Wont Let Me Go On Sims2 Body Shop!! Aaaaa! It Keeps Terminating >.<
Test Subject
#48 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 9:30 PM
were i sthe site to download gtk+2??
Test Subject
#49 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 8:27 PM
The download site is different now.. :/
And makes no sense. T_T
You should update the print screens. o.o
Test Subject
#50 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 8:55 PM
HAH. o_o
I figured it on my own, I think. ^o^
Your tutorial helped in certain places.
It's probably genius to normal minds, but was ineffective to mine.
Page 2 of 3