Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 11:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Pets
Default HCDU is not responding anymore
Hii, first of all I am sorry if this is the wrong subforum, if it is please tell me and I will delete this!
Okay so, I use many mods (I feel), I think about 80. I feel as if not every one is working so I am trying to use the HCDU but when I am trying to scan the files, I get the windows induced message "HCDU is not responding anymore" and I cannot do anything except closing my window. I tried to change the folder's name but no matter what name it is (The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, The Sims 2, Sims 2) it does not work, I will always get the same message.
Please help me!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 1:11 AM
If there's a lot of files in the download folder, it can hang. Temporarily move out all your non-hack files and it might work.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 5:59 AM
It has worked, thank you very much!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 6:46 AM
Great Also just for some perspective, 80 mods is not large, plenty of us here have between 1-3K of mods/hacks.

Did you find any issues? Sometimes you might need to change load order.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~