Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Northeney

by Norn Posted 27th Nov 2017 at 9:46 PM - Updated 16th Nov 2023 at 4:02 PM by Norn : Updated RH links (again)

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts, 69 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 5 of 7
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#101 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:07 PM
@Christmas-Carol Hi, hope you will lots of fun (re-)discovering the game! As this is a roadless world I doubt that that space car will be usable. The way EA designed vehicles is that they all require roads (even brooms!). So try it, I might be wrong, but please don't be disappointed if it doesn't work. Aliens walk on Northeney as does everybody else
Test Subject
#102 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 11:25 AM
Hello! I really love Northeney, it's so charming! I am having an issue though, with one sim: Kenan Aydogdu. He's level 3 journalism, and that seems to be causing some issues. He will reset constantly when trying to go to work, and his skills don't show in the skill panel. Unless I have him quit his job, then all is well. ?? It's really strange. I have many of the Nraas mods, and awesomemod, all updated. I suppose I could just try having him in another career, but any idea why this may be happening? I'd like him to fulfill his (original) lifetime wish!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#103 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 12:32 PM
@jdewdrop Sorry to hear you are having trouble wiith Kenan's career! Not sure what might cause this though, I never had any of these issues. Do you have any mods that interfere with the business career/skills or maybe skill building? Or maybe make him quit his job and then reassign with the help of NRAAS mods? Maybe he is stuck in an opportunity? I'm sorry, I can only guess here.
Test Subject
#104 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 3:21 PM
Thanks for the reply! No, I don't believe I have any mods that are interfering with the journalism career, I've never had this issue before. But looking at all the script errors, they all say "System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.". Some of the errors reference the journalism career/stories and reviews metric, and some indicate a problem with awesome mod. I did try having him quit his career and then add with MC, but it had the same issue. So weird! Regardless, I dig the world, and will try asking at Nraas perhaps.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#105 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 4:27 PM
@jdewdrop Did you try to reset the sim?
Test Subject
#106 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 4:45 PM Last edited by jdewdrop : 3rd Aug 2018 at 6:03 PM.
I did yes, using MC. And I tried loading the game without awesomemod, as that was referenced in the error logs, but his career is still messed up - like the rug isn't properly generating the career. By stage 3 of journalism, you need stories and reviews, and that won't show up under the career tab, in fact, homework was listed instead. I was able to play him for a time and he had the ability to "question" a sim, rather than interview him!

**Edit: I reset everything and replaced the rabbithole rug and all seems well!! Off to play this lovely town, thank you for making and sharing it!**
Test Subject
#107 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 1:31 AM
This world is so beautiful, I was able to load it up and was amazed at how it looked. I'm definitely looking forward to starting a legacy here.
I did not actually get to play and save though, because when the world loaded (with the save file included here), a message popped up saying there were missing objects. I downloaded all the rabbithole rugs that were linked and have all EPs. I'm on patch 1.67 as well. What could be missing?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#108 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 8:49 AM
@xelectrictwist Mh, not sure what could be happening here. I know that there is sometimes a bit mix-up with the RH rugs as there are many versions available in different places. Do you (or did) have different ones in game? Did you delete all cache files before starting a new game?
Test Subject
#109 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
@xelectrictwist Mh, not sure what could be happening here. I know that there is sometimes a bit mix-up with the RH rugs as there are many versions available in different places. Do you (or did) have different ones in game? Did you delete all cache files before starting a new game?

I've never had other rabbithole rugs installed. I got all the ones linked in the description. I think it's just the rabbithole rugs not being placed correctly, I did check out the world today and it looked fine, despite the "missing objects" popup message when I loaded (I loaded up the Northerney save, which I didn't save last time I opened it). And yeah, the second time I loaded the world I did delete my cache beforehand.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#110 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 2:21 PM
So maybe just check if all RH rugs are in place and in case they are not, place them again? I'm sorry I don't have a real answer for you. There was no other cc used nor store content.
Test Subject
#111 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 5:41 AM
Default I love this world
This world just makes me happy. I though no roads would be weird but its actually really nice.
Test Subject
#112 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 8:27 AM
Default I love this. <3
I'm slowly and steadily falling in love with this world, thank you so much for all your hard work!

Quote: Originally posted by jdewdrop
Hello! I really love Northeney, it's so charming! I am having an issue though, with one sim: Kenan Aydogdu. He's level 3 journalism, and that seems to be causing some issues. He will reset constantly when trying to go to work, and his skills don't show in the skill panel. Unless I have him quit his job, then all is well. ?? It's really strange. I have many of the Nraas mods, and awesomemod, all updated. I suppose I could just try having him in another career, but any idea why this may be happening? I'd like him to fulfill his (original) lifetime wish!

@jdewdrop Sorry to hear you are having trouble wiith Kenan's career! Not sure what might cause this though, I never had any of these issues. Do you have any mods that interfere with the business career/skills or maybe skill building? Or maybe make him quit his job and then reassign with the help of NRAAS mods? Maybe he is stuck in an opportunity? I'm sorry, I can only guess here.

Thanks for the reply! No, I don't believe I have any mods that are interfering with the journalism career, I've never had this issue before. But looking at all the script errors, they all say "System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.". Some of the errors reference the journalism career/stories and reviews metric, and some indicate a problem with awesome mod. I did try having him quit his career and then add with MC, but it had the same issue. So weird! Regardless, I dig the world, and will try asking at Nraas perhaps.

I'd like to report that I'm having the same issue. I am not using AwesomeMod, but I am using many Nraas mods among others. Kenan is an inactive Sim so I only noticed the issue thanks to Nraas StoryProgression spamming script errors with level 3 of his career.

I tried to check if this happens to other Sims in that career, but it turns out he's the only journalist so far. For now, I promoted him to level 4 through Master Controller, I'll post an update on whether this makes a difference.
Test Subject
#113 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 9:22 AM
I did yes, using MC. And I tried loading the game without awesomemod, as that was referenced in the error logs, but his career is still messed up - like the rug isn't properly generating the career. By stage 3 of journalism, you need stories and reviews, and that won't show up under the career tab, in fact, homework was listed instead. I was able to play him for a time and he had the ability to "question" a sim, rather than interview him!

**Edit: I reset everything and replaced the rabbithole rug and all seems well!! Off to play this lovely town, thank you for making and sharing it!**

Ah, I missed this reply. It turned out that promoting Kenan to level 4 didn't solve the issue, so I made his family active to check things out more closely.

I replaced the rug and reset it for good measure, then demoted and promoted Kenan back to level 3. The problem was still there, his career tab would get buggy (mine showed Mood - Athletic).

I used MC on his wife to switch her to level 3 Journalism and to my surprise it works for her without issues. So it seems the problem is with the specific Sim.

I don't plan to play that family, so I could just end his existence and call it a day... but I hate doing that to pre-mades, especially ones someone clearly spent precious time on to give the town its special feel. I hope I can figure this out. >_<
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#114 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 9:53 PM
@Loveternity Sorry to hear you are having these troubles, too! I tried to reproduce your errors in new games but couldn't. Didn't get any error messages for Kenan. When I played that family in a new save he got two job opportunities, could write storys and reviews and dive into the neighbour's trash cans to write reviews about them. The career tab showed just fine. He got promoted to level 4 the 3rd day of playing.
I'm not sure how to help you here, it seems a rather specific problem. Maybe reset Kenan again and put him in a different career?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 3:39 PM
@Norn Thank you for the effort to try to reproduce this. The fact that you can't probably means it's mod-related on my part (I play a pretty heavily-modded game, but other than Nraas Career modules I don't believe I have anything that affects careers).

I have reset every object in town with Master Controller (the "Reset Everything" option) but the problem persists. What I've ended up doing is have Kenan quit his job, then used Story Progression to stop him from joining the Journalism career specifically. Not an optimal solution, but he gets to do anything else he wants for his family and I don't have to suffer the script error spam. xD

Thanks again for trying to help and for this wonderful world. <3
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 9:40 PM
Hello there ! I want to download your world but before I do that I have to ask : Can I skip the rabbithole rugs (as in will the world still be playable without them) ? The reason is I have this mod http://modthesims.info/d/568897/add...university.html which states there can be possible conflics with Sims Asylum rabbithole mods. Since my game would lag SO BADLY without it, uninstalling the mod is a no-go. If there is an alternative to them (preferably registration free) I will be glad to know about it!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#117 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 1:22 PM
Hi @SeitamaGenos
Honestly, I don't know! The creator of the mod talks of Bluejenjutsu's mods. These are not the RH rugs but other mods.

The RH rugs use the same script as the original Rabbithole shells but with a different object (not a shell but a rug). I would assume that their entry points for sims were modified though so that they fit the smaller footprints of the rugs (also there is only one entry point for each rug as far as I'm aware). So it might work or it might not. You will have to try.

Of course you don't have to use the RH rugs for playing this world. There won't be any Rabbithole functionality in this case - no careers, no classes etc. I would also strongly recommend not to use the provided savegame in this case, as most of the sims have jobs in one RH career or the other and it would probably mess some things up if the rabbithole rugs were missing suddenly.

You can place whatever RH replacement works for you instead, or try to put the original Rabbithole shells in the basements of the buildings.
Hope that helps!
Test Subject
#118 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 9:39 AM
Please help, the saves aren't showing up in my game. I did install the world before the saves. What could have gone wrong?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#119 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 9:57 AM
@SueSimming Did you put the savegame folder in your EA user folder? The save doesn't have a household picture as you can see in the DL post. Also, if you have a lot of saves you will probably need to scroll back quite a bit, as the saves are ordered chronologically.
Field Researcher
#120 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 6:40 PM
This is a beautiful world; thank you for sharing! I am really enjoying this world, particularly the architecture.

I just wanted to mention that I too had AwesomeMod repeatedly throwing up "flagrant system errors," and wanted to document my experience for anyone else in the same boat. As recommend, I tried deleting and replacing the rabbithole rug. This stopped the AM errors, but I then started getting constant script errors from Overwatch/Error Trap. I also tried quitting Kenan Aydogdu's career and re-adding it, resetting him, resetting everything with Master Controller, and doing all of these things in varying orders, but the issue persisted. I also noticed that his career tab listed the incorrect career goals–it was showing only "mood" at one point, or "charisma," weirdly. I also had an issue where the Aydogdu family would still appear in the portraits on the left after switching to a different household. Because of this, I figured it was an issue with the Sim, not the rabbithole.

This was the solution for me: I started the save again, deleted the family, replaced the RH rug just to be safe, and then promoted a different Sim to Journalism level 3. That Sim had all career goals showing correctly, no issues when switching active household, and I've let time run on for a few Sim hours with no AM or Overwatch errors.

And just an aside to anyone who deleted the rug and wants the custom rabbithole name back: get Debug Enabler from NRAAS, then click on the rabbithole map tag or rug in Live mode. Click options and right at the top you'll see "Change Name."

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#121 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 10:09 AM
@FakeHouses|RealAwesome Thank you for your investigations and advice! I'm sorry I can't be of more help here, I don't have those issues in my game. It seems to be a problem with specific mod combinations. Or maybe others just don't report this issue. Anyway, I'm glad you found a solution for your game!
Alchemist
#122 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 1:00 PM
I now a actually am on Northerney, but sadly I don't have time to go around because I'm here to work

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#123 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 7:56 PM
@Johnny_Bravo Oh, the only thing better than my Northeney mash up is the real Norderney! Sorry to hear you don't have much time but maybe you can sneak out once in a while? The dunes and the protected area are just fantastic!
Alchemist
#124 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 2:44 AM
@Johnny_Bravo Oh, the only thing better than my Northeney mash up is the real Norderney! Sorry to hear you don't have much time but maybe you can sneak out once in a while? The dunes and the protected area are just fantastic!

Had one day early off of work, went to the dunes at the time of the sunset, even though it was cloudy. Refreshing anyway

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#125 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 12:26 AM
Either there's something seriously wrong with this world, or there's something seriously wrong with my game, but I cannot for the life of me get it to work properly. I fiddled with it for several hours to make it work, and when it finally did work your included save or the test save I'd made were both nowhere to be found.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Page 5 of 7