Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Candle Making - Base Game

by icemunmun Posted 4th Apr 2018 at 11:45 AM - Updated 27th Jan 2022 at 7:54 PM by icemunmun : Updated for cottage Living

217 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 109 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 9
Test Subject
#51 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zukieyakie
I have this problem too.

Only the Apple candle I leveled up all the way.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 4:51 PM
Wonderful mode ...thanks very !!! <3 <3 <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 1:58 PM
Thank you,so glad you did this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 6:22 PM
Thanks, works great my sim only to skill 2 this is the best mod I got candle making kit as teen was so obsessed with them (still am) made sand ice shell candles used to sell them as summer job! so the ability to sell them is so cool
Test Subject
#55 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 9:54 PM
me too apple candle sim puts wax on table then the animation stops retry same
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#56 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 10:09 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 12th Apr 2018 at 1:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Loucifer1326
me too apple candle sim puts wax on table then the animation stops retry same

Quote: Originally posted by jadee1391
this mod is brilliant. after playing with it for a few hours I can't get my sim to create the apple candle. It comes up with the menu. I have all the ingredients and the block appears on the table as usual then it cancels out. Is this just me?

Just updated to fix this issue Thank you for reporting

Quote: Originally posted by rena2sweet4u
I'm loving this sooooo much!! Does crafting.shorten_phases work for your candle making like it does for the woodwork station?

I did not even know that was a thing But you can try it since I used some custom phases based on the woodworking phases

Quote: Originally posted by larsV
i love this ,thank you icemunmum,got any more great ideas coming up?

Look at my tumblr WIP tag or my twitter linked in my profile to see the upcoming stuff

Quote: Originally posted by BlazeGirl12
This is super cool! Any chance you could make the candle components able to be ordered over the computer in the future? That might be more convenient than buying the candle making kit every time.

I was actually making that but did not include in the mod since I have to use an injector script for this and injector scripts often show up in the last exception errors even when some other defective /outdated mod or CC . I got tired of dealing with that for the Custom food and drinks interaction mod and did not want to add to the list of last exception errors I had to troubleshoot

But I may add it in future ( along with a few computer based interactions i have made like research, browse for inspiration etc)

Thank you so much guys :lovestruc All the lovely comments have totally made my month and I am glad to see that you peeps enjoy it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 11:56 PM
I immediately download every single thing you make. Your canning station is the absolute best and I'm sure this will be just as good! Thank you for sharing your talent with us.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 4:53 PM
What a lovely surprise! I used to craft candles as a hobby, and now my sims can, too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 8:20 PM
omgg this is so cool!!
Test Subject
#60 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 2:38 PM
Hello! I "open box" on the candle supplies and I had a script error.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#61 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 6:43 PM
Congratulations on the feature! Amazing work
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#62 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lasinalia
Hello! I "open box" on the candle supplies and I had a script error.

Can you please attach the last exception file generated to the comment section ?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#63 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
Congratulations on the feature! Amazing work

Thank you :lovestruc
Test Subject
#64 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 9:14 PM
If i've done it right, should be attached.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 9:14 PM
It's not, shucks. I cannot figure out how to do it, I'll see if PM works better, sorry for the annoyance.
Test Subject
#66 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 12:38 AM
Watch out if you put the sale table on your lot, do the yard sale I had Mortimer Goth just walk in my house and take a bath (this is a maxis stupid thing) just lock your doors before yard sale lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 1:56 AM
I so enjoy your harvesting, collecting & creating Mods. These are all my favorite kind of activities in the game! Plus, my grandmother owned an actual candle shop that she hand dipped and carved candles, so this Mod is definitely going to be my ultimate!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#68 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 10:04 PM
What an awesome mod! I'm having issues downloading it. every time I try, it says the file is corrupted. I can't install.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#69 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kittielickie
What an awesome mod! I'm having issues downloading it. every time I try, it says the file is corrupted. I can't install.

Sometimes incomplete downloads happen when there is a database overload. I would suggest to try later 😊
Test Subject
#70 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 7:08 PM
Wonderful
Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 6:22 PM
I can help with the portuguese translation if you want
Test Subject
#72 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 3:14 PM
This mod is great! However, some of the candles are turning green? I have both files downloaded.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#73 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kattiq
This mod is great! However, some of the candles are turning green? I have both files downloaded.

Turning green ? Can you post a picture ?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#74 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:12 PM
thx u for creating this :))
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#75 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 9:06 PM
This is amazing and love the hobby as i love making candles in real life! I am glad my sims get to enjoy it also
Page 3 of 9