Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2009 at 8:03 AM
Default New video: Sims 3 Intro short! (Edited: 2nd video)
http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/videos.jsp

This video is so cool! It's not actual game play but it is so cool!
Enjoy! :D

Another one, Actual game play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZZlG6uuTLo
Advertisement
#2 Old 18th May 2009 at 8:09 AM
Hehe cute. I wonder if they'll be using it as a commercial. I would assume so.
#3 Old 18th May 2009 at 8:13 AM
thats awesome!!
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2009 at 8:14 AM
Yeah i hope it's a worldwide commercial. I don't see or hear anything about The Sims 3 on the television or in the country.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th May 2009 at 10:47 AM
Considering the short length, release date and explanation of the basic premise, I'd agree that it's most likely a commercial.
#6 Old 18th May 2009 at 3:34 PM
I don't know if anyone else noticed this.. but you can see Mortimer as a teenager in the video. And then you see him hold hands and walk away with a girl at the end of the video! And it doesn't look like Bella... O_o

link to pic collage: http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/...44/mortimer.jpg
Alchemist
#7 Old 18th May 2009 at 3:37 PM
omg. I almost hit the floor when I saw the guy coming out of the window with the flat screen tv lol
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th May 2009 at 3:45 PM
I love the commercial. Thanks for posting, I don't watch TV so I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.
#9 Old 18th May 2009 at 3:46 PM
Hopefully it's not fabricated video and half of that stuff actually is possible.
Alchemist
#10 Old 18th May 2009 at 4:11 PM
Fantastic! I love where they're running down the hill and the guy turns into a pizza delivery man, then a spaceman, and starts running in low gravity.

The video is awesome and well put together but yep, it's fabricated big time. It looks more like possibilities in The Sims 4.

Even something as simple as the way that Sim pushes through the crowd to look down the hill into the town would be awesome to have in the game, but we know it won't be like that because there have already been videos showing that Sims can't navigate around other Sims any better than they could in TS2.
Instructor
#11 Old 18th May 2009 at 5:05 PM
Really great video!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 18th May 2009 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Fantastic! I love where they're running down the hill and the guy turns into a pizza delivery man, then a spaceman, and starts running in low gravity.

The video is awesome and well put together but yep, it's fabricated big time. It looks more like possibilities in The Sims 4.

Even something as simple as the way that Sim pushes through the crowd to look down the hill into the town would be awesome to have in the game, but we know it won't be like that because there have already been videos showing that Sims can't navigate around other Sims any better than they could in TS2.

Naturally, it's gonna be hyped. Remember the promos for TS2? The toddler swinging from the ceiling fan? And people buy fancy cars because they see the commercials of them zooming around sharp curves on desert mountain roads, but in actuality the consumer won't be doing much more than driving down to the store and dropping the kids off at soccer.
That's just the way ads work, I think.
Alchemist
#13 Old 18th May 2009 at 6:21 PM
Mmmm....I get what you're saying but... The Sims ads are more comparable to showing a car flying around the earth like a spaceship when all you can do is drive around sharp turns on mountain roads.
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th May 2009 at 7:03 PM
I kinda hate those fabricated videos or whatever you wanna call them.
It does not show any game play. For example the guy stealing and rushing out of the window. Or the men with the glasses at the end with the two old ladies all over him, the way he reacts on that.. That is all to good to be true really.. We hope for it, but i don't think there will be such interaction/reacting on Sims
Forum Resident
#15 Old 18th May 2009 at 7:34 PM
Even still, there are plenty of videos online that DO demonstrate actual game play. The smart player should be able to guesstimate for themselves which ones are closer to the actual product. So why not throw in a few off the wall ads?
That's basically what The Sims is all about, isn't it? Off the wall and zany? :D
#16 Old 18th May 2009 at 7:59 PM
It's definitely easy to distinguish between rendered/cgi trailers and real gameplay ones. Okay ... I have to say ... I really prefer cgi trailers, just because they are fun. The point is not to show you how the game works, but to demonstrate what are supposed to be the themes and the spirit of the game.

For example, this trailer for TS2, which I love love love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w

So it's NOTHING like the actual game, but to me it just epitomizes the FEEL of TS2 and what you can do with it. It makes me excited and it makes me want to play TS2. <3

Also, I just love the garage band version of Devo's Recombo DNA hee, hee.
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th May 2009 at 9:05 PM
Yeah i know. It's because i get that real Sims 3 feeling. The living neighborhood and stuff like that. I like them. But sometimes i wish that things i see in those commercial videos would actually happen.
But o well.. Nonetheless It's a great game ..
#18 Old 18th May 2009 at 9:17 PM
How's a kid supposed to know though?
Especially one with little gaming experience. I remember seeing that commercial when Sims 2 was supposed to be coming on in a year or so I was really disappointed when it looked nothing like that in game.

The gameplay videos are a bit boring. lol. If they actually put the effort into creating the game like the other videos I'd be extremely excited.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 18th May 2009 at 11:03 PM
Erm....is this the first game that's been hyped in the ads? I highly doubt it. I'm sorry you were disappointed by TS2. (Did you play any of the expansions? They really added the diversity to the game) But this isn't the first or probably the last game that's gonna be exaggerated in the commercials. And games aren't the only market that does it. Look at the over-stimulated ads for toys.
Overall, I think with all of the exaggeration in the media, kids are going to get wise pretty quick. (Ah, isn't disillusionment fun?)

Compared to the glitzy, fabricated ads, the videos showing game play ARE blander, but I still find them very exciting. One of the draws is the camera, and you can tell it's more sophisticated this time around. The fact that it doesn't require a course in cinematography to make a decent-looking movie makes me eager to try it for myself.

"If they actually put the effort"... Well I'm sure they're very sorry that it doesn't live up to your standards, but making a videogame with so many individual working parts (like, say, a neighborhood where every non-played Sim is autonomous, doing their own thing) and making it fit together seamlessly without any problems, I very much think that's putting the effort.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 18th May 2009 at 11:47 PM
Shure the Videos look very glossy and appealing and packed full of great looking animations and things to do, but at the end of the day it's a product and EA want to sell as many copies of the game as they can.

You wouldn't bother buying the game if it was a trailer of the average playing, watching the sim sitting on the computer or building the sims house, it has to look excitining and get the viewer interested in buying.

So Ima take the commercial with a pinch of salf, and say that it all looks very nice, but not get to over excited at what we see happening, as it may not even be able to be done.
#21 Old 19th May 2009 at 1:27 AM
@ LethalLaurie- I meant I was disappointed about the base game and my expectations didn't really measure up to what I thought it was going to be like. There's probably some kid having all these high hopes for Sims 3 and when they get it. . . they're gonna be like this isn't at all like the good ads or shiny staged screenshots but what can you do.

Quote:
You wouldn't bother buying the game if it was a trailer of the average playing, watching the sim sitting on the computer or building the sims house, it has to look excitining and get the viewer interested in buying.

Yeah. Very true. lol.