Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 8:07 PM
Default How many fans can it handle?

Should I cross my fingers If it will or If it won't?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 8:40 PM
Everyone’s running out of ideas now I see.

FOR THE HORDE
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 11:18 PM
Someone’s bored...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 2:22 PM
I was about to say that to, as the popular complain it gets is "the sims 4 is boring" with little to no replay value. Good news tho that it didn't crash the save.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 1:06 AM
Actually this is the side effect of the 'sandbox' game. It's because we ran out of ideas to make the game fun again, not because the game itself has little replay value.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kompaktive
Actually this is the side effect of the 'sandbox' game. It's because we ran out of ideas to make the game fun again, not because the game itself has little replay value.
Have to agree with this one - though my opinion is broader than just sandboxes (open worlds as well). These types games always eventually lead to game testing/experimenting/breaking hi-jinx, even the ones lauded for being brilliant such as GTA, Skyrim or Fallout ect.... Eventually, you feel like testing boundaries, the AI, the engine, the world, making things ridiculous - generally amusing oneself by any means possible.
Scholar
#8 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I was about to say that to, as the popular complain it gets is "the sims 4 is boring" with little to no replay value. Good news tho that it didn't crash the save.

One just can't simply be satisfied with just one million fans. Place one billion and all your life problems would go away.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
Not sure I'd call this or The Sims 4 "sandbox" games, being open world is pretty essential.

It's absolutely a Sandbox. You have very little limitations on what you can do, despite what a lot of people say. The entire world is open as well. Just because there may be loading screens between the lots doesn't mean you don't have full access to them. So I agree with what the others have said: it may be that James may be running out of ideas and has now moved on to trying to actively break the game to come up with videos. Remember, playing The Sims is essentially his job. He has to keep it interesting.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 2:58 PM
True. TS4 is a sandbox, and different like each and every sims game has their own idea of a sandbox.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 3:52 PM
You do not have to be open world to be sandbox... There are tons of games that are not open world that have 'sandbox mode' which means it just bypasses any goals and artificial limitations the game implements, and just lets you do whatever you have access to - with all the tools there are. All Sims games do that, or allow for it. There's no endgame to any of The Sims series.... you choose how you play.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I took this video to mean nothing more than a play on words. When he released it, he had reached his million subscriber milestone on his channel. A million subs = a million fans.

I suppose there could be some other hidden meaning, but I don't think so, at least not in this case.
Oh God, I didn't even catch that That makes much more sense.
Though some of his videos from the last months do seem weirdly uncreative, especially the challenge ones like "Playing TS4 outside challenge" or "Playing TS4 vertically challenge" or "Playing TS4 in 240p". I do like James and like watching his building videos but I never clicked on any of these challenges because they seem so odd and desperate to me. Though maybe they're actually more hidden memes or jokes I don't get, or I'm just too serious
Scholar
#14 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GothyPanda
It's absolutely a Sandbox. You have very little limitations on what you can do, despite what a lot of people say. The entire world is open as well. Just because there may be loading screens between the lots doesn't mean you don't have full access to them. So I agree with what the others have said: it may be that James may be running out of ideas and has now moved on to trying to actively break the game to come up with videos. Remember, playing The Sims is essentially his job. He has to keep it interesting.

What exactly do you mean from very little limitations? Even when I play Sims 2 which only loads up one lot at once and is a sandbox game I still have a lot more fun playing that then playing Sims 4 and despite Sims 2 being over 14 years it's still feels less restricting then Sims 4 which came out in 2014. How does a game from 2004 which was made at a time when computer technology isn't really that good like it is today look and feel more like a 2014 game then Sims 4? Okay maybe look is stretching it a bit too far especially if you don't play with any cc installed but it's still a fun game that you could pop in and have a lot of fun with.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
What exactly do you mean from very little limitations? Even when I play Sims 2 which only loads up one lot at once and is a sandbox game I still have a lot more fun playing that then playing Sims 4 and despite Sims 2 being over 14 years it's still feels less restricting then Sims 4 which came out in 2014. How does a game from 2004 which was made at a time when computer technology isn't really that good like it is today look and feel more like a 2014 game then Sims 4? Okay maybe look is stretching it a bit too far especially if you don't play with any cc installed but it's still a fun game that you could pop in and have a lot of fun with.

I do mean what I say. Unless your idea of limiting is very, very out there, there isn't really a limit to what you can and can't do. You wanna fuck everyone in town and have a ton of kids? Done. Walk around naked? Done. Kill your sims, and then add them back to the family as ghosts? Done. Etc etc.

Now, it's been years since I played TS2, and honestly it's been so long that it wouldn't be nostalgic for me (that would be the TS3 era), but what can you do in TS2 (and 1, for that matter) that makes it a hundred times superior to TS4? How do Sims feel more "alive", how is the gameplay better? How does it feel more like a 2014 game than TS4? I admit that TS4 has its faults and its bugs and it can run super shitty on my non-gaming laptop, but are those games just so perfect that it has no faults at all?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grindingteeth
Have to agree with this one - though my opinion is broader than just sandboxes (open worlds as well). These types games always eventually lead to game testing/experimenting/breaking hi-jinx, even the ones lauded for being brilliant such as GTA, Skyrim or Fallout ect.... Eventually, you feel like testing boundaries, the AI, the engine, the world, making things ridiculous - generally amusing oneself by any means possible.

I’ve played Sims 3 for 8 years now without ever feeling the urge to waste my time doing something like this I assure you. Testing boundaries in terms of sandbox for me rather means ‘what will happen if I use University features to create an apartment, will it work’ (it does) and ‘will it be fun to play a homeless sim with a horse and a dog who will try to survive running a farm’ (don’t know yet) and ‘would it be possible to create a campground where my sims can spend their holidays in a tent with other guests and have a good time’ (don’t know yet either).
Scholar
#17 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 12:22 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 30th Aug 2018 at 7:11 AM.
I do mean what I say. Unless your idea of limiting is very, very out there, there isn't really a limit to what you can and can't do. You wanna fuck everyone in town and have a ton of kids? Done. Walk around naked? Done. Kill your sims, and then add them back to the family as ghosts? Done. Etc etc.

Now, it's been years since I played TS2, and honestly it's been so long that it wouldn't be nostalgic for me (that would be the TS3 era), but what can you do in TS2 (and 1, for that matter) that makes it a hundred times superior to TS4? How do Sims feel more "alive", how is the gameplay better? How does it feel more like a 2014 game than TS4? I admit that TS4 has its faults and its bugs and it can run super shitty on my non-gaming laptop, but are those games just so perfect that it has no faults at all?

Every game isn't perfect or flawless but at least I could appreciate the extra effort that went into Sims 2. Now for Sims 3 that I kind of have mixed feelings with. I really love the open world,CAST and story progression but it also removed some things that made Sims 2 so special but it's still great fun and the only one so far that had opened the world for the sims instead of just being stuck on one lot like Sims 1 and 2 with the small exception of Sims 4 because you could walk to some public lots without encountering a loading screen. Man if I tell you all the things that Sims 2 does better than 4 then I would probably have enough things to cover this whole page but you could just watch videos about Sims 2 and decide for yourself which game you like better. I can't force you and you can't force me either to like the same thing as each other. They're both games that are special in their own little way. What made Sims 2 so special to me while I was a child is that I had played it since I was 6 years old around the time it first came out and boy was it a huge step up from Sims 1. For one thing the clothes and hair are finally separate from the skin so you could put your white,mixed and black sims into any outfit and hair that you so desire without having to learn image editing and 3d modeling to get the clothes and hair you want on sims with different skin colors. Another major thing is that the graphics were finally in full 3d,you could move the camera around to any angle and direction you want instead of the very limited camera in Sims 1 where you could only rotate the camera in 4 angles and you could only zoom in and out 3 times and so much more. If you want full run down of the differences of all four Sims game then watch Nostalgia Nerd or somebody else's video that I had forgotten the name of that has the same thing. By the way you could do that same exact thing on Sims 2 except for maybe adding the ghost to your family which might corrupt your neighborhood which is another flaw about Sims 2 that I wish the devs would fix but never did. Again I never said that Sims 2 is flawless but it had introduced a whole lot of things that had carried over to the next 2 games but got watered down or removed altogether.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
Not sure I'd call this or The Sims 4 "sandbox" games, being open world is pretty essential.

I would called it sandbox because the game doesn't have story. We created our own story.
Unfortunately, sims 4 doesn't have story progression to keep the world alive (here comes MCCC)
Field Researcher
#20 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 5:43 AM Last edited by Bur1440 : 30th Aug 2018 at 7:10 AM.
Yeah... that's not what a sandbox game is.[/QUOTE]

What is a sandbox game really. Not being a smart ass I really would like to know makes a sandbox game????? By the way I don't think Sims4 is a sandbox game because of when you go on a date or get married you get a list of things to do to get a prize at the end, to me that kills the sandbox game.
dodgy builder
#21 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 10:41 AM
I just wanted to update my knowledge of sandbox and found a neutral def. Some are so negative and let it sip into the def they make.

Quote:
Sandbox
Definition - What does Sandbox mean?
A sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will. In contrast to a progression-style game, a sandbox game emphasizes roaming and allows a gamer to select tasks. Instead of featuring segmented areas or numbered levels, a sandbox game usually occurs in a “world” to which the gamer has full access from start to finish.

A sandbox game is also known as an open-world or free-roaming game.

Progression gaming is very limited in comparison.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 3:04 PM

- Sims have more going for them and imo they're the closest to reaching the psychology of an human counterpart. They had fear, memories (long-lasting, unlike moodlets), personality points (unlike traits that define sim a that or that, sims could be less or more of something). Interest system, which depend whether the sim will have an easy/hard talking with someone that has something in common/uncommon to talk about. Chemistry determine what sim found attractive based on their physical/character attributes, such as get aroused by blonde sim but get turned off If they're fat, which I guess you can say open up possibilities to having stories and possibilities revolve around those qualities.
- Lots of flexibility of defining community lots, like no check-lists to complete. For the most part, objects distinguish the behavior of the lots.
- Attention to detail. (opening cabinets, realistic car-sim interaction animation, etc and etc)
- Babies are cute and more fun to play with.
- Certain npcs, such as social bunny or mr.s crumplebottom, made the game charming and quirky.
- OFB slays it.
- Apartments offer slots for four playable families to reside in, be played with any of them at any moment, visit any with the other without a loading sim, and you can reside in (theoretically) infinite number of towny residents depending how many doors are there available. Also, you can build the apartments anyhow and anywhere (with the help of cheats), which with other games it somehow had a catch in these or an exclusion.

Flaws:
- Very susceptible to literal obliteration (commonly known as a corruption), by even simple in-game provided available feature actions that are done by the player. Basically, you can fuck up a hood If not informed about such consequence by veteran players, because EA didn't gave a shit to do themselves and swept the mess under the rug instead.
- Some other flaws that I can't think off.

Those are just a few of the popular opinions. Somebody can fill in more.

Scholar
#23 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 4:33 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 30th Aug 2018 at 4:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
- Sims have more going for them and imo they're the closest to reaching the psychology of an human counterpart. They had fear, memories (long-lasting, unlike moodlets), personality points (unlike traits that define sim a that or that, sims could be less or more of something). Interest system, which depend whether the sim will have an easy/hard talking with someone that has something in common/uncommon to talk about. Chemistry determine what sim found attractive based on their physical/character attributes, such as get aroused by blonde sim but get turned off If they're fat, which I guess you can say open up possibilities to having stories and possibilities revolve around those qualities.
- Lots of flexibility of defining community lots, like no check-lists to complete. For the most part, objects distinguish the behavior of the lots.
- Attention to detail. (opening cabinets, realistic car-sim interaction animation, etc and etc)
- Babies are cute and more fun to play with.
- Certain npcs, such as social bunny or mr.s crumplebottom, made the game charming and quirky.
- OFB slays it.
- Apartments offer slots for four playable families to reside in, be played with any of them at any moment, visit any with the other without a loading sim, and you can reside in (theoretically) infinite number of towny residents depending how many doors are there available. Also, you can build the apartments anyhow and anywhere (with the help of cheats), which with other games it somehow had a catch in these or an exclusion.

Flaws:
- Very susceptible to literal obliteration (commonly known as a corruption), by even simple in-game provided available feature actions that are done by the player. Basically, you can fuck up a hood If not informed about such consequence by veteran players, because EA didn't gave a shit to do themselves and swept the mess under the rug instead.
- Some other flaws that I can't think off.

Those are just a few of the popular opinions. Somebody can fill in more.

Pros
- You could fling food across the table and throw it at other sims which is a cute interaction
- The couch actually sags realistically when your sims sit on it.
- The romantic animations are more steamy and realistic and there's more variety of them to choose from unlike Sims 3 and 4 where they got watered down or removed altogether.
- The university in Sims 2 is done better then Sims 3. Sims 3 University was bit underwhelming and disappointing to me.
- Children run up and hug their parents when they get off from work sometimes.
- More interaction variety then probably Sims 3 and 4.
- You could shop for clothes and groceries which makes this game more realistic then Sims 3 and 4.

Cons
- No open world so you can't stalk your neighbors or walk across the town or even the ability to walk to your neighbors' or friends' houses without the use of a mod.
- No story progression so the town won't grow up along with your sims and gets stuck in purgatory unless you play in rotation. This could honestly both a pro and a con depending on your play style.
- If you don't know what you're doing you could easily corrupt your neighborhood or even your whole game so you would have to reinstall your game along with the expansion packs and stuff packs and start from scratch which really sucks if you play in a historical setting and you had just finally got the town to modern time.
- No weight or breast slider and you would have to learn to mesh to get the body and breast size you want.
I'm sure there is a lot more but I can't think of them at the moment.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:43 PM
First of all... I want my sandbox with no limitation on:

- Terrain editing
- World editing
- Lot type editing
- Diversity of lot types
- Diversity of the ways I can play the game, characters I can build, relationships I can build, worlds and stories I can build

Sims 4 is still a sandbox game, but way more limited and linear than what Sims 1, 2 and 3 are
Heck, even Sims 1 has terrain editing and ponds.

And let's not forget... The Sims is first and foremost a SIMULATION SANDBOX game. I rarely see any of the simulation stuff in TS4 :/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 7:36 PM
TS2 seems complex (though simple to use) in overall the mechanics it provides.

Page 1 of 2