Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 7:26 PM Last edited by FrancisBfoy : 3rd Aug 2014 at 2:28 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Ultimate Collection CC refusing to show up. [Solved]
EDIT: Turns out my game was looking for the downloads under another user's documents file. I've since switched the location of my downloads, and poof!

I've been a long-time simmer. Sims 2 is by far my favorite game of the series, and so I was naturally elated with the release of Ultimate Collection.

Wow, I was wrong.

UC has been really ticking me off. In my normal Sims 2 games, the Downloads was pretty simple. Make the folder under the documents/ea games/sims 2, drop the .package files in, enable the content, and happy simming! I've stopped using a majority of my recolors and such, and the only ones I care for keeping now are InSim, InTeen, and the Sims Blender. However, every FAQ I've read involving solving issues like this haven't helped. The dialogue box doesn't show up in the very beginning (even though I have enabled it) and the game doesn't register the CC (and yes, Downloads is spelled correctly with a capital D).

I've installed the CC the same way I've done my games in the past (when they worked perfectly) and I don't know why it's not working!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 11:14 AM
Try deleting your .cache files and see if that helps...

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 11:20 AM
It has to be done slightly different with the UC. I had the same problem when I installed it. I went into the settings and both enabled the option to display custom content in the catalog and clicked the framed setting next to it to open the dialogue box that didn't show in the beginning for me either. (I can't say what the options are called in English, as mine are in Danish). It turned out it was set to 'off' in there for some reason, so I set it to 'on'. The changes didn't stick until I restarted the game though, but I haven't had any problems since.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 11:57 AM
Yeah - to summarise the getting CC to show up steps for the in-game options, you need:
Show CC in catalogue - on
Click the asterisk to bring up the CC dialogue, and in that dialogue - enabled
Then Show CC dialogue at startup - off

And, ofc, make sure your CC is in The Sims 2(tm) Ultimate Collection, not in plain ol' The Sims 2.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 1:12 PM
Default face templates simply refuse to show up in my game. I took all the necessary steps - everything else, including defaults, work fine. (I don't mind the default templates so much, but there is one I really like - I prefer the interesting Sim look like the Sims in Widespot anyway) 0 but I have to wonder why?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 1:51 PM
Are they not working at all, or have the thumbnails just not updated?

Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 1:54 PM
I deleted the thumbnails and they regenerated, so I assume they aren't working at all.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 2:51 PM
Well, the key sign would be whether or not they display correctly when you select them :P

Mad Poster
#9 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Well, the key sign would be whether or not they display correctly when you select them :P

No - still the Maxi faces. Not a big deal, though.
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 8:04 PM Last edited by cera3 : 31st Jul 2014 at 8:49 PM.
Same problem here... None of my CCs shows up ingame.

I tried these steps twice:

Yeah - to summarise the getting CC to show up steps for the in-game options, you need:

Then I found this help site, where it says "If you own Double Deluxe make sure you have saved custom content to Documents > EA Games > TheSimsTM2 Double Deluxe > Downloads instead of the Documents > EA Games > TheSims2 > Downloads.", Double Deluxe is included in the UC, so I tried the same after moving the Downloads folder in the Double Deluxe folder - no success (moved folder from "Documents/EA Games/The SimsTM 2 Ultimate Collection/Downloads" to "C:/Programs (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Double Deluxe/Downloads", but I think this might be wrong with Win 7^^).

Please help

edit: Ok I got it... Somehow there were 2 "EA Games/The SimsTM 2 Ultimate Collection" folders in "Documents".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 12:57 AM

And, ofc, make sure your CC is in The Sims 2(tm) Ultimate Collection, not in plain ol' The Sims 2.

I have all of these steps completed, but yet for some reason it still doesn't work When I click the asterisk and that box comes up, none of my CC is shown, even after restarting the game three times. It's rather frustrating, to be honest.